Reer UK another win for us.

the thing I wonder is what kind of sinister element (or elements) will be inserted. does one of them undergo an abortion? do they leave Islam? if they're Somali women, I'm sure they in some way rebel against Islam in the movie and of course Islam will be portrayed as oppressing them.

there is no question to me that the content will push some kind of sinister agenda where they rebel against Islam. one gets drunk at a party, commits zina with a non-Muslim, falls in love with him, the parents find out, she says "but I love him!" and walks out and slams the door and cries, he picks her up in his car in the rain, they commit some more zina, she runs off with him, her parents are upset, they're unable to stop it, they accept
they are helpless, the entire situation as portrayed as her empowerment, she gives a feminist speech and the credits roll

Thats not the case in this film at all hencewhy I support it. The black girl is abandoned by her mother and is supported by her friends including the Somali girl. Theres no rebellious angle in this film. The notion of Somali women rebelling against Islam has not been portrayed on film and TV that stereotype is used for other muslim women.

This film is more light-hearted and portrays sisters of girls from different backgrounds helping each other in times of crisis.

@Halimo Supremist I mean I'm not saying they're going to follow the exact movie script I came up with.... but is there really any doubt that they'll somehow rebel against Islam in the movie and that this will be framed as the "moral" of the story?

Thats what I expected but its not the case here. Nowadays media is more "woke" but of course its not genuine as they pretend to be friendly to try to bring the Ummah closer to secularism.

This film is not negative for Somalis or muslims and shows us in a positive light as the muslim characters are helping the girl.

Thats not the case in this film at all hencewhy I support it. The black girl is abandoned by her mother and is supported by her friends including the Somali girl. Theres no rebellious angle in this film. The notion of Somali women rebelling against Islam has not been portrayed on film and TV that stereotype is used for other muslim women.

This film is more light-hearted and portrays sisters of girls from different backgrounds helping each other in times of crisis.

So there's not a subversive anti-Islam agenda but it's made by Netflix?

I could be wrong but I just think anything made by Netflix is out to promote a subversive agenda.

And especially these woman empowerment movies. Every single one of these movies imo shows the women rebelling against the traditional norms of her family and this is part of her journey to.... whatever it is she's on a journey to, this is portrayed as empowerment, the men in her family just have to accept it........ I am convinced it is the exact same formula every single time

Sol

?

I could be wrong but I just think anything made by Netflix is out to promote a subversive agenda.

And especially these woman empowerment movies. Every single one of these movies imo shows the women rebelling against the traditional norms of her family and this is part of her journey to.... whatever it is she's on a journey to, this is portrayed as empowerment, the men in her family just have to accept it........ I am convinced it is the exact same formula every single time
From the trailer it looks good akhi but I can see your point ever since that cutie shit netflix produced. But I have hope for this one not a single "woke" premise was shown in the trailer and the premise for the whole thing is very wholesome and shows the close-ties between a group of teens living in london have some faith :trumpsmirk:

If you don't want to watch it then read the synopsis and see the reviews to get an idea. Otherwise without proof that this is the case its pointless to discuss it further. I will watch the film and review it and hopefully I will not be disappointed.

If you don't want to watch it then read the synopsis and see the reviews to get an idea. Otherwise without proof that this is the case its pointless to discuss it further. I will watch the film and review it and hopefully I will not be disappointed.

yes, that is my plan. I mean maybe I'm wrong. I hope I'm wrong.

I wrote out my prediction on the film.

I think it's very new and so there's not a bunch of in-depth synopsis online yet. hopefully, I'm proven completely wrong and the worst thing in the film is that the teenage girls use some cuss words, one girl has a rebellious moment where the movie plays some kind of rap music that is raunchy by 90's standards but is kind of mild by today's standards. we'll just have to see. I don't plan on watching the movie but I think there will be more synopsis available later

okay, I had to dig but I found some reviews and I think I was wrong. it doesn't sound like it's some sinister movie pushing an evil agenda. it sounds like it's just a movie about teen girls.

Trending