Reconstruction Of An Ancient Skull Found In Kenya

Here's a cool reconstruction of Elmenteita Skull A. His remains were found in Kenya and he most likely lived in Mesolithic times. His remains are yet to be sequenced by Geneticists.

elmenteita_a_by_philipedwin_detc563-fullview.jpg

Kenyans would have a heart attack if they saw this reconstruction of a MENA looking dude who lived in Kenya long before them lol.

Last edited:

Cartan Boos

Average SSC Patriot
VIP
South Cushitic weren't cucked by bantus but flue that wiped out 90% of the population, nilotic have assimilated some Cushitic bantu didn't do anything Waa miskiin, they only outbreed people and when it's 100-10 they start their killing, they ain't warrior type

South Cushitic weren't cucked by bantus but flue that wiped out 90% of the population, nilotic have assimilated some Cushitic bantu didn't do anything Waa miskiin, they only outbreed people and when it's 100-10 they start their killing, they ain't warrior type
Is their evidence for a flu

The Elmenteita fella lived before South Cushites. He was probably part of the earliest waves of Mesolithic migration from North Africa into East Africa.

Elmenteitans were Pastoral Neolithic clustered. But their morphology had different characteristics that were intermediate between the people of the modern Horn of Africa and some unique aspects that are only a diversity of that broader region. Ancients had phenotypic diversity that does not exist in a similar form today.

Reconstruction is nonsense for the most part. This one is a peak. The man looks like he came out of a modern barber, with the skin color of a Bedouin or an Egyptian, people with 70-80% plus MENA.

The only Mesolithic people in Kenya were hunter-gatherers like these:
1684542290766.png
1684542295644.png

Nothing like highly Eurasian, from my knowledge. Looks like Khoisan type headframe.

I have some interesting with this regard that I will post a thread on. I've had it for a long time now and not come around to it yet.

Last edited:
Possibly. I’ve heard of the ancient Eburran industry which existed in Kenya & is also known as “Kenyan Capsian” because the tools & other material culture is similar to the North African Capsian industry.
The skulls above are Eburran. And I have read the literature of the Capsian in southeastern Africa. They're a different lithic industry from the North African one although there is complexity when you go in into deeper times. But this notion that it is synonymous with Capsian-proper is not the case.

Europeans messed up the literature by adding non-standardizable, categorization and framing of tool-technological dynasties. So it is a clusteruck but there are some newer papers (literature reviews) that tried to reconcile and correct the narrative around that to the best of their abilities.

There is also a lot of information locked away without access in the West which is a shame. Hopefully, that might prove to give DNA or archeological significance later.

@Scipio Africanus I made a thread on this ancient Abdalla last year
Correct me if I'm wrong. The Mesolithic dating of Elmenteitan A was done on the assumption that all the bones found at Bromhead's site cemetery were contemporary.

"The UCLA radiocarbon sample was processed under the assumption that a mixture of skeletal parts of different individuals who are contemporary should yield a date of that time period."​

Elmenteitan A skull wasn't a part of the fragments that were dated. The radiocarbon dating was done on a mixed group of fragments that didn't include the skull.

"epiphyses of fibulae and ossa calcis of several juveniles, tali of at least three individuals, several lumbar vertebrae, parts of two left femora, parts of three tibiae, and fragmentary pieces of humeri".​

"Future absolute dating should concentrate on a comparison of individual dates of different skeletons"​

Stratification at the site was poor and samples were mixed together with the changing water levels. Isn't it possible they conflated the Mesolithic HGs with the Eurasian pastoralists?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Trending