Real reason why there is no succesful somali footballer players

As we are watching Euros tournament, I questioned myself why there is no succesful somali playing at the top leagues?

The reason? Lack of ambission. I know plenty of good somali players who could have made it far. What are they doing now? Nothing, they gradually stopped playing. They where in good academies but instead stopped focusing on football. The mentality of a winner is not there.

They had no parental pressure to stop them from playing. I wonder what happened. They even played for the youth national team. U16 and U17 and U18.

I am talking about guys who were the top players in their teams. Players who had talent. Speed, skill and technique. Now they are just chilling, doing whatever.

Until the mentality of somali players change, we will not see a succesful somali player.

It's because of the parents. To become a football player your parents have to make certain sacrifices. Drive you to matches, sometimes even across the country. Make sure you're eating well, and they have to be aware of what's going on at every stage in your career. Most Somali parents are either unwilling or unaware.

It's because of the parents. To become a football player your parents have to make certain sacrifices. Drive you to matches, sometimes even across the country. Make sure you're eating well, and they have to be aware of what's going on at every stage in your career. Most Somali parents are either unwilling or unaware.

Naahh its not the parents, otherwise ajnabi ciyaal suuq kids would not be succesful in this sport. The guys Im talking about did not have any parental pressure to stop playing rather they did not have the ambission to succeed.

Apollo

VIP
There's only like 400-500K Somalis in all of Europe, mainly England and the Nordic countries.

Why they are not in Nordic/Scandinavian teams should be the question, not for the rest of Europe.

Naahh its not the parents, otherwise ajnabi ciyaal suuq kids would not be succesful in this sport. The guys Im talking about did not have any parental pressure to stop playing rather they did not have the ambission to succeed.

If you’re talking about black kids it’s because they’re so athletic that the academies really chase after them. The cadaan kids have parents that sacrifice a lot. If you consider British Asians they’re even worse off than us. Their parents care about education, and completely disregard football. Plus the academies think they have no future in the game

Mukhalas

Macawiis, dacas iyo AK47.
Avoiding the hard work and choose an easy, least resistent path is in somali gene.

For 1000s of years our ancestors were never keen on dealing with any challenge, they prefered the easiest possible lifestyle, herding camels.

Somalis in the west are no different, they rather take the ceyd and just chill than challenge themselves to achieve greatness.

I remember when I got cut from the basketball team, my mom was like mac sonkor soo fadhiiso aa kaawayay. I'm like damn....
:dwill:

Som

VIP
Somalis are a minority within the minority.
Why are there not many indian/pakistani players? The ones who live in europe also play football.
The only euro countries with significant Somali populations are Uk, scandinavian countries and Netherlands. That's it
It's obvious that somalis would be less likely to shine when there's so few of us

Apollo

VIP
Somalis are a minority within the minority.
Why are there not many indian/pakistani players? The ones who live in europe also play football.
The only euro countries with significant Somali populations are Uk, scandinavian countries and Netherlands. That's it
It's obvious that somalis would be less likely to shine when there's so few of us

England and the Netherlands are densely populated with tens of millions of people. So Somalis are still kind of laangaab when compared to the total, but why there are almost no Somalis in Nordic teams is puzzling. 1% of Norway is Somali, it has the most Somalis per capita in Europe. Sweden also something like 0.8% of the total population.

Som

VIP
England and the Netherlands are densely populated with tens of millions of people. So Somalis are still kind of laangaab when compared to the total, but why there are almost no Somalis in Nordic teams is puzzling. 1% of Norway is Somali, it has the most Somalis per capita in Europe. Sweden also something like 0.8% of the total population.
Norway doesn't have a good team so the overall quality of their football is low which makes it less likely for somalis to stand out.
Same for Finland even though they qualified for euro 2020/21.
Sweden is a bit better, they have Isak who is of Eritrean descent but he is just one dude. Even arabs who are much more represented in Sweden produce very few players. I believe Durmaz is the only guy of middle eastern ancestry and he is Syriac half Turkish half Lebanese.

Som

VIP
Anyway some years ago Ayub Daud was a good player who seemed to have a Great future. He joined Juventus youth team, i believe he was top scorer in the youth tournament for Juventus under 23 squad. He made one appearance in the italian Seria A, I think he became the first Somali player to play in Serie A or any major European league. Unfortunately he was sold by Juventus , he played for small clubs in the second italian division, then in Switzerland and Hungary. He was a free agent for the last 4-5 years and he is only 30.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayub_Daud

Som

VIP
Anyway we Somalis have Mo Farah.
The guy worked hard to get were he is. The most successful somali athlete in history.
We can have mo Farah success stories in football too

One thing to add, I live in scandinavia, so we are in a equal footing with other ajnabis. Still, theres more ajnabi players at the top level. We need to accept its the laziness. These niggas are doing nothing at the moment.

There's only like 400-500K Somalis in all of Europe, mainly England and the Nordic countries.

Why they are not in Nordic/Scandinavian teams should be the question, not for the rest of Europe.

Not even the british have excuse anymore, langaab africans and other ajnabis are also getting to the top. They have a kid who has signed a contract with liverpool so theres that. There should be more.

mr steal your naag

banu hashim and shiettt
VIP
Another guy who had some bright future was Islam Feruz . He played for Chelsea but he was quickly sold to small teams and even played in Greece. He retired in 2017 at 22 yo to start his own clothes company.https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_Feruz
Lol iam supprised you never heard of this guy he is the first black player in the serie a and he played for the italian national team. His mom is somali. His father is italian
170px-Fabio_Liverani (1).jpg
Screenshot_20210613-142129_Chrome.jpg

OffTheDome

Proud American
My cousin Yusuf Abdirasaq Suleman (Yusuf Bulay) plays for Qatar’s national team, and my other cousin Abdi Sharif plays for Liverpool U23

It’s a big gamble to succeed you need to be 100% focused on football that means not focusing on education. Most of the top footballers in the world have no GCSE/High school diplomas. Besides the odds of anyone making it on to big teams like Arsenal and Juventus are low. It’s not a stable career if you get injured your career can end.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Trending