Raw meat eater insults Somali eating habits

My soul felt violated after seeing this video. Westerner trying to trash talk our way to eat food. :urgh:

Who the hell in the somali community eats food with forks when you have your hand that is 10x better and faster. It takes forever to finish my food on those. :drakewtf:

Destiny

Shaah Enthusiast
My soul felt violated after seeing this video. Westerner trying to trash talk our way to eat food. :urgh:

Who the hell in the somali community eats food with forks when you have your hand that is 10x better and faster. It takes forever to finish my food on those. :drakewtf:
He's habesha. Didn't you get that from the title?

Destiny

Shaah Enthusiast
Don't they also eat with their hands?
I think so lol. How else are they able to eat their injera and raw meat :mjlaugh:
Ethiopians eating Raw Meat in Hawassa! - YouTube

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
It’s sunnah to eat with your hands, but it’s haram and najasso to lick food off your hands and to suck on your fingers like that.

I eat with my hands at restaurants, it’s easier. Eating with a tiny spoon is so stupid, hard to pick up with and eating little by little.

Also you’re not supposed to take a giant handful of bariis and stuff it in your mouth. I think the guy was being comical.

kurobecky08

Taxation is theft
I use to eat with my hands all the time when I was little. I’m used to it now, but man I was teased so hard about it in grade school. It took a long time for me to use forks/spoons. My dad would do it only if he alone .

I did not know that some Somalis had issues with using spoons and forks. Interesting. I eat everything with utensils unless it a finger food. I haven't used my hands to eat ever since I moved back to the States.

Sad, food always tastes better eating by hand.

It’s sunnah to eat with your hands, but it’s haram and najasso to lick food off your hands and to suck on your fingers like that.

I eat with my hands at restaurants, it’s easier. Eating with a tiny spoon is so stupid, hard to pick up with and eating little by little.

Also you’re not supposed to take a giant handful of bariis and stuff it in your mouth. I think the guy was being comical.
It was narrated from Ibn ‘Abbas that the Prophet (ﷺ) said: “When one of you eats food, let him not wipe his hand until he has licked it or has someone else to lick it.”(ibn Majah).

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
It was narrated from Ibn ‘Abbas that the Prophet (ﷺ) said: “When one of you eats food, let him not wipe his hand until he has licked it or has someone else to lick it.”(ibn Majah).
what the hell, my hooyo always told me it’s haram to do that.

NotMyL

"You are your best thing"
VIP
Lol I have seen too many Somali men eating like that in Somali restaurants. The worst are those that floss at the table when done eating, someone needs to teach Somali men etiquettes. Never seen Somali women eating like, just because you are a man doesn’t mean you should have no shame.