Raptors brutal start

Celery

Vasodilator
VIP
We’re 9 games into the NBA season and the Raptors are off to a 2-7 start, good for third worst in the NBA. Much of their struggles can be attributed to the lack of production from the centre position, where Aron Baynes and Alex Len have been unable to replace Serge’s scoring and defence.

Over the last two games, the Raptors have gone small, going with the lineup that won game 6 of the ECSF last year. They’re 1-1 doing this and it’s likely they bench Norman Powell and replace him with the brutally efficient Chris Boucher. There’s a good chance they turn it around and I’ll bet they reach the ECF this year.

No paint presence since Ibaka and Gasol left and their ability to stretch the floor will be missed. Siakam is too one dimensional offensively while FVV and Lowry are great but undersized. I have a feeling Lowry is gonna get traded by the deadline and the team will rebuild centered around FVV & Siakam.

Jellal

East-End General 💯☔
There shitiness is mostly self-inflicted. Trade Baynes and Powell for Marvin Bagley Jr. Also let Boucher start wtf is this playing Siakam at 5. Or even better try to snatch up harden.

Celery

Vasodilator
VIP
They’re gonna stay unnoticed lol :rejoice:
And that’s fine
No paint presence since Ibaka and Gasol left and their ability to stretch the floor will be missed. Siakam is too one dimensional offensively while FVV and Lowry are great but undersized. I have a feeling Lowry is gonna get traded by the deadline and the team will rebuild centered around FVV & Siakam.
Though the numbers might not show it but Siakam is greatly improved from last year. His rebounds are up, his assists are up, he’s playing in the post more instead of hanging around at the three point line etc. In the Celtics series, they got rid of their centres and were a plus +- with their small unit.

They’re trying to revive that with Chris Boucher replacing Norman Powell, which is a defensive upgrade without much offensive sacrifice. They tried this briefly against the warriors and erased a 17-point fourth quarter deficit. Boucher had 15 points, 6 rebounds and 6 blocks, something Norman wouldn’t provide.

You don’t think this improved, more defensive small ball is better than the raptors with Ibaka? I think it is and it will begin to show soon.

Celery

Vasodilator
VIP
There shitiness is mostly self-inflicted. Trade Baynes and Powell for Marvin Bagley Jr. Also let Boucher start wtf is this playing Siakam at 5. Or even better try to snatch up harden.
Yes Boucher should start. Excellent offensive and defensive upgrade over both centres. Siakam has taken a ton of shit and has responded well. He’s better able to read defenders and do the right thing (he had 12 assists in a game). With a starting lineup of Fred, Kyle, Chris, OG and Pascal, they are comically good in the small sample size. They will roll with this for the foreseeable future and determine if they are buyers or sellers come February 6.

Personally, I don’t think they’re capable of winning a championship without a top 5 player so I don’t think they should be buyers at the deadline unless they’ll gamble with James Harden. I think getting Harden and a 3-4 spot guarantees at least an ECF appearance and maybe a finals. There’s also the chance that he becomes too toxic and further ruins the teams future.

Celery

Vasodilator
VIP
That doesn't matter warya he choked when it mattered back to back games where he spins and bricks the game winner :mjlol:
They will go in eventually. Kawhi bricked a ton of game winners in his career, way more than he made.

Celery

Vasodilator
VIP
WaIIahi Siakam is a shortbus yute stop fucking spinning :mjlol:
Calm down. The guy played really well and ended up missing at the end. It’s really not his fault that Lowry, VanVleet and Powell bricked a bunch of threes that would’ve ended the game with 6 minutes left. And it’s hard to blame them too since they’re on the second night of a back to back.

Celery

Vasodilator
VIP
Wallahi I hope man. I've lost confidence in the guy since his pathetic performance in the Bubble.:kanyehmm:
If you’ve been paying attention he’s actually better than last year. Multiple double digit assist games already. The team’s offensive is better and more creative than last year. Their ceiling is a better version of the rockets small ball from last year (2nd round or ECF).

Jellal

East-End General 💯☔
If you’ve been paying attention he’s actually better than last year. Multiple double digit assist games already. The team’s offensive is better and more creative than last year. Their ceiling is a better version of the rockets small ball from last year (2nd round or ECF).
Hop off his nuts nigga he's not clutch

Trending