Random thought/question

Would you be content?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems like you are already humble. Nothing wrong with striving for the best and doing better than those before you.

I personally wouldn't be content with the way i'm currently living but I am still appreciative of the things I have that others don't.

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist
My mom is low-income and we live a townhouse, but my father makes like 70k and lives in a pretty affluent neighborhood. I hope to do better than both as you should progress with each generation, but I wouldn't mind living like my dad when I reach his age.

My mom is low-income and we live a townhouse, but my father makes like 70k and lives in a pretty affluent neighborhood. I hope to do better than both as you should progress with each generation, but I wouldn't mind living like my dad when I reach his age.
Why do you live with your mom and not your dad? If you don’t mind me asking

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

4694.jpg

NotMyL

"You are your best thing"
VIP
So your mom doesn’t get child or spousal support from him? No way you will be living nice life while I struggle to raise your children:stopit:Somali moms need to stop being too nice.

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist
So your mom doesn’t get child or spousal support from him? No way you will be living nice life while I struggle to raise your children:stopit:Somali moms need to stop being too nice.

No, she gets the mandatory child support + close to a thousand dollars (not sure if it's alimony or not) monthly; my father isn't the deadbeat type.

XamarWeeaboo

You expected something here didn't you?!?!?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Answers:
1. If it's a nice,quite area, then why not?!
2. It depends on what they are doing, however like most 1st generation Somali diaspora, then no. I have seen the hardships that my parents have gone through in order to raise me and my siblings, and have been blesses to be raised in a country that I can have any future I wish, so why should I not aim higher? I'm not asking to take over the country, contrary to the right's thinking, I just want my degree and I'll happily move back to whatever desert they want me to.

To be honest with you, I believe that Somali parents, especially the father, don't know what to expect from their kids, since most of them either never went to or had their education disrupted by the civil war and thus assume that hard work and 100% focus on studies will get you through life, which isn't wrong... However, there are certain aspects of Somali upbringing that just seems... inhumane. By this I mean, not being able to have a decent hobby such as playing the instrument and sports being seen as useless for anything apart from a gym lesson or summer activity, this puts us at a disadvantage, especially when it comes to things like Uni and job applications- I've been asked "So, what do you do in your free time?" so many times that I b.s my way through it with "I read and play sports and stuff". Hopefully, we will not raise our kids the same way and raise them in a way that keeps them ahead of the game, like some oriental or Indian parents- strict but fair

Aaegal

I have no proof, only whispers
Does your dad have another family?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts