Randille people and language

Wardey Oromos conquered all of Waamo from smaller Somali clans in the 1600-1700’s after Borana under the pagan “prophet” Mooro Uchama chased them out of Liiban and Diire. Ejji Somalis reconquered it in the 1900’s.
Afmadu was their capital, and Gedo comes from one of their chiefs
wdym smaller somali clans lol garre ain't small

Khaemwaset

Djiboutian 🇩🇯 | 𐒖𐒆𐒄A𐒗𐒃 🇸🇴
VIP
Wardey Oromos conquered all of Waamo from smaller Somali clans in the 1600-1700’s after Borana under the pagan “prophet” Mooro Uchama chased them out of Liiban and Diire. Ejji Somalis reconquered it in the 1900’s.
Afmadu was their capital, and Gedo comes from one of their chiefs
Oromo had prophets 😂😂

Cartan Boos

Average SSC Patriot
VIP
They're not Somali for the all the fobs claiming these folk but they are important key to our expansion in Kenya tho we should assimilate and civilize them

Imo what more likely happened is pagan oromos conquered the NFD and western side of Jubba river 500 years ago, assimilating the somalis present there and cutting the rest of from others. The rendille people were isolated from other somalis and thus split off. Alhamdulillah many of them have come back to the fold of Islam after contact with somalis.
Agree mostly, besides the coming back to Islam part (unless you're talking about the everyone is born muslim tenet). What's the evidence Rendille, Sakuye, Gabbra were Muslim before being bisected by Oromos from the Somaloid continuum? I more so use the Oromo expansion as a border which halted Islam's gradual propagation through southern Somali territories.

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
Agree mostly, besides the coming back to Islam part (unless you're talking about the everyone is born muslim tenet). What's the evidence Rendille, Sakuye, Gabbra were Muslim before being bisected by Oromos from the Somaloid continuum? I more so use the Oromo expansion as a border which halted Islam's gradual propagation through southern Somali territories.
I have no evidence, I actually was alluding to what you just said. Pagan oromos conquered NFD and Waamo, cutting off pagan rendilles from their muslim somali brethren.

Funnily enough, the pagan oromos, the Orma and Boranas are now mostly muslims whilst the rendilles started to revert relatively recently.

Trending

Latest posts