Ramy - Muslim american show coming to Hulu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaegal

I have no proof, only whispers

p16580502_b_v8_aa.jpg

This is a pretty funny interview. I'm going to be checking out his show once it comes out. I'm probably going to relate a lot to the whole 'what they believe and what they actually do' part from when I was younger :pachah1:

NotMyL

"You are your best thing"
VIP
We started watching this yesterday and binge through all ten episodes. I wish the episode were longer, its so relatable in many ways.

Aaegal

Watched the first episode.

That wudu scene happened to me when I was like 12 haha, he didn't wash my feet for me but the guy made me copy his every step.

The girl making faces in the wedding scene is how I imagine every Somali girl when they are listening to Somali guys speaking :mjlol:

NotMyL

VIP
Watched the first episode.

That wudu scene happened to me when I was like 12 haha, he didn't wash my feet for me but the guy made me copy his every step.

The girl making faces in the wedding scene is how I imagine every Somali girl when they are listening to Somali guys speaking :mjlol:
That scene was funny but he didn’t really have to take the socks off it’s not a must.
Poor Ramy keeps trying to do better but kept getting sucked into other people’s bs.

Aaegal

That scene was funny but he didn’t really have to take the socks off it’s not a must.
Poor Ramy keeps trying to do better but kept getting sucked into other people’s bs.

He's a weird dude... He wouldn't take E with the Jewish girl and have sex but he will go and f*ck a married Muslim woman...

The 9/11 episode was pretty good as well, especially the last scene where they introduce his crippled friend. It makes sense now why he takes care of him that way. Anyone willing to do that for a friend is a great person in my book.

His racist uncle is beyond hilarious haha obviously I don't agree with any of the stuff he says but It reminds me of certain people I know.

The episode with his sister was also good. Showcases that women need as much independence as men and that they too have sexual desires. Glad she decided not to go through with that creep as well.

NotMyL

VIP
He's a weird dude... He wouldn't take E with the Jewish girl and have sex but he will go and f*ck a married Muslim woman...

The 9/11 episode was pretty good as well, especially the last scene where they introduce his crippled friend. It makes sense now why he takes care of him that way. Anyone willing to do that for a friend is a great person in my book.

His racist uncle is beyond hilarious haha obviously I don't agree with any of the stuff he says but It reminds me of certain people I know.

The episode with his sister was also good. Showcases that women need as much independence as men and that they too have sexual desires. Glad she decided not to go through with that creep as well.

He doesn’t drink or do drugs but he has sex, it’s the life of a lot of “Muslims” in the west, Eating pork is going too far but sex, not a big deal. The scene with his sister and the coffee shop guy was pretty accurate, one of my Arab friends told me a lot of their girls are willing to do everything except the P in V :ohlord:

Aaegal

He doesn’t drink or do drugs but he has sex, it’s the life of a lot of “Muslims” in the west, Eating pork is going too far but sex, not a big deal. The scene with his sister and the coffee shop guy was pretty accurate, one of my Arab friends told me a lot of their girls are willing to do everything except the P in V :ohlord:

Yeah a lot of people who grew up Muslim but are no longer also think eating pork is take it too far :chrisfreshhah:

I've got three episodes to go!

Aaegal

I finished the series.

I really wish there were more episodes in Egypt. I was actually due to move there to live with my cousins for a year before the whole Arab spring thing happened at which point they left.

Looking forward to season 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending