Quitting caffeine and sugar??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reign

Pro Women's Rights|Centrist
VIP
I’m on the end of day one of quitting caffeine and sugar and my head is banging, my eyes hurt and I feel some type of way. Has anyone tried to quit?

@sophisticate come in girl, you said you quit. Give some advice.

And you take care of yourself:banderas:

Yeah when I cut I sometimes cut out all carbs and the first 2-3 days I have migraine type headaches, brain fog and blurry vision but then after that my energy levels rise quite a lot and I become very clear headed, nice feeling.:ahh:

Reign

VIP
And you take care of yourself:banderas:

Yeah when I cut I sometimes cut out all carbs and the first 2-3 days I have migraine type headaches, brain fog and blurry vision but then after that my energy levels rise quite a lot and I become very clear headed, nice feeling.:ahh:
Carbs are good for you as long as they’re whole food carbs. For example whole wheat brown bread instead of white, brown rice instead of white etc.. I’ve been on a whole food plant based diet for a while now and quitting caffeine and sugar would be the icing on the cake for me, but it seems this is the hardest part.

Carbs are good for you as long as they’re whole food carbs. For example whole wheat brown bread instead of white, brown rice instead of white etc.. I’ve been on a whole food plant based diet for a while now and quitting caffeine and sugar would be the icing on the cake for me, but it seems this is the hardest part.
Yeah I know complex carbs are good but I was trying to lose fat asap after eating too much food on a dirty bulk for the last 6 months and when you say quitting sugar do you also mean no fruit?

Reign

VIP
Replace it with another [less harmful] addiction?
I did that when I quit coffee and only drank tea, but now I want to cut caffeine out completely. I don’t really think it’s possible though considering I literally live by hot drinks lol.

If you get sugar cravings chew sugar free gum that worked for me

Reign

VIP
Yeah I know complex carbs are good but I was trying to lose fat asap after eating too much food on a dirty bulk for the last 6 months and when you say quitting sugar do you also mean no fruit?
No, not fruit or honey, just white sugar and cane sugar in general.

TooMacaan

VIP
I did that when I quit coffee and only drank tea, but now I want to cut caffeine out completely. I don’t really think it’s possible though considering I literally live by hot drinks lol.
I was gonna say to replace it with homemade smoothies, but if you prefer hot drinks...Hot milk with cinnamon & honey instead, perhaps?

TooMacaan

VIP
You’re a genius, why didn’t I think of that? :faysalwtf:

Any more suggestions? :samwelcome:
Can't think of anything else atm; I'm not as health conscious as I should be, so everything I drink usually tends to have sugar in it:jcoleno:. I'll update you if I ever hear of something that meets your criteria though !

I've been trying to cut caffeine. But I drink mainly tea now. Drinking shaax is in my genes, I can't help it. :zhqjlmx:

Laakin, stay away from iced coffee. That ish is the devil. I would drink that the entire summer, and I couldn't understand why I had gained weight around my midsection. :ftw9nwa::ftw9nwa:

After I cut that out my diet, I lost all that I had gained, Alhamdulilah.

But as a student, I can't survive without my coffee. I don't know how others do it. :mindblown:

Reign

VIP
Try greek yogurt mixed with a tablespoon of honey, it' nice:samwelcome:
I don’t consume animal products except for raw organic honey. Greek yogurt and honey gives me Ramadan vibes as a teenager, my dad used to make that for sahoor. :noneck:

Reign

VIP
I've been trying to cut caffeine. But I drink mainly tea now. Drinking shaax is in my genes, I can't help it. :zhqjlmx:

Laakin, stay away from iced coffee. That ish is the devil. I would drink that the entire summer, and I couldn't understand why I had gained weight around my midsection. :ftw9nwa::ftw9nwa:

After I cut that out my diet, I lost all that I had gained, Alhamdulilah.

But as a student, I can't survive without my coffee. I don't know how others do it. :mindblown:
I quit iced coffee when I realised how much sugar goes into it, but damn I miss my frappes. :wowsweat:

It’s all the sugar and cream that makes you gain the weight.

Coffee was probably the hardest thing to quit for me since I preferred it to tea.

I quit iced coffee when I realised how much sugar goes into it, but damn I miss my frappes. :wowsweat:

Coffee was probably the hardest thing to quit for me since I preferred it to tea.

Iska bada the sugar, do you know how much cream goes into an iced coffee? :fantasia2:Ruunti, I stopped drinking it for vanity reasons when I saw how it was causing me to gain weight.

Vanessa

Support interracial love 💕
VIP
Hi @Reign,
I quit sugar nearly 2 weeks ago. However i substitute xylitol for cooking.
Whenever i crave for sugar or sweet/carbs i eat nuts or berries.
I wish you good luck with this journey :it0tdo8:

I never fully cut out sugar but I have one set "cheat day" and it gives me motivation because I was verrrrry addicted to sugar. I told myself it would all be worth it (sugar is a drug people) Now not so much. Maybe try that cause it aint easy to quit cold turkey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts