question to ladies

@Hared

Are Somalis in Kenya really that different to other Somalis? I assume you live in your own areas in Kenya and that your culture is still unmistakably Somali.

People of the same descent can sometimes be markedly different in the way they think and behave depending on the environment in which they were raised; an example of this is the case of the Brazilians of Japanese descent in their experiences in Japan...

..They were enticed to settle and work in Japan, however, they found it exceedingly difficult to integrate into Japanese society; they were far more outgoing, expressive and less modest in their presentation.
somalis in kenya have their own areas but the two cities of nairobi and mombasa have always been melting points of different cultures
and here i am talking about the cultures of this two cities. a somali born and brought up in the mainly somali province and areas and a somali born and brought up in the above cities are quite differebt in their approach and culture, one is mainly and largely somali in culture and outlook while the other is more multicultural and outward in attitude and scope. i dont think japan is a good example as its one of the most homogeneous
societies in the world, anyone would find it hard to integrate there.

Trending