Question To Atheists and Theocrats

Status
Not open for further replies.

I was watching this video of Mosab Hassan Yousef, the son of one of the founders of Hamas, who spied for Israel. He says that he was motivated by the oppression that he saw by Islamic groups and that he felt driven to leave Islam. We know there are a growing number of ex-Muslims these days, and most of them are in the closet. They lead double lives. To their parents and community, they are believers, but to the internet, they are critics of Islam. Foreign intelligence agencies are bound to try to recruit them too by playing on their feelings of being an oppressed minority. So here's what I wanna know from ex-Muslims. Would you spy for intel agencies against Somalia because of the repression you feel?

And here's a question for theocrats: how will you guard against pushing ex-Muslims into the hands of Ethiopian, Kenyan, and Western intelligence by discriminating against them?

I'm not saying all apostates are traitors - there are plenty of Muslims doing the bidding of foreign countries too. It was Abdullahi Yusuf after all who invited Ethiopian troops into Somalia, and the foreign secretary of the present Somali government has called for US troops to come into Somalia to deal with al-Shabab. Nevertheless, it's easier to recruit people who don't feel they are treated well by society

It reminds me of what sheikh Ayad Jamal al-Din said. He said the munafiqeen only emerged in the Ummah during Medina when the prophet (SAW) had political power, not when Muslims were a persecuted minority in Mecca. It was only when it was unsafe to oppose Islam openly that its enemies resorted to disguising their beliefs. So actually this is a pretty old phenomenon and one that the Qur'an addresses.

That's why I'm a staunch secularist. Because when religious minorities are granted human rights and equal citizenship, they are loyal to the state. They're no more likely to support a foreign power than anyone else. This is even more dangerous if you don't even know who the apostates are. If you did, you could at least in theory keep an eye on them. Most of these atheists and agnostics are unknown to even their family. They can rise to the highest office of the land as Kemal Atatürk did and wreak vengeance.

Atatürk was a patriot who defended his country from invasion in the Battle of Gallipoli, but not every atheist will be a patriot. The Brits invaded India successfully in the Battle of Plassey in 1757 because a Muslim commander was paid off to divert his troops from the field of battle. People without grievances don't do that. Tariq Aziz, by contrast, was an Iraqi Christian, yet he was a loyal foreign minister because Saddam treated Christians as equals under the law.

The only god I know is Ben Frank. I'll gladly George Soros my own people if I'm paid.
A lotta people worship Ben Frank. Even devout Muslims. He's one of the few deities to still be working miracles in this day and age. Look at the supermodel Iman, God bless her. She raked in a cool thirty million after David Bowie bit the dust. Don't tell me that 30 million dollars can't answer prayers.

Since you're an unbeliever, do you agree with this apostate's warning to the Muslims of Europe?

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
Hm, good question. My answer is no but i would understand why some would. Exmuslims are generally rejected and or threatened in Somali society, some don't take that too well so they may turn against their own people, much in the same way their people turned against them.

Zeus

STYLIN
A lotta people worship Ben Frank. Even devout Muslims. He's one of the few deities to still be working miracles in this day and age. Look at the supermodel Iman, God bless her. She raked in a cool thirty million after David Bowie bit the dust. Don't tell me that 30 million dollars can't answer prayers.

Since you're an unbeliever, do you agree with this apostate's warning to the Muslims of Europe?

He makes a lot of good points but I looked at this video on his facebook and the comments are filled with people attacking him....typical.

Status
Not open for further replies.