Question for xalimos with a lot of brothers

Are you expected to cook and clean after them always? I live with my hooyo and brothers so I have never seen what is expected from daughters and sons

Lostbox

「Immortal Sage」| Qabil-fluid
VIP
As the only male sibling of five sisters. I was only required to clean my room and my own mess. I was allowed cooking but no one like it and my parents banned me from cooking for the family

Last edited:
In a Somali household the girls do everything and the boys typically sit and relax. My dad always says sons are useless. :silanyolaugh:

Lostbox

「Immortal Sage」| Qabil-fluid
VIP
In a Somali household the girls do everything and the boys typically sit and relax. My dad always says sons are useless. :silanyolaugh:

When I do a f*ck up. My dad jokingly says

"Why couldn't I have a daughter"

:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

Mimir

Caafimaad baby
There's only one girl in our house and she doesn't do all the work. Just a small portion. The rest is for us boys to finish up

Basic

Passive Aggressive is the new Aggressive
VIP
Sons are only useless if they weren’t taught better. It’s like saying an illiterate person is useless when they weren’t taught to read:what1:

Nostalgia

DEACTIVATED!
It's definitely expected for the girls to do more chores than the boys, I was the youngest so didn't do much but my older sisters had to clean and cook while my older brothers weren't expected to even lift a finger. I am going to teach both my boys and girls to do chores since they'll need the skills equally.

Last edited:
Sons are only useless if they weren’t taught better. It’s like saying an illiterate person is useless when they weren’t taught to read:what1:

That's probably because daughters are already expected to be able to do everything and if farax does it it's a miracle :shookgabre:

Or entitlement. My parents especially my dad tell my brothers to help around and they act like they are incapable. :comeon:It could also be that we are just more inclined to do it because we want to. If my mom or dad is sick I'll ask them how they are feeling, make them food, take care of them and handle all the housework but my brothers won't be interested because they'll think fatima will do it. I think women usually enjoy taking care of people.

Helios

Certified Liin Distributor
AQOONYAHAN
VIP
I don't have any sisters just two younger brothers :(

Basic

Passive Aggressive is the new Aggressive
VIP
That's probably because daughters are already expected to be able to do everything and if farax does it it's a miracle :shookgabre:
Or entitlement. My parents especially my dad tell my brothers to help around and they act like they are incapable. :comeon:It could also be that we are just more inclined to do it because we want to. If my mom or dad is sick I'll ask them how they are feeling, make them food, take care of them and handle all the housework but my brothers won't be interested because they'll think fatima will do it. I think women usually enjoy taking care of people.
My point was some Somali parents enable their sons to be entitled. If both genders are told to do housework then entitlement disappears.

My sisters did all the work and I rarely helped out as I don't need to. I never felt guilty :ftw9nwa: watching shows under my warm bed sheets is amazing. They would occasionally clean my room too even though I didn't ask them :oh6b81q::ftw9nwa:

Fukin love being a man. We rule

Macalin M

Out here
My sisters did all the work and I rarely helped out as I don't need to. I never felt guilty :ftw9nwa: watching shows under my warm bed sheets is amazing. They would occasionally clean my room too even though I didn't ask them :oh6b81q::ftw9nwa:

Fukin love being a man. We rule
That sounds lit wlh. My older sisters moved out before I could remember and the sisters around my age don’t live with me lol.

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
This is common in all Somali households. I remember asking my mother when I used to live in my parent's house why do you make your daughters do more work than your sons? She told me she's teaching them how to be a wife when they get married and now that both of my older sisters are married. They understand why their mother made them do most of the house duties. They thank my mother for teaching them how to be wifey material and preparing their future. There's always a reason for everything.

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
@Factz
So the boys shouldn't learn how to be good husbands by helping out?

I'm just telling you what I've experienced with my family.

The husband is already helping out by working to provide and raising his kids right. However, if the wife works and is helping out with the rent and bills then I believe the husband should help the wife out with the chores but if the wife does not work and she stays at home. The husband should not lift a finger and leave the household duties to the wife.

Last edited:

Trending

Latest posts