Question for the Somali Politics crowd

Apollo

VIP
Are there any diaspora raised people involved in Somali politics?

Fobs who went to the West as teens or adults don't count.

Got family members in the PL government. They encourage me to move to Somalia. Which I will do In Sha Allah. But would rather start a business before joining the government/politics.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
No clue, but I think we are gonna start getting some "hoyo mataalo"
politicians soon :siilaanyolaugh:

Deceased mayor Yariisow (AUN) son has been offered a position by the FGS

He is a graduate from Queen Mary University London and was born and raised in the UK I believe

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
We need a diaspra-only ethnostate in Somalia. It will be like Singapore. :fittytousand:

I think Jubbaland is the best candidate, its already the most diverse state clan wise in the Union.

Not to mention the most beautiful :diddyass:

I think Jubbaland is the best candidate, its already the most diverse state clan wise in the Union.

Not to mention the most beautiful :diddyass:
I had Djibouti in mind, since it's peaceful & liberal and could potentially become extremely wealthy if good economic & education policies are implemented etc. Only down-sides are that @Timo Madow and proud's state is a brothel for foreign militaries & too much French & Arabic influence like in North-West Africa and West Africa.

Last edited:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP

Bro it's our generation I mean the one's born in the diaspora and Know the west and know Somalia who will be able to bring 'compatibility'. They can't handle these 3rd world nations who are still backwards in their thinking and don't know anything beyond what they learned in the 70s and it's 21st century now. They are waiting for us cause when we are 60 we will be the older generation and have young generation below us waiting for our guidance. But we can't do much now as the demographics are still not suitable as the oldies want to finish their time of charity and donations 'era' for 30 years more.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
I had Djibouti in mind, since it's peaceful & liberal and could potentially become extremely wealthy if good economic policies are implemented. Only down-side is that @Timo Madow and proud's state is a brothel for foreign militaries & too much French & Arabic influence like in North-West Africa and West Africa.

Djibouti is like a modern colony, they speak French even at home its kinda creepy. :jaynerd:

Djibouti is like a modern colony, they speak French even at home its kinda creepy. :jaynerd:
They should get rid off Arabic & French and make Somali the sole Official language. Somali should serve as the lingua franca between Somalis & Afars. In the mean-time, Afar language should be given "recognised" status.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
All our demographics are fine in PL. I saw the future 'shuuke' or poet class in Qardho recently, a 30 year old learning 'culture and dhaqan', fast forward to my time and generation to rule, he will the abwaan on my political stage. I seen the elders their fine but I haven't explored deeply. The ones that scare me the most is the 'clerical' ones who are backwards and why my war is on them, I know kuwasi lagama socon karo and the 30 year old islamist doesnt look promising when he is 60 and old generation class which will be our generation then in Somalia. He will become like dahir aways on us

Timo Jareer and proud

2nd Emir of the Akh Right Movement
They should get rid off Arabic & French and make Somali the sole Official language. Somali should serve as the lingua franca between Somalis & Afars. In the mean-time, Afar language should be given "recognised" status.
Arabic should be the only official language. I don't want another civil war in Djibouti, making Somali a official language may piss off the Afars again

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
We need a diaspra-only ethnostate in Somalia. It will be like Singapore. :fittytousand:

You think the diaspora are more civilized or productive?

Sxb just this website alone should let you know how bad of an idea this is lol.

Tukraq

VIP
Isn’t she from Minnesota
upload_2019-12-23_22-10-11.jpeg

Arabic should be the only official language. I don't want another civil war in Djibouti, making Somali a official language may piss off the Afars again
Well the Afars need to be disciplined & taught that we are their fellow kin, no need for Arabic & French.

We can give the Afar language "Recognised" status to keep them happy.