Question for SSpot

Correct 1

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
A is correct, anytime you have a consonant letter then you always follow it with an a

Whereas words beginning with a vowel should have an in front of them

Easiest way to remember is if a word starts with A, E, I, O, U then you add an, example "The boy had an apple"everything else in the alphabet is basically 'a' ie; "the boy had a lollipop"

A is correct, anytime you have a consonant letter then you always follow it with an a

Easiest way to remember is if a word starts with A, E, I, O, U then you add an, example "The boy had an apple"everything else in the alphabet is basically 'a' ie; "the boy had a lollipop"
The only exception is with the consonant 'h' which can sometimes be pronounced with a vowel in words like 'hour'.

One user believes A is not the correct answer:kodaksmiley:.

The only exception is with the consonant 'h' which can sometimes be pronounced with a vowel in words like 'hour'.

One user believes A is not the correct answer:kodaksmiley:.

Whops lmao looks like I've been saying an hour my entire life while writing a hour :mjlol:it really does help to say the word out loud

I would laugh at that user but I know nothing about english grammar either :kanyehmm: I once took a test solely based on grammar alone and I scored horrible on it lmao wtf is a conjuction??? :dwill: meanwhile I have an A in english gcse and a levels

Whops lmao looks like I've been saying an hour my entire life while writing a hour :mjlol:it really does help to say the word out loud

I would laugh at that user but I know nothing about english grammar either :kanyehmm: I once took a test solely based on grammar alone and I scored horrible on it lmao wtf is a conjuction??? :dwill: meanwhile I have an A in english gcse and a levels
:chrisfreshhah:

You come across words like that less if your first language is English I believe. Most outside learners of English come through all these words in textbooks, I think:manny:...

:chrisfreshhah:

You come across words like that less if your first language is English I believe. Most outside learners of English come through all these words in textbooks, I think:manny:...

But that's the problem... English wasn't my first language :browtf:

It's similar enough that I just converted all the grammatical terms in my native language and applied it to english :damedamn: never had to open a grammar book in my life

Reer UK Somali girls :banderas:

I guess you weren't influenced by Dancehall (Wagwan, Mi Name ah Juuuuuulius!!!) iyo Grime (Peng ting, paigon, skeng in my pocket) culture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts