Quebec government's proposed secularism law would ban public workers from wearing religious symbols

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m an advocate of secular law, but I don’t see how banning certain garments will help anyone. It’s a waste of time. There are other and better ways to promote the seperation of religion and law.

I’m an advocate of secular law, but I don’t see how banning certain garments will help anyone. It’s a waste of time. There are other and better ways to promote the seperation of religion and law.
full

Quebec government's proposed secularism law would ban public workers from wearing religious symbols.

Bill invokes notwithstanding clause to block any potential charter challenges.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/quebec-notwithstanding-religious-symbols-1.5073945

Bringing French bigotry to Canada. The rest of Canada is freer I suppose and people can move there or work for private companies that can not deny someone the right to practice their religion and dress as they see fit.

Despite America's troubled ignorance and racial issues, it is the best western country when it comes to religious rights.

An atheist and secular ruled countries have demonstrated to be the worst bigots.

Tukraq

VIP
Bringing French bigotry to Canada. The rest of Canada is freer I suppose and people can move there or work for private companies that can not deny someone the right to practice their religion and dress as they see fit.

Despite America's troubled ignorance and racial issues, it is the best western country when it comes to religious rights.

An atheist and secular ruled countries have demonstrated to be the worst bigots.
Yeah that’s because we have unalienable rights in the constitution, these other countries let the government get to big and just walk all over them

Yeah that’s because we have unalienable rights in the constitution, these other countries let the government get to big and just walk all over them

As long as people who take power do not turn on minorities and selectively apply religious freedom to society, America will remain better than many Muslim countries. Europeans generally are the worst bigots. This province of Canada suffers from french low self esteem. The world rejected the French as a meaningful language and they are usually treated as non-entity on the world stage. Their screams are desperate attempts to get some attention.

Picking on females and requiring them certain ways to dress as secular entity is laughable.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP

Of course you are. You forum name is the name of a greek Godess.

Kratos

Sonder

The United States is secular though

Tukraq

VIP
The United States is secular though
yes but it has unalienable freedoms which the government can't transgress one of them being the total freedom of speech which freedom of religion comes under, all other secular countries however don't have this and transgress on these rights

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Quebec government's proposed secularism law would ban public workers from wearing religious symbols.

Bill invokes notwithstanding clause to block any potential charter challenges.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/quebec-notwithstanding-religious-symbols-1.5073945

Well Quebec although part of Canada and the british common wealth, it really is a A french wanna be province. As we know, French govt prohibited Hijaab. This Quebec bill targets Muslims who wear Hijaab.
5560.jpg

How when these countries don’t have real freedoms like we do in our constitution and can be taken away:ayaanswag:
how do you have real freedom? check freedom index and you will be disappointed generally western Europe, Scandinavia, Australia and NZ perform very highly.

Tukraq

VIP
how do you have real freedom? check freedom index and you will be disappointed generally western Europe, Scandinavia, Australia and NZ perform very highly.
name the freedom lol, the government in the US literally has far less power on its citizens than in those countries:faysalwtf: those countries you mentioned don't even have freedom of speech and you can be jailed for words so what freedoms are you talking about:mahubowtf:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts