Putin introduces African languages courses to Russian schools

Internet Nomad

๐‘ฎ๐’๐’๐’† ๐’‡๐’๐’“ ๐’ˆ๐’“๐’†๐’†๐’๐’†๐’“ ๐’‘๐’‚๐’”๐’•๐’–๐’“๐’†๐’”
VIP
What is their goal?

seldiboy

Resident Eritrean | Ye's strongest soldier
Amharic is just a dirty bastardized creole of Ge'ez and various Agaw languages. Teaching classical Ge'ez at least has it's benefits in being able to interpret historical documents and the mutual intelligibility with Tigre and Tigrinya. Amharic is becoming more and more obsolete

Internet Nomad

๐‘ฎ๐’๐’๐’† ๐’‡๐’๐’“ ๐’ˆ๐’“๐’†๐’†๐’๐’†๐’“ ๐’‘๐’‚๐’”๐’•๐’–๐’“๐’†๐’”
VIP
I thought Ge'ez is a dead langauge same way latin is.
Amharic is just a dirty bastardized creole of Ge'ez and various Agaw languages. Teaching classical Ge'ez at least has it's benefits in being able to interpret historical documents and the mutual intelligibility with Tigre and Tigrinya. Amharic is becoming more and more obsolete

Internet Nomad

VIP
Dead but used in the same way Latin is. Only in the Church but there is a bubbling undercurrent to revive it
Thats nice to hear i hope it survives.

So true.
Amharic isnโ€™t a language itโ€™s a speech impediment

Emir of Zayla

๐•น๐–†๐–™๐–Ž๐–”๐–“ ๐–”๐–‹ ๐•ป๐–”๐–Š๐–™๐–˜
Itโ€™s like Jamaican creole but for Geโ€™ez

Why did they highlight Somalia when talking about swahili speaking countries?
I just saw that what the hell๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ are cadaan this dumb
Michael Jordan Lol GIF

Swahili will most likely become the language of the East African Federation, so it makes sense for Russia to learn to teach this language in some capacity.

Trending

Latest posts