Puntland Ulama

Status
Not open for further replies.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
What exactly do the Ulema do for Puntland? I have never seen them besides ramadan time giving out food to the needy, you will never see them implementing projects in the state such as water wells and stuff like that. They are very rich section, so what is the excuse? I only see them come when there is a 'disaster' like conflict, drought, etc. You will never see them engaging in development in the state at all.

The first time I saw them contribute something was for that el-dahir to bosaso road. War nimankasi dalka inay kula joggan way raban lakin inay waxqabtan ma raban, wax isqabanayo ma aha. If they want to enjoy living in Puntland they must contribute to the state.

Are they even pro Puntland I wonder sometimes, they are the most in-active section of the state and nobody has even questioned them on it.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I do not consider the political islam parties like al-itisam, alitihaad or whatever names they go under as genuine 'ulama', these are no different to politicians looking for power using 'islam' as an excuse. But I do believe deep down they are better at governance and less corrupt then other sections of politicians but their problem is they are at odds with the wider world, we can't live in a world with our own fantasies.

Foreign policy wise, if they ever get elected we will be cut from the world as they hold a view that we must use 'force and guns and money or whatever' to establish islam around the world, yaa shaqoyinkasi uu dirsaday waa yaab? wuxu raba inu gumaysi ku samayo dad aan ku soo xad-gudbin oo meel kale aduunka ku nool. Wa siyasad ku dhisan dandansi run ahanti.

They are shocking foreign policy wise and this is what hurts them from ever leading Puntland. If they just abadoned these islamic parties and just ran as a puntland nationalist party while keeping their faith PERSONAL, and abide by the constitution, I don't see a problem with them being president, in-fact they are far more honest and loyal in terms of not accepting corruption.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
There is one serious problem with islamic parties running the state. They are centralist and anti federalist and believe in islamic unity, which is also at odds with the federal constitution. They are also pro-qatar-turkey which are countries based on muslim brotherhood which they are chapter of in Somalia. You saw what happened to egyptian branch and morsi and the crisis in the world it caused.

The saudis and dubai would be very angry about that and hawiye will be happy since the islamic party strong hold is in mogadishu with qatar/turkey believing in this area of somalia and not the western/saudi/dubai backed regional governments. Saudi/dubai want no islamic party because it may cause their regimes to be toppled with locals uprising for it.

Should we just close the branches open in Bosaso and say go to mogadishu waryaa duli yahow, there is no way the qataris-turks will back us because they know our history against alitihaad wars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending