Puntland Taxation System

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
We hear constantly of PL taxation reform plan for years since Abdiweli this is has been said to be one of the main pillars of the government policy. What have they actually done in terms of our taxation system. They don't divulge who they tax, what rate they use, what method they apply, what technology or manual methods are carried out, the time period tax is collected.

If anyone knows please let me know about PL taxation method. Maybe @Reer-Bari can comment on this since he lives in Bosaso. I know we collect tax only from checkpoints around the state and the Bosaso port. I heard they collect taxes from businesses and small market traders and employees at Agencies in the state.

Do we have a universal employee tax regardless if their contractor, full time worker, part time worker, business owner. I want some answers on our income tax and how it's measured. We don't even have tax file numbers to track how much employees are being paid let alone how much they need to pay for tax. In Australia we use a taxation method based on 'income brackets' so if you earn 1-18k that's no tax. 18k-37k it's 20 cent in the dollar. 37k-80k it's 37 cents in the dollar. They keep increasing the taxation rate based on your income.

I am sick of people working our state and making money and giving nothing back to the government for the privilege. It's like they come to take our money but don't want to contribute to the state. How do we measure our tax on checkpoints, I suggest applying a tax on the type of vehicle, smaller cars cause less damage on the road, larger cars cause more damage on the roads and adjust the tax rate accordingly. At the port I think they tax based on the 'weight of cargo' but I think they have a list of individual items and it's tax rate also.

The area we need serious reform is INCOME TAX. We need to create the system and ensure all workers get a tax file number and businesses pay workers following the system. We should know rough estimates what each worker in each industry earns so if they report nonsense figures we can throw it back on their face.

We need to use some maths to figure out wat a company turns over in profit by estimating customer base, the price point for services or goods. We can estimate what that company earns monthly, quarterly, or yearly and accept nothing less from them when claiming their revenue for the year. I want to see some serious discussion around our taxation system because currently I don't even know what we are dealing with and am guessing.

Man your love of Puntland is eye opening!

I have been to Puntland more times than you by now, trust me when i say this Puntites don't want anything to do with PL secessionist (you are one don't lie)

There are some great professionals in Puntland who's ONLY concern with sending tax money to the central government is that xamar people will waste it with corruption or leading to a repeat of how weak Puntland was in 91'.

I have seen huge support for this government as they come across competent, one of my close business partners and friend even said they work like puntites !

people want PL administration to work more closely with them including sending rightful taxes so we can achieve staged 3-4 of the debt relief.

Debt relief for Somalia > borrow to do capital project > Puntland is well run so more capital to build Bosasso / Road through the mountains ect > better FOR PUNTLAND

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP
We hear constantly of PL taxation reform plan for years since Abdiweli this is has been said to be one of the main pillars of the government policy. What have they actually done in terms of our taxation system. They don't divulge who they tax, what rate they use, what method they apply, what technology or manual methods are carried out, the time period tax is collected.

If anyone knows please let me know about PL taxation method. Maybe @Reer-Bari can comment on this since he lives in Bosaso. I know we collect tax only from checkpoints around the state and the Bosaso port. I heard they collect taxes from businesses and small market traders and employees at Agencies in the state.

Do we have a universal employee tax regardless if their contractor, full time worker, part time worker, business owner. I want some answers on our income tax and how it's measured. We don't even have tax file numbers to track how much employees are being paid let alone how much they need to pay for tax. In Australia we use a taxation method based on 'income brackets' so if you earn 1-18k that's no tax. 18k-37k it's 20 cent in the dollar. 37k-80k it's 37 cents in the dollar. They keep increasing the taxation rate based on your income.

I am sick of people working our state and making money and giving nothing back to the government for the privilege. It's like they come to take our money but don't want to contribute to the state. How do we measure our tax on checkpoints, I suggest applying a tax on the type of vehicle, smaller cars cause less damage on the road, larger cars cause more damage on the roads and adjust the tax rate accordingly. At the port I think they tax based on the 'weight of cargo' but I think they have a list of individual items and it's tax rate also.

The area we need serious reform is INCOME TAX. We need to create the system and ensure all workers get a tax file number and businesses pay workers following the system. We should know rough estimates what each worker in each industry earns so if they report nonsense figures we can throw it back on their face.

We need to use some maths to figure out wat a company turns over in profit by estimating customer base, the price point for services or goods. We can estimate what that company earns monthly, quarterly, or yearly and accept nothing less from them when claiming their revenue for the year. I want to see some serious discussion around our taxation system because currently I don't even know what we are dealing with and am guessing.
Honesty Im surprise that you dont keep up with PL news lool. Every time they talking about the tax system on the PL Tv ,and already they finish lecturing businessman's on Nugaal soon they will start on Bari with gargaafoo. Then Mudug,Sanaag,Sool last cayn.

Man your love of Puntland is eye opening!

I have been to Puntland more times than you by now, trust me when i say this Puntites don't want anything to do with PL secessionist (you are one don't lie)

There are some great professionals in Puntland who's ONLY concern with sending tax money to the central government is that xamar people will waste it with corruption or leading to a repeat of how weak Puntland was in 91'.

I have seen huge support for this government as they come across competent, one of my close business partners and friend even said they work like puntites !

people want PL administration to work more closely with them including sending rightful taxes so we can achieve staged 3-4 of the debt relief.

Debt relief for Somalia > borrow to do capital project > Puntland is well run so more capital to build Bosasso / Road through the mountains ect > better FOR PUNTLAND
Why are you so obsessed with PL lol? puntites will put PL first before anything those days of foolisgly following Xamar are over most puntites are united besides few that still long for the days they used to chill in the south. Forget the majority that are pro federalism puntites that follow the PL constitution a lot more are growing anti Somalia because of actions like Farmaajo and Kheyre being against Garacad.

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
Why are you so obsessed with PL lol? puntites will put PL first before anything those days of foolisgly following Xamar are over most puntites are united besides few that still long for the days they used to chill in the south. Forget the majority that are pro federalism puntites that follow the PL constitution a lot more are growing anti Somalia because of actions like Farmaajo and Kheyre being against Garacad.
Right!!

I've never seen or heard one Puntite who would not put Puntland first, every Puntite I talk to whether they're local or diaspora always always talk about how we can move forward with making Puntland a country, I don't know why these non-puntites are lying for and why would we even talk to shiisheye about Puntland. We all know they're lying when they say they've been to Puntland. Smh

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@FBIsomalia I saw this video on youtube but I neve clicked it. I thought it was one of those training programs of workers again. But it's good they are starting to implement a tax identification number for employees. But we also need one for self employed people because PL tends to have more self employed traders and trades people then it has company employees. The big bulk our taxation should come from self employed contractor types who run their own small business but have no employees except themselves. They need to be watched carefully the products or services they are doing in PL.

We need also good estimation models on the products and stock in each business, they need to report their stock to us. Once we have a list of their stock we can work out what the value of the product is in PL and how much sale tax we collect from them. We need a receipt system for this to work. We can use the data we collect at the port and checkpoints to see what type of items is coming to PL and begin the valuation process of each item and the tax component. We can ask them where is the item being sent to Bosaso-Galkacyo-Qardho-Garowe-Burtinle. Once we have a list of how many items is being sent to each city a month, we can easily work out the tax component on each item and how much we expect from that town or city.

Trending

Latest posts