Puntland Stock Market

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Listen to that video, even though it is speaking about key area 'bank lending' which is a critical subject in Somalia and Puntland as a whole. When you have 70% of your population being youth, this means they do not have 'cash' sitting around to start something, they need access to a loan to begin a business or an idea. Thru this it can lead to employment opportunities and reduce poverty. It can lead to stimulate other sectors of the market as knock-on effect of higher productivity.

For example if I start a massage parlour in Puntland. I can hire 4 local workers, Bring a thai teacher to teach them the techniques of massage.I become a new customer for electricity provider so he gets new customer, for every new customer he will need more workers to expand his energy infrastructure as more people are beginning to use the electricity.

I provide the property market a new 'rental customers' who will pay $500 a month for the building in order to carry out my massage parlour. The port activity gets higher as I dock down my massage parlour equipments so they need more workers. This can lead to knock on effect where the property owner then spends again locally in the market creating more demand, the extra workers at the electricity company and port become new customers in the market place ma garatay?

The one thing we need to discuss in PL is 'stock markets'. I hope this is mentioned in this forum or at least another forum. I want to be investor but I need to know what companies are looking for share holders, they need to publically advertise to the people in a common stock market all different sizes of companies from large, medium, and small, the selling rate of stock, the profitability of the company are important metrics investors need to know.

All you need to do is hire one building, list all the companies who are open for shares, and record they're daily profit margin and convert this to a point system that we the investor can understand. Right now we have no formal place for trading in stocks, I want to trade in stocks in PL. I want to be able to review each company performance in PL, there is absolutely no data provided because we lack stock exchanges. How do you expect people to trust our businesses if we are not transparent about profitability.

I want to know what is the best business in PL with highest growth so I can add capital towards. They need this money also so they can continue on they're expansion as a business. What do u guys say about a Puntland stock market?

Last edited:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I bet you @SirLancelLord and @RasCanjero is coming in this topic. He loves business and economic discussions. We need a formal place called stock market where businesses that are share based come together and tell us how much a share costs and what the return is if I invest. This quite important, are all businesses in PL owned by single person, surely they're is a number of businesses which are share based and open for more shareholders to expand the business.

Last edited: