Puntland Pirates episode on Law and Order

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arma

GRAND Wizard of MJ SIXIIR
VIP
Anybody ever seen this episode of Criminal Intent, which has a plot about Somali pirates and a family from Puntland?

Part 1

Part 2

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
This guy is playing Sayid Maxamed Xasan's grandson :pachah1:

DsVswhT_d.jpg

When are they going to start hiring Somalis for Somali roles? This is getting ridiculous :siilaanyolaugh:

VixR

Veritas
In the Good Wife, which is about a successful lawyer and wife of a governor who goes back into the workforce at a Chicago law firm; her son has very African American looking Somali hs girlfriend who's father used to be an ambassador in Somalia ...she gets pregnant and her parents don't want the child so he mets them and his soon-to-be exgf at an abortion clinic to terminate the pregnancy before they both head off to college, it's later brought up as oppo research when she later runs for office.

latest

tumblr_nddo86ZIrJ1qaaufmo7_250.gif

:dead:

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
In the Good Wife, which is about a successful lawyer and wife of a governor who goes back into the workforce at a Chicago law firm; her son has very African American looking Somali hs girlfriend who's father used to be an ambassador in Somalya ...she gets pregnant and her parents don't want the child so he mets them and his soon-to-be exgf at an abortion clinic to terminate the pregnancy before they both head off to college, it's later brought up as oppo research when she later runs for office.
tumblr_nddo86ZIrJ1qaaufmo7_250.gif

:dead:
It's just lazy casting, Hollywood is assuming people don't know the difference. It's like having a bunch of Italians playing Swedish characters lol. To them all blacks look the same i guess :zhqjlmx:

It's just lazy casting, Hollywood is assuming people don't know the difference. It's like having a bunch of Italians playing Swedish characters lol. To them all blacks look the same i guess :zhqjlmx:
tbh, i dont think alot of somali girls would even want to get that role. even if they did, convincing their family to let them play a role depicting several haram things wouldn't be possible.

Yonis

Puntland Youth Organiser
FKD Visionary
VIP
This guy is playing Sayid Maxamed Xasan's grandson :pachah1:

DsVswhT_d.jpg

When are they going to start hiring Somalis for Somali roles? This is getting ridiculous :siilaanyolaugh:
I remember in one of the documentaries on Sayyid Abdallah Hassan they depicted a bantu man. Even in Black Hawk Down most of the actors were bantu or african americans :francis:

We need more faraaxs in the industry

I remember watching that one episode of South Park that had Somali pirates in it and the people were speaking Somali :ooh:good job South Park

Nightline Kid

Hippo Crate
tbh, i dont think alot of somali girls would even want to get that role. even if they did, convincing their family to let them play a role depicting several haram things wouldn't be possible.
It's pretty much impossible to get an actual Muslim female to play a Muslim female character. Something as simple as combing your hair or getting dressed can't be shown on film.

MadNomad

As i live and breathe

Fair point. Then they should've hired an east african actor at the very least :manny:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending