Puntland Needs To Migrate To Indusrialized Economy

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
We as Puntites need to sit down in the diaspora and start a development fund for Puntland. This must not include my tuulo vs your tuulo garbage we must think about the whole region as a whole and how to escape this western trap of foreign aid. Industrialized economy only give out 2% of their budget to foreign aid and that 2% has to be shared with the rest of the developing world and that is the reason why it's referred to as a 'trap', there is no way you will become an industralized nation by relying on such meagre financial resources. As Puntites we are seen as the revolutionaries(SSDF) to wake up Somalia about Siyad Barre or we are seen as the 'rebuilding model' that all states will need to follow.

We are basically the last hope in Somalia and it's time we realize the important role we play and make sure it doesn't go to waste.

The development plan that we need to create is firstly how do we envision Puntland to be in 30 years time as a 'future state'. Are we going to be stuck in this quasi early-developmental and humanitarian stage and stuck with dealing with delivering water wells and creating health clinics to fight against preventable diseases or are we going to move forward to create an economy that is self sufficient where our government can rely on our own labour pool and production(business people).

Let's begin to identify the economic tasks that can be done locally. These sorts of operations need to be funded by our local business community. We need to increase
our industrial foot-print to service local or foreign markets.

We need to end this 'trucking' madness that we do in Africa and begin investment into parts manufacturer for vehicles, planes, agricultural machinery, roads, across Puntland and Somalia and in general the wider region. We must fight hard to secure investors local and foreign to these mass employment programs.

We need to ensure our government prepares our students immediately after high schools if they will join the technical labor pool or professional labor pool, we must ensure they are healthy and not dying to early from preventable diseases thru mass vaccination programs, we must ensure our labour pool is equipped well at primary/secondary schooling before we begin a path-way for them into industries, hospitality, and retail.

I have always argued we need banking in Puntland as the financial engine to fund new start ups, create a mortgage sector thru borrowing and lending. We must set a dream for our young people to pursue home ownership and if their employed give them access to banking loans. Our government needs to subsidize land plots and create large apartments or subsidized estates for this new generation of puntites who are the labour pool of the state so owning a home is affordable to their income. An income means tested puntite should be able to afford his own home or apartment.

We should target creating factories and manufacturers around housing parts, furnitures, spare parts for vehicles, planes, agriculture machinery. This will hire thousands of puntites and create an income for them to then further stimulate the economy thru market spending on foods, clothes, entertainment, vehicle, and house purchasing. For every puntite we turn into an income earner in the private market this will create a response from the market to increase their production in food, clothes, entertainment, vehicles, and homes. Our banking arm will grow with new customers seeking loans to buy vehicles-homes-or even business people with ideas will be able to create the new start ups we need to create further employment.

What other ideas do puntites have? Maybe we should create a zoom connection with local puntites and begin a diaspora vision for the state and we contribute our funds and expertise to see a Puntland that is thriving thru industralization and creating more products and becoming self sufficient.

I dedicate this thread thru an inspiration given to me by Mudug governor who said dadka mad-madow create no product and rely on foreign aid to survive. No product means no economy and means no-way out of poverty.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I want puntites active in this thread, this is our future. When I look at the global market, I never see an african product as the governor of mudug said, wax product ay lee yihin ma jirto wa runtisa, lakin he provided no way out of this detrimental situation facing this dark continent. @Yusuf M GET IN HERE and let's discuss how we can make Puntland a land full of products and industries

Last edited:

Yusuf M

PuntExit
I want puntites active in this thread, this is our future. When I look at the global market, I never see an african product as the governor of mudug said, wax product ay lee yihin ma jirto wa runtisa, lakin he provided no way out of this detrimental situation facing this dark continent. @Yusuf M GET IN HERE and let's discuss how we can make Puntland a land full of products and industries
@DR OSMAN, I think skilled motivated laborers, good government regulations, less corruption, and transport infrastructures for the flow of goods and services would tremendously improve our economy and living standards. Of course, that's easier said than done. Especially in a place like Somalia.

Yusuf M

PuntExit
I'd like to see skilled laborers in the field of carpentry, electrician, plumbing, metal work, welding, masonry, etc. Because these are the backbone of economies.

Last edited:

Yusuf M

PuntExit
I also would love to see our government fund a program to train people to become proficient in the fields of Computer Networking, Cyber Security, web development, and computer programming.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I'd like to see skilled laborers in the field of carpentry, electrician, plumbing, metal work, welding, masonry, etc. Because these are the backbone of economies.

That's why I am suprised we are not capping our profesional sector such as IT-finance-accounting-HR and all these office based job rely on a technical sector. You won't see IT or accountant jobs if there isn't a company producing a product or delivering a service(electrician, plumber, metals, masonry'. In order to have professional industry, you need the technical industry to be present not the other way around. I urge we start looking at capping those students all looking for professional jobs and tell them the only way a professional job is developed is if you first have technical trades sector in the economy. Good ideas @Yusuf M

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@Yusuf M I wud cream my pants if this was opened in Puntland. Thanks to Paul Kagame vision of Rwanda being a science n technical hub, their scoring major investors to create assembly plants of vehicles.

Imagine the GDP add of such a industry, each car is like 20k in market value, imagine they sourced a market like a country and producing 10,000 of these vehicles a year. This real head turning GDP game changer investsment. Why don't we ever get game changing GDP investments in Puntland.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@Yusuf M What sort of timeframe do u envision before we reach the following targets

1. Infrastructure targets on road, sea port, airport sufficiency to ensure we have a transport corridor
2. Health targets to ensure mass vaccination to end preventable diseases
3. Education. We are doing ok here in terms of primary/secondary schooling. But wat about technical trade schools, academies, university capacity injections
4. Banking sector to provide the financial backbone to start ups, future home-owners or vehicles purchases.
5. Water and Food Security.

We need the above in place before we can start bringing in investors to target mass employment investments and increase puntland industries.

Yusuf M

PuntExit
@Yusuf M I wud cream my pants if this was opened in Puntland. Thanks to Paul Kagame vision of Rwanda being a science n technical hub, their scoring major investors to create assembly plants of vehicles.

Imagine the GDP add of such a industry, each car is like 20k in market value, imagine they sourced a market like a country and producing 10,000 of these vehicles a year. This real head turning GDP game changer investsment. Why don't we ever get game changing GDP investments in Puntland.
Would be nice if we had assembly lines, steel Mills/foundry, Cement factories, Oil refinery plant, and water treatment plants.

Yusuf M

PuntExit
@Yusuf M What sort of timeframe do u envision before we reach the following targets

1. Infrastructure targets on road, sea port, airport sufficiency to ensure we have a transport corridor
2. Health targets to ensure mass vaccination to end preventable diseases
3. Education. We are doing ok here in terms of primary/secondary schooling. But wat about technical trade schools, academies, university capacity injections
4. Banking sector to provide the financial backbone to start ups, future home-owners or vehicles purchases.
5. Water and Food Security.

We need the above in place before we can start bringing in investors to target mass employment investments and increase puntland industries.
Hard to tell. All of those things require good leadership and available funds. But if the conditions are good, I'd guess 15-20 years. What do you think?

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@Yusuf M look how we lead in Puntland. Birta Dheer which is a bah dubays village in Nugaal and Sool border. We destroyed the 'barkad' laga dhisay dhul daaqsimeed oo reer sheeganayo. We always sacrifice our land to ensure inay umada dhan uu dhaxayso.

This is my land. We will never tolerate any land be clannized. Some clans think their clever and can install a barkad or well without government approval.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Hard to tell. All of those things require good leadership and available funds. But if the conditions are good, I'd guess 15-20 years. What do you think?

I think around 30-50 years especially when u take into consideration the political instability in the south oo meel laysku halayn karo ma aha and for some idiotic reason we are tied to them for whatever reason I don't know waiting on the sideline for some sort miracle in the south. It reminds me of the 91-98 period where we just sat there and attended bogus national conferences with no real partner because they were busy in bililiqo. Now we wasted since 2009-2021 doing the same thng, sitting there on the sideline arguing with dawlad diids about federations.

Some smart puntite would've included in the somali constitution that Puntland is independent and recognized by SFG and the world for 99 years under a 'two system one nation' framework like hong kong has with china. We shouldn't be discussing federation matters for 99 years should've been a big clause apart of the constitution, this would give us our unique access to tap into world financial banks.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@Yusuf M remember when we waited from 91-98 attending bogus national conferences with hawiye who kept stalling and making each conference collapse because they were busy with bililiqo of the south. Well I see that we are doing the same thing since 2009 when abdillahi yusuf resigned till now 2021, we are wasting 11 years in is-gabgabsi, federation debates, and all of this with a partner who isn't serious about governance.

If we told them two systems one nation framework, we could be meeting with world leaders, taping into international financal institutions, and we could just tell the south, screw you cunts, if u want to sit in your dust bowl, it's up to you but puntland is on the move.

Yusuf M

PuntExit
I think around 30-50 years especially when u take into consideration the political instability in the south oo meel laysku halayn karo ma aha and for some idiotic reason we are tied to them for whatever reason I don't know waiting on the sideline for some sort miracle in the south. It reminds me of the 91-98 period where we just sat there and attended bogus national conferences with no real partner because they were busy in bililiqo. Now we wasted since 2009-2021 doing the same thng, sitting there on the sideline arguing with dawlad diids about federations.

Some smart puntite would've included in the somali constitution that Puntland is independent and recognized by SFG and the world for 99 years under a 'two system one nation' framework like hong kong has with china. We shouldn't be discussing federation matters for 99 years should've been a big clause apart of the constitution, this would give us our unique access to tap into world financial banks.
Puntland moving forward while tied to Somalia is like someone trying to Sprint with an anchor chained to your leg.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Puntland moving forward while tied to Somalia is like someone trying to Sprint with an anchor chained to your leg.

That's very true, we are joined by the hip to these southies who are not interested in having a proper functioning state, they just want to stall us with bogus debates on federalism when there real intention is to keep their black market rackets going.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Diaspora somalis are mostly taxi drivers, my advice is to push for Oil so you can fund an industrialized country.

There is OPEC production caps on oil so it doesn't destabilize the globe by making oil to cheap or expensive and they know what yearly output they need each year for global consumption. What country is going to reduce their oil production to allow Somalia to produce the net difference. I swear I love you @codewebsduh and your articles but some-times your being childish.

We can build our own country if we come together as locals-diaspora-business community, once we determined the cost involved and the needed infrastructure, we can then expand out by inviting foreign stakeholders. I mean the Garacad port is $180 million project and there isn't even single foreigner involved, if we can build a port, there is no excuse we can't build our own industries.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@Yusuf M we could speed ahead with economic recovery by banning IDP'S in puntland, they will remove PL of the humanitarian assistance stage since the locals is above that in Puntland and we would be in the reconstruction and development stage.

Get rid of them oh please, the longer we r tied with these people the longer we anguish. They are stalling all our economic recovery as the international community point to these IDPS being priority before development. Pack em up, send them back to bakool

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
My plan is to master plan each luuq n street in Puntland cities with this master plan

EV5N63jXgAEjhxi

Trending