Puntland mountain ranges

Yahya

2020 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Why are the Puntland mountains so beautiful and mystical? I want to travel there soon inshallah for the winter break but i'm worried about the isis and shabaab threat which is such a shame. Locals can you share some pictures, are the ranges good for hiking/ cycling. How are the roads because I want to cycle if possible. Also would the locals be okay with it if I planted some beautiful trees like I did in erigaabo?

Really looking forward to visiting there inshallah. The Puntland coast looks even more impressive. The locals need to invest in more tree planting and water storage and capture methods, since i notice there used to be many tributaries that contribute to the nugaal river region from puntland. Together we could make our northern river permanent and build dams on it, thus making us independent from ethiopia lest they dam our two rivers down south.
1632922312401.png

1632922053840.png

Yahya

2020 GRANDMASTER
VIP
@Yahya

You would be welcomed there, there are organisations that work on tree planting initiatives.
We must plant more, since trees encourage more evapotranspiration and the recycling of rain water that would otherwise evaporate or drain into the ocean. We can also revive the somaliland and puntland tributaries ensuring that we have a permanent river in the north that ethiopia cannot dam.

The north of somalia has great soil and could be greater utilised for farming after which our exports would increase tremendously.

Also, if you want to go there for holiday, there are companies like @dhulmartourism that can take you wherever you want to go.

search dhulmartourism- on twitter and instagram.

They have pictures of the far north region, such as Caluula etc. They even take Cadaan tourists around. If you are from Somaliland, on youtube, you will find Somaliland vloggers travelling around Puntland, so don't worry about safety or being treated differently, locals are very friendly.

We must plant more, since trees encourage more evapotranspiration and the recycling of rain water that would otherwise evaporate or drain into the ocean. We can also revive the somaliland and puntland tributaries ensuring that we have a permanent river in the north that ethiopia cannot dam.

The north of somalia has great soil and could be greater utilised for farming after which our exports would increase tremendously.

There is a project in Puntland with the aim to plant 13 million trees, which apparently costs around 250,000 dollars.

How can these tributaries be created?

Yahya

2020 GRANDMASTER
VIP
There is a project in Puntland with the aim to plant 13 million trees, which apparently costs around 250,000 dollars.

How can these tributaries be created?
By employing the natural methods indian farmers have been using for decades. We need to create more sand dams and plant millions of trees in the mountains and along the river from the sheikh mountains to eyl. The trees slow down the evaporation of water and the flow of rivers and help to recycle the rain water so that rainfall occurs more frequently.

Yahya

2020 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Bari Is Very Much Unexplored We Must Change That
:westbrookswag::westbrookswag:
Man i've been playing microsoft flight simulator 2020 and the views are beautiful in 4k. It inspired me to get off my backside and explore my homeland when i get time off work and studies.

Also plant a beautiful tree where ever you go as a landmark. Imagine your descendants seeing that fully grown tree and sitting under it's shade thanking you for it.
:banderas: :yousmart:

Not Many People Lived In Puntland From The 20s To The 90s I Think The Biggest Necropolis In All Of The Horn Lies In Xaafuun
discover bbc GIF by britbox

Yahya

2020 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Not Many People Lived In Puntland From The 20s To The 90s I Think The Biggest Necropolis In All Of The Horn Lies In Xaafuun
discover bbc GIF by britbox
Don't forget scuba diving. Many ancient town remains were swallowed up by the sea over time.

1632928345534.png

Apollo

VIP
Roads to these areas are very bad.

Puntland funnily has a similar settlement pattern Canada, vast majority live close to the former British Somaliland border because the main road goes through there. PS. Not saying Somaliland is a legitimate country, just noticing a pattern.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
Don't forget scuba diving. Many ancient town remains were swallowed up by the sea over time.

View attachment 202224

Definitely there are some old artifacts of the past, some of those mountain ranges you posted are in Qandala which was an old port city with Forts.

Ejt3attWoAA_cvx

Dccq_BVXkAAYA4Q

It should be a major Somalia Tourist hub in the future along with the rest of the Northern coast

EPO5HyLXkAIfSgC

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Why are the Puntland mountains so beautiful and mystical? I want to travel there soon inshallah for the winter break but i'm worried about the isis and shabaab threat which is such a shame. Locals can you share some pictures, are the ranges good for hiking/ cycling. How are the roads because I want to cycle if possible. Also would the locals be okay with it if I planted some beautiful trees like I did in erigaabo?

Really looking forward to visiting there inshallah. The Puntland coast looks even more impressive. The locals need to invest in more tree planting and water storage and capture methods, since i notice there used to be many tributaries that contribute to the nugaal river region from puntland. Together we could make our northern river permanent and build dams on it, thus making us independent from ethiopia lest they dam our two rivers down south.
View attachment 202216
View attachment 202214

Go to other mountains. U r not going to be a Somali patriot for climbing a Somali mountain. Yes Isis will kill your fuuto, get real huuno

Trending

Latest posts