Puntland loses federal representation of disputed regions

PUNTLAND TO LOSE FEDERAL REPRESENTATION OF DISPUTED TERRITORIES

MOGADISHU ( PPM) – Puntland State of Somalia will lose the privilege to federally represent constituencies in disputed territories of the ex-British Somaliland.

A seventeen-member Provisional Committee tasked with completing the electoral law and appointed by the Upper and Lower Houses has a mandate “to prepare the electoral law for members of the Upper House an d Lower House from Northern Regions (Somaliland)”.

b3.jpg

Puntland will not federally represent disputed territories
If the new law becomes a basis for the planned 2021 elections in Somalila, Puntland State will have the privilege to send to the two Houses only members who hail from territories in the ex-Italian Somaliland.

The use of the word “Somaliland” in the electoral law indicates the policy of the Federal Government to pave the way for South-North talks. At a recent question and answer session in Mogadishu the Federal Minister of Planning Jamal Mohamed Hassan argued that Puntland State and Somaliland Administration “do not send aid earmarked for constituencies in disputed territories to people in those territories“.

“The goal is to isolate Puntland if it boycotts the electoral law” says Awad Yusuf, a history lecturer in Mogadishu. “Northern Somalia is a phrase that politically keeps Puntland in the South geographically and politically, and cuts it off from regions it federally represents now. Some of the regions are under Somaliland control.”

The 2016 electoral agreement that gave Puntland State the privilege to federally represent constituencies in disputed territories no longer applies because the new electoral law was passed in December without the input of Federal Member States.

© Puntland Post Monthly , 2020

https://puntlandpost.net/2020/03/01/puntland-to-lose-federal-representation-of-disputed-territories/

Bohol

VIP
This could be true for Sool community (since most of them don't consider themselves Puntlanders) but not Badhan community.

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
There's a major a reason why Puntland is reviewing its membership in Federal institutions. Hatred driven policies of this adminstration towards Puntland will be the end of this nation.

The constitution says only 2 regions or more can unite to form a federal state. No half regions or quarter regions or places where you clan lives.

Anyone who is against this is against federalism.

Karim

HALYEEY
VIP
The constitution says only 2 regions or more can unite to form a federal state. No half regions or quarter regions or places where you clan lives.

Anyone who is against this is against federalism.
True. I agree with you Galmudug shouldn't exist.

True. I agree with you Galmudug shouldn't exist.

All of the region that is currently occupied by Puntland is actually Galmudugs.

This is what federalism was decided upon, 2 or more regions forming to be a federal state. Everyone minister and MP and politician decided upon this.

Anyone who is against it is against federalism.

:mjpls::mjpls:

This is what federalism was decided upon, 2 or more regions forming to be a federal state. Everyone minister and MP and politician decided upon this.

You are a proper Mooriyaan with indo adheeyg.

So what is Galnusmudug?

Seriously waryaa kenyatiyow, lately you have been riding on our HG d1ck 24Hours, forgodsake hop off our d1cks and go look for some caano booro for you gaajo starved kenyati/ethiopian ogadens.

You Ogadens folks are foreigners that shouldnt even be here on the Somali Forums talking about Somali Affairs.

kkkkk

I'm against federalism so it doesn't concern me but aren't you Buntlanders proponents of federalism.

How do you explain going against the very federalism you promote?
Which is creating Galnusmudug unconstitutionally and trying to steal the other remaining mudug by the barrel of the gun?

Seriously waryaa kenyatiyow, lately you have been riding on our HG d1ck, forgodsake hop off our d1cks and go look for some caano booro for you gaajo starved kenyati/ethiopian ogadens.

You folks are foreiegners that shouldnt even be here on the Somali Forums talking about Somali Affairs.
Lex my Garac off spring dont think we forgot about how HG tried to destroy JL by siding with MX in 2013-2016.
You also provided iljex footsoilders to help huraale and used VOA and BBC(beenta buufinta Ceyr).

We are not even yet even though Iley Sent alot of your Ceyr relatives to Akhiro.

Which is creating Galnusmudug unconstitutionally and trying to steal the other remaining mudug by the barrel of the gun?

Galmudug is constitutional, it meets the requirements of a federal state. The area Buntland claims does not.

Bear in mind this is a constitution Buntland accepts and follows and constantly complains when the FG doesn't.

Either you accept federalism and that all of Mudug is Galmudug or you reject federalism and say it's still part of Buntland.

Karim

HALYEEY
VIP

North Mudug have been part of 2 decades old region.
GalNus was established recently and Puntland preexisted that gobol and had claim over the territory. It's unconstitutional for GalNus to exist as it didn't meet the required criteria to qualify as a State.

Lex my Garac off spring dont think we forgot about how HG tried to destroy JL by siding with MX in 2013-2016.
You also provided iljex footsoilders to help huraale and used VOA and BBC(beenta buufinta Ceyr).

We are not even yet even though Iley Sent alot of your Ceyr relatives to Akhiro.

Stop begging us doqonyahow, the only garac here is you focking Madow inbred, go suck on those KDF boys abusing your folks in Kenya.

Folks like you should be chained and deported back to Kenya, and whichever qaxooti ogadens stays behind should be jailed in the Jail Ogadens.

Galmudug is constitutional, it meets the requirements of a federal state. The area Buntland claims does not.

Bear in mind this is a constitution Buntland accepts and follows and constantly complains when the FG doesn't.

Either you accept federalism and that all of Mudug is Galmudug or you reject federalism and say it's still part of Buntland.
No it never met any constituitonal requirements it was forced through by Xassan sheikh then he tried helping you to get mudug but you were smoked by PL army.

Galnusmudug is one and a half provinces. Your headquater is in Galgaduud. Not even Mudug.

Trending