Puntland Land Management Dream

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I Hope Deni or who-ever wins in Puntland in Jan 8 2024 includes a Land Management Program. An Urban Plan For all existing towns and future towns. They are doing minimal land management to a few towns only. A-lot of the towns developed when the govt fell and they went all HG, just building where-ever and we didn't really have a strong govt untill Farole Came. Plus a-lot of the educated fled to Hamar to go to Diaspora and only returned around Farole time.

Now the diaspora is more active then those scary times even tho not at the level it should be at but it's better then pre-farole levels. It's time we advice the government to develop the following urban plans.

1. District A. Industrial Zone, Residential Zone, Market Zone, Govt Zone, Education Zone-Public Park
2. District B. Residential Zone-Market Zone-Govt Zone-Education Zone-Public Park
3. District C. Residential Zone

We must then invite Investors to compete through an open tender to the government on equipping new or existing town with Clean Water, Electricity, Telecoms, Sewage, Drainage, Roads, Street Lights, Trees, Sidewalks. Some can be done through Thru Govt-Private Partnership or Fully private. Lots of Puntites are interested in infrastructure Investments becuz they are solid earners since you own a whole market not just small 'segment'.

Plus the Puntland Central Bank can start selling 'infrastructure bonds' like Garacad Port did to the Diaspora and I would love to own some and im sure many puntites would also.

PL govt has slowly begun land management especially in 'valley' areas to protect pasture land, we must identify and expand this further to protect more valleys across the region. We need to also identify all 'soils' across PL through testing to see if it can be farmed and immediately 'zone' that area as apart of our food productivity zone and invite investors to look at bread-basket zone and buy it's plot to help Puntland reach it's food security target. Once we reach food security, close of investment, we don't want our people time/effort going into this industry with low returns.

Last edited:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I wish to come to PL and see District A-B-C all have their urban plans and development future laid out 4 them with their local government. I want to see all the infrastructure needed done in the urban plan first to ensure it follows good development rules.

I wish to see farm lands identified and zoned for investors to inspect and develop same with pasture lands(which we are slowly doing now). We must also be strong about our 'drainage' policy, especially in urban and farm lands, becuz it can ruin the town or farms.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I'd love to bring my HAG family to PL so they can see thru their own 'eyes' all the nidaam for even our 'land' not just people.

Dr Osman would be like this saying PL is the future

the shining smile GIF

Trending