VIP
Some interesting stuff from this :lolbron: @Manafesto @FBIsomalia
C678C40D-90BA-4D7F-BA07-980A18C0348C.jpeg

Manafesto

[[Puntland Republic 🇸🇱]]PIM[[C.S(BihinYusuf)]
VIP
HalimoEnthusiast
#
Somaliland region is on the same boat, the state is suffering the worst humanitarian famine as I type this,I argue #Somalilanders to focus holding their corrupt and incompetent leaders liable for widespread #corruption of the IC money, inflation and Gov's abuse of minority clans. h

300% inflation. Shocking to hear.

8% in Somalia proper so I’m wondering if the Somaliland Shilling has collapsed. Only explanation. Xamar’s economy is dollarised so will be less affected by inflation

View attachment 227350

IMF report out yesterday shows 8.5% inflation in Somalia this year which is set to drop to 3.6% next year.

Unfortunately I expect to see a lot more SL refugees in Xamar. I worry for the future of that region as it continues to isolate itself from the FGS and the brain drain continues.

Manafesto

[[Puntland Republic 🇸🇱]]PIM[[C.S(BihinYusuf)]
VIP
HalimoEnthusiast

Your source is last week's oil and gas ship that failed to find a enough space to get unloaded and Bossaso port crew hate to unload other boats that were ahead of this ship.

Anyway,it took like a week for this to happen and it slightly increased the cost of fuel, the ship was unloaded three days and the prices of fuel and oil is back at normal prices.

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
Bari has lower prices than Woqoyie Galbeed.
Prices in Bari are about 4% lower than in Woqoyie Galbeed.

Which is funny because Berbera port is 7 times Bosaso port's size and has gantry cranes.
What makes it even more funny is that Woqoyie Galbeed has paved road access to the Ethiopian market for food. This is what happens when your entire economy is controlled by 7 individual traders.

bidenkulaha

GalYare

Which is funny because Berbera port is 7 times Bosaso port's size and has gantry cranes.
What makes it even more funny is that Woqoyie Galbeed has paved road access to the Ethiopian market for food. This is what happens when your entire economy is controlled by 7 individual traders.
You seem to be knowledgable. Which region in the country is the cheapest?

Thegoodshepherd

VIP

bidenkulaha

GalYare
Region with cheapest food: Lower Shabelle

Region with cheapest non-food items: Middle Juba

Region with cheapest food+non-food: Middle Juba

I don't know how seriously to take Middle Juba prices, but it is probably correct. They probably surveyed people who had recently travelled there.

https://www.somalispot.com/threads/...-to-live-in-somalia-maps.133256/#post-3318070
I’m assuming Banadir has similar prices to LS? They share the same port and transport would cost the same.

Edit: okay the graph is helpful but the regions are far too large. Hard to see what’s affecting Banadir non-food prices making it a lot more expensive than LS.

Thegoodshepherd

VIP
I’m assuming Banadir has similar prices to LS? They share the same port and transport would cost the same.

Edit: okay the graph is helpful but the regions are far too large. Hard to see what’s affecting Banadir non-food prices making it a lot more expensive than LS.

Firewood (xaabo) is probably cheaper in LS, it is possible that a tank of water is cheaper in LS.
Stores in LS are probably not as heavily taxed as in Banadir.
Banadir may have trade cartels where merchants agree not to undercut each other.
There are probably many reasons.

Non Food items are surprisingly not strongly linked to whether or not a region has a port.

Bari has higher prices than Mudug
Banadir has higher prices than Hiiraan
Woqoyie Galbeed has higher prices than Awdal
Lower Juba has higher prices than Middle Juba

It's Hajj season and they prioritized ships carrying livestock to the Gulf, that's where's the congestion coming from, and since then 2 ships carrying fuel arrived.

SirLancelLord

Reformation of Somaliland
VIP

share you're source or you making it up as you feel attacked

share you're source or you making it up as you feel attacked

Somaliland is a oligopoly, everyone knows that my friend

I remember reading a paper about state capture and somalilands oligopoly.

Edit: Found the paper

Somaliland's authoritarian turn: oligarchic–corporate power and the political economy of de facto states​

Trending

Latest posts