Puntland independence movement

Wonky

Djiboutian 🇩🇯
Djabooty boy you are ajnabi. Why don’t you help your brethren ciise with fighting afar.
As if canfar are any threat, most Djibouti is their land yet we still came out on top, my ciise niggas back home can handle them.
p.s it’s Djibouti not djabooty.

Nin123

The most hated man in here
VIP
As if canfar are any threat, most Djibouti is their land yet we still came out on top, my ciise niggas back home can handle them.
p.s it’s Djibouti not djabooty.
You an idiot boy
IMG_1220.png

The afar were killing your people in sitti zone in Ethiopia. Djabooty boy

Somalian sold 30% of their resources to halt temporary Somaliland deal with Ethiopia. This failed state will die without puntland support.
I’m curious what benefits does PL bring to the national government exactly ?? Genuine question ??

The legitimacy of the Somalian government and without it, the country would cease to exist.
Thats not how it works sxb, PL cutting ties with the government does not put the national government legitimacy at risk. If I’m not mistaken this is the 6th time PL has cut ties with the gov, if that was the case your Utopianism idealistic exhibition would’ve come to fruition a long time ago. In your head you’re perceiving PL as some sort of powerful FMS that can bring the central gov to its knees, when that’s far from the truth. The fact of the matter is that PL doesn’t contribute much to the country, nor do they process the power you perceive them to hold. They do not pay taxes, they don’t contribute much soldiers towards the fight against AS (could be wrong on this matter), they do not contribute in the security of the nation, the PL gov actively undermines the national security of the nation by making deals with foreign and or hostile nations, you can’t claim to be part of a country yet isolate yourself by not participating in the political process and then have a tantrum when things don’t go your way, I could go on and no I’m not defending the federal government I’m just been truthful. I would tell you and other on here to not take this statement as an insult but I’ll probably be wasting my breath.

Last edited:

Nin123

The most hated man in here
VIP
Thats not how it works sxb, PL cutting ties with the government does not put the national government legitimacy at risk. If I’m not mistaken this is the 6th time PL has cut ties with the gov, if that was the case your Utopianism idealistic exhibition would’ve come to fruition a long time ago. In your head you’re perceiving PL as some sort of powerful FMS that can bring the central gov to its knees, when that’s far from the truth. The fact of the matter is that PL doesn’t contribute much to the country, nor do they process the power you perceive them to hold. They do not pay taxes, they don’t contribute much soldiers towards the fight against AS (could be wrong on this matter), they do not contribute in the security of the nation, the PL gov actively undermines the national security of the nation by making deals with foreign and or hostile nations, you can’t claim to be part of a country yet isolate yourself by not participating in the political process and then have a tantrum when things don’t go your way, I could go on and no I’m not defending the federal government I’m just been truthful. I would tell you and other on here to not take this statement as an insult but I’ll probably be wasting my breath.
1. Puntland is more powerful than all federal states combined, including Banadir capital, and it is generally more peaceful overall.

2. Why should Puntland pay any taxes to the most corrupt 💀 country in the world? Moreover, 70% of the budget comes from donations. According to your logic, only taxpayers have a say, so why should Puntland comply in the first place or even remain in union with the country?

3. The government waged a failed two-year war 😂 against Al-Shabaab, resulting only in casualties and deaths. It’s a cycle of gaining and losing land to Al-Shabaab with no strategic planning.

4. Puntland played a pivotal role in establishing Somalia Government 2.0 (the first Somali government existed from 1960 to 1991) and could easily dissolve it by declaring independence.
IMG_1235.png

1. Puntland is more powerful than all federal states combined, including Banadir capital, and it is generally more peaceful overall.

2. Why should Puntland pay any taxes to the most corrupt 💀 country in the world? Moreover, 70% of the budget comes from donations. According to your logic, only taxpayers have a say, so why should Puntland comply in the first place or even remain in union with the country?

3. The government waged a failed two-year war 😂 against Al-Shabaab, resulting only in casualties and deaths. It’s a cycle of gaining and losing land to Al-Shabaab with no strategic planning.

4. Puntland played a pivotal role in establishing Somalia Government 2.0 (the first Somali government existed from 1960 to 1991) and could easily dissolve it by declaring independence.
View attachment 327155
Well thank you for proving my point. Powerful in what way exactly because military and politically they’re not.

Don’t put words in my mouth I never said that, but the fact that you think a FMS shouldn’t contribute tax towards the national coffers is outstanding to say the least 💀

I had a bit of a giggle at that last statement of yours, you act like a lad that brought his first car (my 1998 Honda can diff beat that GTR lol)

PL did not create the federal government (not sure were this notion came from), the international community to be specific the US and the EU did. But the federal model that was implemented and that we currently use was forced upon us by Meles Zenawi. I welcome you to do your own research, in saying that I’m diff not denying the tangible effort that PL put in to keep the train moving so to speak. But the fact that you believe that PL has the power to “dissolve” the federation when she wills, is both disingenuous and frankly quite naive.

I’m the biggest federalist ever and from puntland but trying to secede is retarded because Qoslaye will be out on his ass in a year

>somaliland agrees to join somalia
>complains about it later
>puntland agrees to join somalia
>complains about it later

I'm starting to think northerners don't read the fine print

:dead:

So self-isolation is the game? you just need to look at SL situation to see how leaving the game early brings you no benefits, in terms of the international community, no one will recognize you for the fear of having their own secessionist push to secede.

See you in 2026 :sass2:

Somaliland has always had a form of semi-recognition, you can read about it in the leaked US cables. Countries have always dealt with Somaliland and supported it's instiutions and state building but Somaliland hasn't always sought full-indepedence. Around 2008 I think it was, it was actually looking to become a civil adminstration within Somalia and was pursuing talks with Somalia. I think the policy has definitely changed in the last year or so and now Somaliland is pushing for full independence again. Meles Zenawi had very different beliefs and thoughts to Abiy Ahmed. He knew it was a bad look for Ethiopia to be the first to recognize Somaliland.

Puntland's alienation shouldn't be underestimated. The centralization of power in a country that isn't the same as it was in 1991 won't end well. I welcome it for those reasons.

That’s the only true thing he’s ever said

Bruh, they have been lobbying hard for recognition for decades now. Nothing has changed except more desperation due to Las Anod

Bruh, they have been lobbying hard for recognition for decades now. Nothing has changed except more desperation due to Las Anod
They only started seeking recognition after Tuur (AUN), they had a whole civil war between unionists and secessionists that the Unionists lost

Las Anod is definitely a signal that the FGS wants to absorb Somaliland.

The FGS is following the same path as the failed Afghan government. It's just a flaw in the design of these donor funded governments that are insulated from the political reality of the country. They are incentivized to try and centralize power even when it's not possible.

There are definitely no more negotiations with the FGS. It's a failed project. I don't think it survives one dodgy election. You'll see groups pulling out of it and no one will be able to put it back together again. It will be ripped apart by it's warring factions. Enjoy the show.

Trending

Latest posts