Puntland Gov Begins Demolishing Illegal Properties

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP

The Puntland government has focused on removing homes and businesses built on public and government property in the Mudug region. So far the government has been able to demolish properties without much opposition, but do you think this is fair? Should those involved be compensated?

They should demolish all the crappy ugly housing all over Puntland that was built by the diaspora and have the government substitute them.
I dont want the whole place to end up like south korea.

But in this case if it is was illegitimate property and businesses being demolished im kind of on the fence on this one,

On one hand you shouldnt allow illegal buildings to be built on public and government property and this would be beneficial in the future, leaving room. On the other hand , there is alot invested into the businesses and houses to be just demolished on the spot like that and how would they compensate for them? in what way?

Duchess

VIP
I meant compensate them with money or other land. Yes, they were wrong for building on land that wasnt theirs to begin with, but I worry that it could get ugly. We're talking about people's life's savings here. Some won't part with that easily.

I hate the weird architecture and multicolored homes that dominates much of Puntland, but Alhamdulilah Bosaso's homes are mainly white. :rejoice:

Good job. All houses should be planned and approved by the govt before being built. I hate how Somalis build houses wherever they want without any regard to how it may affect others.

Duchess

VIP
Good job. All houses should be planned and approved by the govt before being built. I hate how Somalis build houses wherever they want without any regard to how it may affect others.

A few years ago they had to demolish homes that were built on roads, wtf. :mindblown:

Rooble

Suldaanka Gobyare
VIP
No offense, but this is retarded, demolishing houses built on governmental properties should be the last of their worries. Oh well.

I hate the weird architecture and multicolored homes that dominates much of Puntland, but Alhamdulilah Bosaso's homes are mainly white. :rejoice:

Thats why i like bosaso!! thats why i fear somalia is going to look like an ugly dump with no tourist propects originality or stand out. Just random western non somali architecture just planted randomly around the place. The continuation of somali architecture pre civil war was part of the attraction now most of it is gone and replaced by shit.

but hey like rooble said this should be the least of our worries.

Duchess

VIP
No offense, but this is retarded, demolishing houses built on governmental properties should be the last of their worries. Oh well.

Why can't the government reclaim its land? Perhaps they're reclaiming their land so they can sell it and generate revenue or use the lans build hospitals/schools/infrastructure. What's so retarded about that?

Rooble

Suldaanka Gobyare
VIP
Thank you bro.

Aesthetics is definitely important especially for tourism, but I assume this is in the central of Mudug.
Either way housing is needed and businesses are needed. Why would they do this to these masakiin people. We as Somalis already lack proper infrastructure and basic necessities. I repeat, It should be the last of their worries. Wallahi Somalis have bigger fish to fry than demolishing houses built on governmental properties.

Cheers.

Why can't the government reclaim its land? Perhaps they're reclaiming their land so they can sell it and generate revenue or use the lans build hospitals/schools/infrastructure. What's so retarded about that?

Then in that case they should atleast have room for compensation like you said.

Rooble

Suldaanka Gobyare
VIP

Okay let's say they did it to build hospitals/schools/infrastructure at the demolished locations. Why at that location?
What makes that location so special?
Why not at a other location? I mean there is an abundance in land, so it's highly unlikely.

Here in the Western world, they hardly demolish, they always look at other ways, other options, other solutions.
Too much corrupt officials in all regions. Officials without credentials. As Somalis we already lack housing.

Duchess

VIP
Okay let's say they did it to build hospitals/schools/infrastructure at the demolished locations. Why at that location?
What makes that location so special?
Why not at a other location? I mean there is an abundance in land, so it's highly unlikely.

Here in the Western world, they hardly demolish, they always look at other ways, other options, other solutions.
Too much corrupt officials in all regions. Officials without credentials. As Somalis we already lack housing.

These people didn't build on abandoned land in Garacad, but prime real estate in Galkacyo.

But I agree with you that the housing should not be demolished unless it needs to be cleared for a road. It's an absolute waste to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending