Puntland: Documentary on President Deni's Achievements from 2019 to 2021

Apollo

VIP
What is his politics like?

Is he centrist? leftwing? rightwing?

Of course using the standards of Somalia and not the West.

Very good work Mudane Deni and Kaah Political Party.

I really want to see two areas tackled;

1. Health (that includes sewage management and water)
2. Job creation- we need to fight the stigma against manual work, butchery, cooking, hair cutting etc, etc. Every Puntite wants an office job, but there isn't enough to go around.

Last edited:
What is his politics like?

Is he centrist? leftwing? rightwing?

Of course using the standards of Somalia and not the West.

He is 'left' wing, if we consider his government's attitudes towards non-native people who have been 'naturalised'.

I think with President Deni, we're just grateful he's not a gaajo thief and is actually competent so we don't focus on what his political ideology is.

(Masha'Allah, may Allah protect him from the evil eyes of his detractors).

Apollo

VIP
He is 'left' wing, if we consider his government's attitudes towards non-native people who have been 'naturalised'.

I think with President Deni, we're just grateful he's not a gaajo thief and is actually competent so we don't focus on what his political ideology is.

(Masha'Allah, may Allah protect him from the evil eyes of his detractors).

When it comes to government finances, spending, and where he places his emphasis.

Ethnic stuff can be a distraction, I mean when it comes to budgets/tax levels/business friendliness etc.

When it comes to government finances, spending, and where he places his emphasis.

Ethnic stuff can be a distraction, I mean when it comes to budgets/tax levels/business friendliness etc.

Puntland has always been a safe haven for all businesses, monopoly has never been accepted. That's why Somali Corporate giants like Golis, Amal, HASS and non-native Dahabshiil companies are thriving with no fear of government interference.

This has not changed with Deni, he's a businessman himself. He placed most emphasis on financial competence and security.

I don't know how to describe this as an ideology though

Last edited:

Apollo

VIP
Puntland has always been a safe haven for all businesses, monopoly has never been accepted. That's why Somali corporate giants like Golis, Amal and non-native Dahabshiil companies are thriving with no fear of government interference.

This has not changed with Deni, he's a businessmen himself.

He placed most emphasis on financial competence and security.

I don't know how to describe this as an ideology though.

Corona is a useful litmus test to place people on the left or the right.

Has he been more strict on Corona compared to the rest of Somaliweyn or East Africa, or did he barely implement restrictions?

Corona is a useful litmus test to place people on the left or the right.

Has he been more strict on Corona compared to the rest of Somaliweyn or East Africa, or did he barely implement restrictions?

Schools were shut down and lessons were given online and Puntland Security Forces have been vaccinated.

I think the restrictions have long since been lifted, but I'm pretty certain things were shut down for a while.

@warside @DR OSMAN @Thegoodshepherd & anyone else who has any idea

Is there corporate tax in Puntland?
Yes, but they don't enforce it , they collect meager amounts from the companies, last month the revenue from corporate profits was just 17,000. The minister Hasan Abgal was focusing lately on sales tax (1 million last month) and payroll tax for some cities (500,000 $ last month) and he mentioned that they will not accept 100 dollars from big companies any more.
In this video he's talking about how these companies dodge taxes.

@warside

The minister commended Martisoor Hotel and HHA Hotels who voluntarily pay taxes and they pay a lot of money.

They need to go after these other big companies, fine them and if they refuse, shut them down. I also think they need to criminalise tax evasion and people should serve time.
Puntland needs to be like the IRS- as in people need to be in deep fear of missing tax payments.

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP
@warside

The minister commended Martisoor Hotel and HHA Hotels who voluntarily pay taxes and they pay a lot of money.

They need to go after these other big companies, fine them and if they refuse, shut them down. I also think they need to criminalise tax evasion and people should serve time.
Puntland needs to be like the IRS- as in people need to be in deep fear of missing tax payments.
Not just big Compaines, even who work with NGOs refuse to pay tax. Finance minstry transfer their cases to PL goverment attorney so they fine them. Plus he went to Bossaso and seat with Big sharks businessmans.

In two or three years our income will increase inshalla.

Manafesto

[[Puntland Republic πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡±]]PIM[[C.S(BihinYusuf)]
VIP
HalimoEnthusiast
Denu is definitely the best president PL had since it's inception, he is a man who is not motivated by money, power and such, Deni is here to serve his citizens of PL and help Somalia out of the misery Farmaajo started.

Not just big Compaines, even who work with NGOs refuse to pay tax. Finance minstry transfer their cases to PL goverment attorney so they fine them. Plus he went to Bossaso and seat with Big sharks businessmans.

In two or three years our income will increase inshalla.
The NGO staff didn't pay taxes before, in Q2 2021 revenue of payroll tax on NGO staff was 430,000 $, similar to taxes on government workers including the army (538,000).