Puntland Checkpoints Should Copy Bosaso Airport Security

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Bosaso Airport Security is tight as hell, they even use sniffer dogs to ensure no contra-band is allowed in. I suggest PL check-points invest into 'sniffer dogs'. They are far quicker to detect contraband such as explosives, weapons, etc being transported thru PL. My second grandfather used to have a 'dog' name 'qole' and he would protect his herds from hyenas and lions back in those days. Sniffer dogs are far more cheaper and have the same success rate as the more expensive 'xray' scanners.

Very cheap and very effective. Bosaso airport uses it and look how 'tight' that security is. The security program needs to expand to our check-points so we can ensure no IED are entering our land from the south or north thru vehicles. I would also love to finally see a proper 'disarmement' of the civilian population which hasn't ever been done in PL. It has been done in 'SL' on a large scale and is one of the fundamental reasons of their stability and the other reason is of course 'shabab' using it as 'headquarters' for their leaders around Burco and Erigavo which are like 'who's who' of 'terrorism' no joke, they also get support by the local govts there. That's why the CIA has no 'PSF OR DANAB' in SL, it's better of arming up the terrorists lol cause their in bed with them is now an undisputable fact.

But it's not to ignore that weapons are very 'rare' in SL in the civilian population hand, they completely disarmed them. I am not sure what method they used but a 'study' of that successful program is mandatory. I would suggest that we don't disarm our people in 'hot spot' areas like Buhodle/Galkacyo and should encourage 'arm ownership'. But I want to see 'controlled' arms ownership with Elders and Police station being the 'owners' and controlling access to their clan members.

But we need a strict arms control policy for towns beyond Galkacyo to the rest of PL. They should not be carrying any arms in any area of 'settlement' no matter how small or large it is. As long as it's a settled place, we must enact 'arms control' laws that bar any civilian with a weapon.

The civilians who do own arms will need to report their arms to their elder and police station who will note down the 'owner' and type of 'weapon' and they will be given a 'weapons card' where they can 'access' it only when it's proven for non-criminal reasons or in the case of Galkacyo/Buhodle 'self defence' against the irir hordes. This arms policy must not be just secluded to certain areas or villages, but it has to be PL wide arms control policy, where no clan or any settled area can own weapons outside the weapons control act. This act must be followed by all weapons owners.

I say we need to create some sort of 'storage' center in their village or town where the key's will be the 'elders' of those areas and the police station. I am sick of elders being told to 'resolve conflicts' but we never give them the power to control 'weapons' of their clans-men. Any weapons that do not report to a 'PL weapons storage' facility which is under the control of the 'elder' in that area will suffer huge ramifications under the weapons control act.

I honestly do believe by disarming the people and having a strong external check-points with sniffer dogs, we can crack down on external arms flow and internal arms. I mean Bosaso airport which see's far less traffic of people then our 'roads' has better security then our 'road' makes no sense. Our transportation link is very full and requires stronger security attention since most of the trade is happening on the road. That trade can mean 'illegal' stuff but due to the open-ness of our roads, it has led to in my belief the 'ease of arms and explosive flows' to 'shabab' in Galgala and also to 'shabab' IDP campers doing assasinations.

I believe if PL adopts the weapons control act which will only effect 'settlement' areas and not the unsettled nomads who do have a need for a weapon to protect their herds, our local security will radically change, however I am of the belief as long as the local puntite or Idp has access to weapons, the liklihood they will use it is extremely high, so restricting access thru some sort of 'elder partnership' where they can control their clans access to weapons. This leads to far better accountability. One when there is a crime that happens, it will be asked how this person got his 'weapons' since the region is fully under the weapons control act. It will lead to 'elders' or 'police' stations who have access to these facilitities being questioned and their involvement. It leads to now 'accountability' and thru accountability, people will be in fear of getting busted.

Last edited:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
The problem is the un-fettered access to weapons to even IDP population iskaba daa 'dadka deegaanka' is unsustainable in my opinion. To say you want to increase security, yet let this 'elephant' in the room of uncontrolled access to weapons is unfeasible and unworkable. You will always being putting out fires or constant crime.

The access needs to be limited and controlled by recognized elder who is told 'warheedhe qof hubkina rabo ma jirto, we just want to set up accountability and limit access' thru a 'storage facility' where you will be given the keys to it for your area and the local police station will also have keys to it.

When a crime happens against your clans-men, you first exercise thru the 'court' system, if you are not happy with the courts or do not trust it, then go to your 'elder' and convince him of allowing you to access your weapon to seek revenge, if he approves of it, now at least we have somewhere to hold 'accountable'. This provides the clan with assurance their weapons are in their hands still but it will be regulated thru weapons control act, uncontrolled access is what we reject and un-accountable people is what we will not accept.

When a crime happens and a weapon was used. The police station can immediately question the elder how their clans-men got access to your weapon storage facility without you 'granting' it? this will mean the elder will think twice before giving 'access' to his clans-member weapons knowing he will be held accountable for it.

Now it's a controlled weapons ownership. It's controlled thru the elder and storage facility. It ensures clans will not think their being disarmed, it just means it will mean less crime happens since the weapons are accountable and in the hands of their elder. By also doing this it could lead to our justice system becoming stronger.

Cause if someone who commited a crime and is let go due to corruption the elder can approach the court and say if this isn't handled we will give access to our weapons storage areas to our clans member to seek revenge. This will mean the court system has a 'check n balance' on it thru arm ownership and it's better they deal with the criminal then risk the 'revenge mode' ticking off. I can envision how this will work. Good storage facilities that are 'inaccessible' to anyone but the 'elder' and local 'police' station. All weapons registered to the owner and 'weapons' recognition card given to them. When they want to access the weapon due to some 'crime' that happened in Galkacyo or Buhoodle or other hot spots.

He has to go thru 'nidaamka' show his card to his elder, his elder then either grants him access to his weapon or his local police officer will. That nigga can go get his revenge on 'sacad' or whoever beefed with him. Then he returns his 'weapons' following the same procedure to his elder, back into the storage facility, and life goes on. Now PL has proper arms control law, far more better living like this then this uncontrolled madness.

Last edited:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
1. My Arms Control Act will be my first piece of security policy followed by the use of sniffer dogs at checkpoints to control arms or explosives into the state from the outside.
2. My Sanitation policy will be my second policy. I will ensure public bins are installed thru out PL cities and fines given for anyone caught littering. I will have a 'litter' team created in each local government area of PL and they will be walking around the town giving fines to culprits. I will develop a daily trash pick up of the city and weekly trash pick up of neighborhoods.
3. PL identification scheme. I want name-address-elder all detailed. They will get their PL ID number. Nothing can be accessed in PL without this ID will be a law. The reason I want this is so we can identify people quickly for crime purposes, keep their elder up to date, plus it gives us 'data' on where the problems are like which 'neighborhood' or which 'clan elder' has over-represention of criminal members in his clans. I also want this ID number to be linked to people 'mobile payer' accounts so it can provide us with 'taxation' rate information to apply. So it has many benefits
4. The education system I will expand the universities who recognize PL high school certificate, especially to 'Indian and Malaysian' educational facilities so we tap into their better educational facilities, especially for our 'stream of doctors' and those countries provide world class good doctor training.

I will urge education investors to tap into creating schools for 'carpentry, masonry, plumbing, electrical'. I want to see a huge explosion in trade certified people. I want to also set up 'business academy' where people are given basic business knowledge around capital-operating costs-time-inflation-market segments-idea generation to increase diversity-plan generation-banking of course.
5.Infrastructure will be not 'party' politics but a 'govt initiative' irrespective of party. Water-Electricity-Roads-Ports-Airports-Schools-Hospitals are un-changeable from govt to govt, it will remain a PL wide initiative irrespective of govt in power

Good ideas but now is not the time to disarm. IDP camps need to go especially in Galkacyo and Bosaso. Why do we still have bloody camps in 2020? They need to go home and rebuild thier degaans. This needs to be done asap.

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP
Good ideas but now is not the time to disarm. IDP camps need to go especially in Galkacyo and Bosaso. Why do we still have bloody camps in 2020? They need to go home and rebuild thier degaans. This needs to be done asap.
Correct, PL should start contact hirshabelle & somali west after election.

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
I would also love to finally see a proper 'disarmement' of the civilian population which hasn't ever been done in PL. It has been done in 'SL' on a large scale and is one of the fundamental reasons of their stability
Disarmament was critical to Somaliland's stability because the state was formed by force through war and all of the clans inhabiting it despise each other. We see what happens when they get their hands on weapons in Ceel Afweyn every year.
I would suggest that we don't disarm our people in 'hot spot' areas like Buhodle/Galkacyo and should encourage 'arm ownership'.
Agreed on this point. I would take it further and say disarmament shouldn't be encouraged anywhere in Mudug.
The problem is the un-fettered access to weapons to even IDP population iskaba daa 'dadka deegaanka' is unsustainable in my opinion. To say you want to increase security, yet let this 'elephant' in the room of uncontrolled access to weapons is unfeasible and unworkable. You will always being putting out fires or constant crime.
I think we should mainly focus on disarmament in particular cities. We should start in cities outside of Mudug with IDP populations.

I would begin a pilot project in Bosaso as an experiment. Dogs should be placed at all entry points to the city and made to patrol on major roads. Anyone found with a weapon should be treated as a terrorist and be sent to our underground 'enhanced' interrogation facilities.

We can take the lessons learned there and apply it to other cities like Qardho, Garowe, and Burtinle.

Trending