Public Iftar at the Addis Ababa Meskel Square

Ask yourself this question,
Would Christians get a reception like this in Somalia?
We all know the answer.

Much respect to the open minded Ethiopian Christians for respecting other beliefs.
I only hope that Somalia can improve its own religious tolerance one day.
There is no somali that has been christian for generations secondly who said Ethiopia is a christian country dont equate it to the vatican.

Muslim participants said they were touched by how Christian residents joined them and helped with organizing and serving. The event drew 15k participants making it the biggest public Iftar in Africa ever.

Muslim participants said they were touched by how Christian residents joined them and helped with organizing and serving. The event drew 15k participants making it the biggest public Iftar in Africa ever.

Where is the erhiopian orthodox community clerics welcoming muslims?

Are you some kind of pente?

Where is the erhiopian orthodox community clerics welcoming muslims?

Are you some kind of pente?

Both Orthodox and Muslim leaders jointly gave press conference a day before the public Iftar and the Orthodox church apologized after seeing how residents of Addis were not happy about blocking Muslims from a public space. The Addis Ababa city administration has also apologized.

Both Orthodox and Muslim leaders jointly gave press conference a day before the public Iftar and the Orthodox church apologized after seeing how residents of Addis were not happy about blocking Muslims from a public space. The Addis Ababa city administration has also apologized.

Fana TV???

They orthodox clerics apologised after they saw muslims not accepting their outright bias.

Also shouldnt we not thank Abye because he is pente?pentes are hated as much as muslims.

J-Rasta

Inactivated
VIP
The public Iftar at Meskel square has successfully ended. Thanks to Ethiopian medias and all who stood with our Muslim brothers/sisters and for their rights. No peace without equality and justice! Ramadan Kareem to all our Muslim brothers/sisters.

And this is in Bahir Dar, capital of the Amhara region

Ethiopia a multi ethnic multi religious country. Congrats on being a beacin of hope for the Horn. :it0tdo8: :it0tdo8:
Ethiopia is a diverse country with different religions yet respect one and other when it comes to religious diversity indeed they are open minded and a tolerable society.
Kenya also fits in that category too.

I wished we Somalis could leave behind these petty clan allegiances and stop following gullible extremists and focus on real life problems that pretty much encompass the entire Somali peninsula, instead of gawking with hatred and bitter resentment.

I question why an Iftaar thread like
this showcasing our Muslim brothers celebrating the holy month in Ethiopia got to do with any politics ?
We we are too keen to politicise anything Ethiopian related instead of being human and moving along .

We could actually learn a thing a two or even more and many more from our remarkable neighbour.
Ethiopians are friendly and you can get along with in real life .

I have been there myself and spent good amount of time in Addis, Dire Dawa , Harar , Arba Minch , Awassa , Dhagaxbuur and Jigjiga , Enjoyed hiking around Entoto tbh the zipline was even better than the ones we have in SA , the people hospitable , cuisine and tej very nice.

Ethiopia is different than the propaganda we've been fed with our entire lives.
Dear Somalis, iyo soomaaliweynta kale
Learn to separate politics from the people that's all im saying.

There have been ancient christian grave sites found in Somaliland so that's debateable.

Regardless, there are Somali Christians today who do face persecution. Are these people foreigners too? Do they not deserve the freedom to practice their religion in their own homeland?
Show me an Ethnic Somali who was born a christian.

exposedmeat

i do it anyway i like
They even had a Muslim King.
While Somali Christians are still being persecuted in Somalia.
Close-mindedness is a sign of low intelligence.
just accept the fact that Ethiopians are more civilized than us, if we were landhreere we wouldn't fight over qabil f@cking pathetic

Trending

Latest posts