Proud boys founder is A government informant.

800.jpeg.jpg

The leader of the Proud Boys, who was arrested in Washington shortly before the Capitol riot, previously worked undercover and cooperated with investigators after he was accused of fraud in 2012, court documents show.

Henry “Enrique” Tarrio helped law enforcement in a variety of investigations nearly a decade ago by providing information and going undercover, the records show.

- has a history of cooperating with law enforcement, according to court records and a former prosecutor.

- Mr. Tarrio helped the F.B.I. and local police departments go after more than a dozen criminal defendants about a decade ago was first reported by Reuters on Wednesday.

- The court transcript documents a hearing in 2014 where Mr. Tarrio sought to reduce his own sentence in a fraud case, shows that he helped law enforcement officers to investigate and prosecute criminal enterprises, including an illegal gambling business, a marijuana grow lab, an operation that sold anabolic steroids and an immigrant smuggling ring.

- H
e denied to Reuters that he had ever worked undercover or cooperated with law enforcement.

“I don’t know any of this,” he said. “I don’t recall any of this.”

Trending

Latest posts