Protests and Demonstrations for Muslims against Discrimination - Assim al hakeem

This is from January 21 of this year. So he said this before the blm riots and I think he's clearly been shown to have been right. The people that glorify protests and demonstrations- their thinking is the underlying thinking behind what we saw this year. Anyone with reason, as the Sheikh said, should be able to see the harm of protests and demonstrations.

tyrannicalmanager

pseudo-intellectual

This is from January 21 of this year. So he said this before the blm riots and I think he's clearly been shown to have been right. The people that glorify protests and demonstrations- their thinking is the underlying thinking behind what we saw this year. Anyone with reason, as the Sheikh said, should be able to see the harm of protests and demonstrations.
@Omar del Sur i know this sheikh is talking about america spefically but how is the only halal way to combat opression by the goverment by heading to social media?
for example in harar a historic muslim city in africa is under ethiopia rule for the past century.
the christian regime has placed churces and idol statues of there kings in the city.
n2k810ml14851.jpg

they've displaced the indigenous muslim inhabitant of the city.
only through the recent protest, has some injustices been dealt.
1595639151395.jpeg

@Omar del Sur i know this sheikh is talking about america spefically but how is the only halal way to combat opression by the goverment by heading to social media?
for example in harar a historic muslim city in africa is under ethiopia rule for the past century.
the christian regime has placed churces and idol statues of there kings in the city.
n2k810ml14851.jpg

they've displaced the indigenous muslim inhabitant of the city.
only through the recent protest, has some injustices been dealt.
View attachment 133710

I have no idea how to answer. I'm not qualified. I don't know enough about the region.

If the protests have helped the people and the good has outweighed the bad then I guess I'm for it but in general I'm against protests because I think the bad usually outweighs the good. With this situation, I have no idea.

tyrannicalmanager

pseudo-intellectual
I have no idea how to answer. I'm not qualified. I don't know enough about the region.

If the protests have helped the people and the good has outweighed the bad then I guess I'm for it but in general I'm against protests because I think the bad usually outweighs the good. With this situation, I have no idea.
i was presenting an example where there are a few options but to protest. of course the situation in US isn't nearly as bad thing happening around the world.

i was presenting an example where there are a few options but to protest. of course the situation in US isn't nearly as bad thing happening around the world.

I think you seem like a sincere brother. I believe in something like intuition. I don't mean an intuition that tells the future but a moral intuition that is innate within your heart. But you must be pure and sincere for that intuition to speak to you clearly. Otherwise it is like a radio broadcast that is drowned out in static.

You know the situation better than I do and so you have to follow what you innately know to be right.

Sheiks and scholars can give general principles but the person who knows the situation has to decide what to do. If you are sincere and you make a mistake then I think that insha'Allah you will be okay.

'Amr b. al-'As reported that he heard Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) as saying:
When a judge gives a decision, having tried his best to decide correctly and is right, there are two rewards for him; and if he gave a judgment after having tried his best (to arrive at a correct decision) but erred, there is one reward for him.

also, if someone is forced to do something then I believe it is forgiven. Therefore, if protesting and such are haraam but there is truly a situation where there is no other choice..... then I think it's different but only if there's really no alternative and the good outweighs the bad that would result otherwise.

tyrannicalmanager

pseudo-intellectual
I think you seem like a sincere brother. I believe in something like intuition. I don't mean an intuition that tells the future but a moral intuition that is innate within your heart. But you must be pure and sincere for that intuition to speak to you clearly. Otherwise it is like a radio broadcast that is drowned out in static.

You know the situation better than I do and so you have to follow what you innately know to be right.

Sheiks and scholars can give general principles but the person who knows the situation has to decide what to do. If you are sincere and you make a mistake then I think that insha'Allah you will be okay.

'Amr b. al-'As reported that he heard Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) as saying:
When a judge gives a decision, having tried his best to decide correctly and is right, there are two rewards for him; and if he gave a judgment after having tried his best (to arrive at a correct decision) but erred, there is one reward for him.

also, if someone is forced to do something then I believe it is forgiven. Therefore, if protesting and such are haraam but there is truly a situation where there is no other choice..... then I think it's different but only if there's really no alternative and the good outweighs the bad that would result otherwise.
i understand preserving order even if it's means tolerating corupt autocratic rulers. we've seen most protest in islamic countries devolving into never ending chaos with exeption of a few ending up in a better situation than before, even then i don't we should throw the baby out with the bath water.
anyways i'm done, thanks for the enlightening discusions.

Who gives a damn about what some Arab said a continent away from you? We need a 68tian section for this site. These people breed hella quick and spread out over the whole forum.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
Muslims always spoke and speak about the oppression and stood up to it. Quotes as much you want from that sheikh who get his money from freedom fearing dictatorship monarchies

Muslims always spoke and speak about the oppression and stood up to it. Quotes as much you want from that sheikh who get his money from freedom fearing dictatorship monarchies

How many times are people going to attack this Sheikh simply for him being Saudi? If you think differently, you think differently. You can make your own thread with a different sheikh if you want. Or make your own YouTube channel where you give Islamic rulings. I'm not willing to throw this sheikh out simply on the basis of him being Saudi. Saudi is where Islam started in the first place. I'm not willing to join this bandwagon of bashing every scholar from Saudi. If you think joining blm riots is Islamic, that's what you think. I think otherwise. and monarchy? being obsessed with overthrowing monarchies was a thing of Freemasonic liberals. I think you've adopted liberal values. monarchy is superior to democracy. you should be aiming at democracy not monarchy.

Last edited:
who cares what some random Islam-hater on here says
I love Islam. I just hate that the loudest people lie on our religion and make everyone else think that's the truth. Any modern Saudi scholar is paid to stay on code with the treasonous family Al-Saud. They betrayed Islam and the Ottoman Caliphate for the sake of having only Arabs rule over their lands. They publish all the books and issue out fatwa. Today, they export radicalism and provide extremists with funding/support.

Why you care about what any gulf arab thinks is beyond me. I'm a Somali like you and what to see our people in a good state and that's impossible as long as we keep looking up to Arabs. Whether it be for religious knowledge or the infamous "Who's your daddy?" :chrisfreshhah:

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
How many times are people going to attack this Sheikh simply for him being Saudi? If you think differently, you think differently. You can make your own thread with a different sheikh if you want. Or make your own YouTube channel where you give Islamic rulings. I'm not willing to throw this sheikh out simply on the basis of him being Saudi. Saudi is where Islam started in the first place. I'm not willing to join this bandwagon of bashing every scholar from Saudi. If you think joining blm riots is Islamic, that's what you think. I think otherwise. and monarchy? being obsessed with overthrowing monarchies was a thing of Freemasonic liberals. I think you've adopted liberal values. monarchy is superior to democracy. you should be aiming at democracy not monarchy.
It's about principles, a lot of Saudi scholars are good ones, like Salman al auda and others, it's not about nationality or place of birth, monarchies differ, when a royal family do injustice and oppression then this family need to be criticized and go. He wasn't talking about BLM but about protesting in general, if the mainstream would accepted he would said that "criticisingthe ruler publicly is unislamic".