Pros and cons of living in Minnesota.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It all depends on the type of work that Meta will be doing. That being said, I have traveled to Nashville, Phoenix, and Kansas City, and I wouldn't advise the brother to move there. Even though the cost of living is cheaper in these cities than those cities in CA, living those cities will be challenging when the economy slows down. If you don't have connections, it is almost impossible to find work during the tough times.

Maine is also similar and the backlash against Somalis has been huge few years ago. If not Minneapolis or CA, Portland, OR; or Seattle, WA is what I would recommend. I know for a fact that all of the Somalis that I know who moved away from Seattle in the past are now back in Seattle.

Oh my goodness the heat in Phoenix and New Mexico will kill him as well. These are also borderline states with huge Hispanic presence. Therefore, the whites who live there have become so militant that they view every immigrant as an undocumented alien. That was at least the perception that I got from them when I was there.

Instead of Nashville, if Meta wants to move to the South, Atlanta, GA; and Charlotte, NC would be two places to consider. One is the biggest city in the South (Atlanta), and Charlotte is the banking center of the South East. Still, my experience with the South is avoid as much as you can until the current anti-Muslim climate changes. I have found a job one time in Charleston, SC; and did about a week of travelling thru that state and nearby ones. The confederate flags were all over place in this state, and other states near it: NC, GA. Avoid the South as much you can including Tennessee.

Bottom line, Western states - CA, OR, & WA - are the places where I would advise Meta to consider. Good luck!

Bielsa

Free Wi-Fi > Free Palestine
VIP
What are Somalis doing in Maine though? Wth... That seems.like a random north east state to settle in..

Figo

|Garowe|Jalam|Galkacyo|
VIP
The Evergreen State:rejoice:

Yo menace can you believe SmellLikeSunrise tried to say Marehans run Tuk. :russ:Just cause some habar owns a store in Jubba she thinks Marehan run shit. Someone tell her this ain't Columbus LoL. Tuk,Seatac, South Seattle is all MJ heaven. Scratch that we run the whole state. :whoa:Of course I mean when it comes to skinnies.:win:

menace

President - Sexaholics Anonymous, Ohio chapter
VIP
The Evergreen State:rejoice:

Yo menace can you believe SmellLikeSunrise tried to say Marehans run Tuk. :russ:Just cause some habar owns a store in Jubba she thinks Marehan run shit. Someone tell her this ain't Columbus LoL. Tuk,Seatac, South Seattle is all MJ heaven. Scratch that we run the whole state. :whoa:Of course I mean when it comes to skinnies.:win:

Nacastaa I've seen her in real life..not worth responding to ..she's a certified obese with no shape like a whale

Thanks guys for the insight and It sounds like geriggor knows me because all the points he raised was what was on mind. lol. The reason I am leaving California(San Diego) is because I have been here too long. That is it really..and I know that is not enough reason but it is for me. I want to teach university eventually(in 5 years time)..so I am not too worried about shako but I am worried about the winter of MN which I have been told is pretty horrendous.

the screw That is not my lifestyle but good to know you enjoyed yourself.

I also lived in San Diego in my younger days. Came out of Horace Mann middle before heading east for high school and college. In fact, I was in SD About a month ago in the beginning of August. I make sure to visit at least once a year. A change of scenery is good but just because you've been there too long doesn't mean you should entirely rule it out. It's still a good place to live.

Q

Queen Carawelo

Pros

You will feel right at home.
Somali food is available where ever you turn.
You will be reunited with a relative, friend, associate.
Better job opportunities.
Lakes, lake and more lakes. Did I mention lakes oh yeah more lakes.
Transportation. Whether you drive, ride the bus or the train, you will get to your destination with worry free.
Diverse/multicultural state.
Superb education system.
Best health care.

Cons

Never ending road construction.
Winter season
Bad drivers (mostly xalimos and faraaxs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending