Professor Hassan Sheikh: "Puntland Built Itself and Somalia"

reer

VIP
I feel he facing meltdown, First Federal introduce by Ethiopian and now SYL rejected it :mjdontkno: .
meles zenawi was the architect of the transitional federal government and somali federalism. then we all ate it up. before you throw clan insults i dont insult federalism i just acknowledge who built our federal constitution. :mjlaugh:

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Mogadishu & hargeisa were both to destroyed to rubble due to war but they are both still light years ahead of tiny pland in every field.

In terms of development and infrastructure, you are right. Mogadishu and Hargeisa are ahead.

However, the average person in Puntland has a better standard of life than the average person in any other maamul goboleed.

At the end of the day, what use is shiny buildings if the people live like sh*t.

But I do want to see Puntland focus on developing their cities.

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
Mogadishu & hargeisa were both to destroyed to rubble due to war but they are both still light years ahead of tiny pland in every field.

The average person in puntland has more purchasing power than the average person in Woqoyie Galbeed or Banadir. That much is without doubt.

Averages are what matter not the visible wealth of tall buildings. Density and number of buildings in a city do not make your richer.

This is Sao Paulo, it is poor
Downtown-Sao-Paulo.jpg

This is Houston, it is 3x richer than Sao Paulo
aerial-view-of-the-houston-metropolitan-area-picture-id1143765838

The average person in puntland has more purchasing power than the average person in Woqoyie Galbeed or Banadir. That much is without doubt.

A report from 2002 stated that Bosaso residents earned around 4x more than Hargeisa residents, even IDPs in Bosaso earned more than Hargeisa residents.

Imagine the figures from present-day.

In comparison to Hargeisa, Bosasso residents enjoy a higher standard of living if we compare average daily incomes. While urban residents of Hargeisa earn, on average, about $1 a day, Bosasso residents earn over $4. Naturally, with respect to Bosasso, IDPs earnings are far lower. Most IDP households in Bosasso earn a daily wage of a little over a $1

A report from 2002 stated that Bosaso residents earned around 4x more than Hargeisa residents, even IDPs in Bosaso earned more than Hargeisa residents.

Imagine the figures from present-day.

First, this is almost 20 years ago and irrelevant today, and second, you should show the whole text:

"In comparison to Hargeisa, Bosasso residents enjoy a higher standard of living if we compare average daily incomes. While urban residents of Hargeisa earn, on average, about $1 a day, Bosasso residents earn over $4. Naturally, with respect to Bosasso, IDPs earnings are far lower. Most IDP households in Bosasso earn a daily wage of a little over a $1, which is more than 50percent, more than most returnee/IDP families living in and around Hargeisa. However, for Bosasso's IDPs these earnings are seasonally dependent.

There is less economic activity in Bosasso's main port during the summer months and since most IDPs work in activities associated with port trade, the figures cited above reflect earnings during the more busy winter months.
Many IDPs said that since job opportunities decrease greatly in the summer, they often migrate southward towards Nugal and Mudug regions of Puntland. However, the significant income earning opportunities for IDPs explains the fact the most cite shelter, health and food as priorities rather than job opportunities . Nevertheless, conditions for IDPs in Bosasso are the most severe in northern Somalia."

Today the situations for IDPs can only be much more worse in Puntland compared to Somaliland, since IDP's don't have access to US dollar and nobody is accepting the Somali shilling anymore in Puntland.

First, this is almost 20 years ago and irrelevant today, and second, you should show the whole text:

"In comparison to Hargeisa, Bosasso residents enjoy a higher standard of living if we compare average daily incomes. While urban residents of Hargeisa earn, on average, about $1 a day, Bosasso residents earn over $4. Naturally, with respect to Bosasso, IDPs earnings are far lower. Most IDP households in Bosasso earn a daily wage of a little over a $1, which is more than 50percent, more than most returnee/IDP families living in and around Hargeisa. However, for Bosasso's IDPs these earnings are seasonally dependent.

There is less economic activity in Bosasso's main port during the summer months and since most IDPs work in activities associated with port trade, the figures cited above reflect earnings during the more busy winter months.
Many IDPs said that since job opportunities decrease greatly in the summer, they often migrate southward towards Nugal and Mudug regions of Puntland. However, the significant income earning opportunities for IDPs explains the fact the most cite shelter, health and food as priorities rather than job opportunities . Nevertheless, conditions for IDPs in Bosasso are the most severe in northern Somalia."

Today the situations for IDPs can only be much more worse in Puntland compared to Somaliland, since IDP's don't have access to US dollar and nobody is accepting the Somali shilling anymore in Puntland.

So? IDP salaries may vary but Bosaso residents still earned 4 Γ— more than Hargeisa residents.

Last edited:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@FBIsomalia @Pwyneth Galtrow I love this man Prof Xasan Sheikh his wisdom. He said after 91, Isaaq cut itself from Somalia and created an administration, PL then sat down and said we will also create an administration for ourselves and build Somalia administration at the same time.

He said what did the south-central hawiye do post civil war, he said 'isbaarada' idin dhex taal from south galkacyo to hamar hadi la qaadi waayo, dhib dambe hawiye kale la arki maayo in an election. He means noone is going to vote for Hawiye when they're regions are unstable because people fear they will spill that instability over to regions trying to recover. He told hawiye if you don't have a talo waxan ku roon inaad talo rac noqotan.

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP
@FBIsomalia @Pwyneth Galtrow I love this man Prof Xasan Sheikh his wisdom. He said after 91, Isaaq cut itself from Somalia and created an administration, PL then sat down and said we will also create an administration for ourselves and build Somalia administration at the same time.

He said what did the south-central hawiye do post civil war, he said 'isbaarada' idin dhex taal from south galkacyo to hamar hadi la qaadi waayo, dhib dambe hawiye kale la arki maayo in an election. He means noone is going to vote for Hawiye when they're regions are unstable because people fear they will spill that instability over to regions trying to recover. He told hawiye if you don't have a talo waxan ku roon inaad talo rac noqotan.
He is right, But I think few hawiya clans like Abgaal iyo HG start to build their states and understand Federalism. Others small Hawiya clans still in 90s.

Som

VIP
Who is talking about Pre-civil war Somalia? We are talking about POST-Civil war Somalia and you know this very well. Puntland was the only area in Somalia that not only pulled itself out of the rubble but dragged the rest of Somalia out of it also.

What was the rest of Somalia doing? Besides founding terror groups or trying to steal land that doesn't belong to them?

If it wasn't for Puntland, your uncle Farmajo wouldn't even be President nor would he have an office to squat in.
I congratulate PL on that , but right now it seems PL is more preoccupied with going against Farmaajo than helping the nation . If you guys are better than Farmaajo then defeat him in the next election and prove him wrong.

I congratulate PL on that , but right now it seems PL is more preoccupied with going against Farmaajo than helping the nation . If you guys are better than Farmaajo then defeat him in the next election and prove him wrong.

What has Farmaajo achieved? Aside from fighting every politician and importing Khat from Ethiopia through his brother Hassan Farmaajo?

AlShabab runs a parallel government next to him, so don't even mention this imaginary security reform, his TikTok niiko crews are not even loyal to him as was shown when Badbaado Qaran called back their boys.

Som

VIP
What has Farmaajo achieved? Aside from fighting every politician and importing Khat from Ethiopia through his brother Hassan Farmaajo?

AlShabab runs a parallel government next to him, so don't even mention this imaginary security reform, his TikTok niiko crews are not even loyal to him as was shown when Badbaado Qaran called back their boys.
Ok. Then I hope some else can do a better job. I'm not a qabilist, I support anyone who can fix Somalia. Farmaajo has many flaws but I don't really see anyone who is better than him right now and that's a problem. The opposition is only united by their hatred of Farmaajo and MX, you never hear opposition politicians saying how they are going to change to fix the country.

Ok. Then I hope some else can do a better job. I'm not a qabilist, I support anyone who can fix Somalia. Farmaajo has many flaws but I don't really see anyone who is better than him right now and that's a problem. The opposition is only united by their hatred of Farmaajo and MX, you never hear opposition politicians saying how they are going to change to fix the country.

President Deni is better than Farmaajo, his team has:

1. Destroyed AlShabab in Galkacyo
2. Introduced a Modern Financial System which is exposing and tackling corruption
3. Increased the number of armed forces + increased their salaries which are sent automatically to their mobile bank accounts.
etc.

Deni delivered on every single promise he made to us, whilst Failmaajo has;

1. Paid bots to harass our leaders and impersonate our civilians
2. Stopped Puntite Students from getting their degrees recognised
3. Stopped a flight with investors landing in Garacad.
4. In fact, he refused to even acknowledge or support Garacad Port's development
etc, etc. There is a long list of his failures which can be seen here:

We welcomed Farmaajo when he first took up power even though we knew he was a Marexan Kacaanist and he proved us right by being corrupt and hostile.

Puntland started the process to remove your uncle from power and he will spend the rest of his life regretting starting beef with us. Mark my words.

Som

VIP
President Deni is better than Farmaajo, his team has:

1. Destroyed AlShabab in Galkacyo
2. Introduced a Modern Financial System which is exposing and tackling corruption
3. Increased the number of armed forces + increased their salaries which are sent automatically to their mobile bank accounts.
etc.

Deni delivered on every single promise he made to us, whilst Failmaajo has;

1. Paid bots to harass our leaders and impersonate our civilians
2. Stopped Puntite Students from getting their degrees recognised
3. Stopped a flight with investors landing in Garacad.
4. In fact, he refused to even acknowledge or support Garacad Port's development
etc, etc. There is a long list of his failures which can be seen here:

We welcomed Farmaajo when he first took up power even though we knew he was a Marexan Kacaanist and he proved us right by being corrupt and hostile.

Puntland started the process to remove your uncle from power and he will spend the rest of his life regretting starting beef with us. Mark my words.
I'm talking about a vision for Somalia as a whole. What vision does your adeer Deni have on Somalia as a country? Farmaajo may be from my same clan but I don't support people for qabil reason. As a pansomalism suppoerter I would support anyone who can solve our problems.

I'm talking about a vision for Somalia as a whole. What vision does your adeer Deni have on Somalia as a country? Farmaajo may be from my same clan but I don't support people for qabil reason. As a pansomalism suppoerter I would support anyone who can solve our problems.

Deni would replicate what he did in Puntland, he has zero tolerance for AlShaydan or nonsense.
Unfortunately for him, AlShaydan is the 'hidden' government in South-Central Somalia thanks to Farmaajo and Fahad Yasin aka AlShaydan's handmaiden who runs NISA. It's a joke.

reer

VIP
Deni would replicate what he did in Puntland, he has zero tolerance for AlShaydan or nonsense.
Unfortunately for him, AlShaydan is the 'hidden' government in South-Central Somalia thanks to Farmaajo and Fahad Yasin aka AlShaydan's handmaiden who runs NISA. It's a joke.
fatboy deni has the luxury of having a monopoly over violence. that is non existant below the galkayo line.

Xamar leached off being the capital, it wasn’t buit by the natives and Hargeisa has no roads, it’s a giant slum filled with prostitutes and marqaans. Compare that to clean and safe Bossaso, Garowe and Galkayo (excluding Baraxley slum)
:childplease:

Trending