President HSM: I don't support Somaliland's quest for independence.

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
Hsm and HAG politicians need to be more pro active , they need to dangle the somaliland issue over the puntlander heads and tell them if they soo much be against banadir state formation that they will vote to recognize somaliland .
Hu2u politicians are just xaasids, if they wont take advantage of this situation for their own benefit they should let somaliland secede
Wow, so scary, what a pickle, shiver me timbers, there's no getting out of that one.

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
Hsm and HAG politicians need to be more pro active , they need to dangle the somaliland issue over the puntlander heads and tell them if they soo much be against banadir state formation that they will vote to recognize somaliland .
Hu2u politicians are just xaasids, if they wont take advantage of this situation for their own benefit they should let somaliland secede

Banadir state has not happened because the US/EU do not want it to happen. Puntland is a side player on this issue.

Besides, Puntland already made a concession when it accepted Galmudug as a federal state although it did not fulfil the constitutional criteria. At some point, it is not worth it for Puntland to accept even more Hawiye overrepresentation in Parliament.

Even if Puntland were to accept Banadir as a state, the next day Hawiye will say "Hiiraan is the only state that was never divided, we want our own federal state", again threatening to recognize Somaliland etc...There is no limiting principle to this kind of dynamic when it gets going.

Also, Somalia would not be a democracy because a single tribe would have 50% of the votes in the senate, a virtual veto. With Hawiye at 50% in the senate, and Puntland stuck at 13% in the house, and there is probably no point in staying in Somalia.

Based

VIP
Puntland is against president Hassan which empowers Somaliland. There is secret alliance between Puntland and Somaliland which Khaatumo conspiracy theorist keep talking about. I think we need to be careful. Puntland is setting us up for a trap.
:dead:

Somaliland's quest for independence is dead in the water. Anyone who thinks otherwise is kidding himself.

If HSM really wanted to go after SL and dismantle it, he could easily do that.

Pay of couple of Dhulbanto and Warsangali odayall to ask for government soldiers, send a few thousand soldiers to Lascaanod and other cities in the region, while also supporting Samaroons who are against SL.

As the official and recognized government, it has the right to do that within its own territory, but I don't think HSM would do that

However, I do see a war in the medium term, as the Somali gov becomes stronger and rebuilds its army.