President Farmaajo addresses the world in UN Summit.

Not only was his speech pre-recorded but out 193 countries only 7 countries where present. :mjpls:

And no it was not countries with any significants or cloud...

Lebron James

4 Time NBA Champion
VIP
2021922637678671998954000.jpg

Not only did reform efforts enhance trust between the Somali people and Government, he added, but international financial institutions also provided funding to help mitigate the worst of the crisis.

“Economic reforms are key to the sustainable recovery and development of Somalia,” said President Mohamed, who is known as ‘Farmajo’.

“In this regard, we are determined to continue growing our domestic revenue base, strengthening transparency and good governance, as well working even more closely with our people and all our development partners to ensure that Somalia’s recovery from COVID-19 is swift and sustainable.”
Not only did reform efforts enhance trust between the Somali people and Government, he added, but international financial institutions also provided funding to help mitigate the worst of the crisis.

“Economic reforms are key to the sustainable recovery and development of Somalia,” said President Mohamed, who is known as ‘Farmajo’.

“In this regard, we are determined to continue growing our domestic revenue base, strengthening transparency and good governance, as well working even more closely with our people and all our development partners to ensure that Somalia’s recovery from COVID-19 is swift and sustainable.”

President Mohamed also addressed the urgent need to protect the environment. Somalia’s economic reform relies on its natural resources, which include one of the world’s longest coastlines and vast tracts of arable land.

However, the country continues to experience the painful results of global warming, he said, pointing to recurring cycles of destructive and deadly droughts and floods.

“Looking forward, it is the collective duty of all states, communities,and individuals to respond to the needs of the planet,” said the President. “We must all do our absolute best to cooperate to protect the future of our planet and our source of life, wealth, and well-being.”

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
We must protect the environment, we should all plants trees and help green the country :)

Lebron James

4 Time NBA Champion
VIP
How does religion turn people into those in shabaab, what part did they not understand. Me as a muslim now is not even 1% close to their extremism and way of islam

I always wondered

bidenkulaha

GalYare
How does religion turn people into those in shabaab, what part did they not understand. Me as a muslim now is not even 1% close to their extremism and way of islam

I always wondered
It is very interesting. I believe that many people are inherently authoritarian. 20-30% of people have this personality. Combining this with Islam which let’s be honest has had a violent history and a lack of pushback from a strong state, I hazard a guess that it is inevitable.

Lebron James

4 Time NBA Champion
VIP
It is very interesting. I believe that many people are inherently authoritarian. 20-30% of people have this personality. Combining this with Islam which let’s be honest has had a violent history and a lack of pushback from a strong state, I hazard a guess that it is inevitable.

True the lack of a strong state was the golden ticket for them to push their movement, sad to see this stuff unfold. I used to watch videos of that Somali BBC reporter go to the Shabaab leader and have conversation with him and he looked so sure of what he was saying. Was doing the complete opposite in reality but when interviewed it was all for the sake of good faith and driving out the kuffar from Somalia.

These guys are sick in the head

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Combining this with Islam which let’s be honest has had a violent history

Islam's history is nowhere near as violent as Christianity.

Slavery, Colonisation, the Crusades, thousands upon thousands of Jewish pogroms, the discovery of the New World (and its subsequent violent conquests), Spanish Inquisition, Apartheid etc.

All examples off the top of my head of people attempting to either push Christianity by violence or use Christianity to justify violence. That does not mean Christianity is a violent religion but it does not mean it is a more peaceful religion than Islam, which happens to get more criticism for historical violence.

mr steal your naag

banu hashim and shiettt
VIP

Slavery, Colonisation, the Crusades, thousands upon thousands of Jewish pogroms, the discovery of the New World (and its subsequent violent conquests), Spanish Inquisition, Apartheid etc.

All examples off the top of my head of people attempting to either push Christianity by violence or use Christianity to justify violence. That does not mean Christianity is a violent religion but it does not mean it is a more peaceful religion than Islam, which happens to get more criticism for historical violence.
Islam had slavery and colonisation to

bidenkulaha

GalYare
I’m not disagreeing. An unfathomable amount of blood has also been spilt by Christian fundamentalism.

The point however was about how and why Shabaab ideology resonate so much with these Somalis to this day. At the end of the day AS finds their justification from Islam. Whether we agree or not with their interpretation/implementation.

I always wondered
Most of them are actually poor and uneducated, it's actually a dangerous thing to not educate the public.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Islam had slavery and colonisation to

Yes, you are right.

But the Muslims that owned slaves or attempted colonisation did not attach a religious aspect to their actions, as if they are fulfilling a religious obligation. During the Scramble for Africa, many European powers stated that colonisation of Africa was the "White man's burden" to educate Africans and teach them Christianity.

For slavery, many believed and perpetuated the myth that the Bible believed that Black people were to be enslaved and that was the order of things. This preached was churches across America, France and other nations.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
I’m not disagreeing. An unfathomable amount of blood has also been spilt by Christian fundamentalism.

The point however was about how and why Shabaab ideology resonate so much with these Somalis to this day. At the end of the day AS finds their justification from Islam. Whether we agree or not with their interpretation/implementation,

You are not wrong either.

My point is that any reasonably educated person can read the Quran and understand that each verse or chapter was written in a specific context.

For someone to not understand that, then their problem does not lie with the scripture but rather their lack of education, either in a religious sense or academic sense.

Trending