Pray for Halimos in America a new deadly pregnancy disease…

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
It starts with preconception health. Make some lifestyle adjustments and make sure you have enough B-vitamins particularly folic acid, vitamin C and zinc. Somalis sparingly supplement too. From what I have noticed.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
Anyone who is pregnant should regular to check-up. This should have been a general rule.

It starts with preconception health. Make some lifestyle adjustments and make sure you have enough B-vitamins particularly folic acid, vitamin C and zinc. Somalis sparingly supplement too. From what I have noticed.
It is true that, somalis have anemia

Black women and somali women give birth to most children
Surprising new disease for this subset of society who gives birth to children
America reduces population of these ethnicities so they don't have too many kids
population control

u mentioned in a past post you believe at home births are the best option for you, could you expand on that

Aegon

The Conqueror, King of all Westeros
Black women and somali women give birth to most children
Surprising new disease for this subset of society who gives birth to children
America reduces population of these ethnicities so they don't have too many kids
population control
No, African American population is not moving since 1980, they were 12% of the population 20y ago and still 12% now, actually the one who give birth to most children are Latinos and South Asians. (in US)

Khaemwaset

Djiboutian 🇩🇯 | 𐒖𐒆𐒄A𐒗𐒃 🇸🇴
VIP
No, African American population is not moving since 1980, they were 12% of the population 20y ago and still 12% now, actually the one who give birth to most children are Latinos and South Asians. (in US)
Why aren't black Americand larger in population? They were here the longest besides cadaans. I get the whites had immigrantion from Europe to boost their numbers. But the black Americans should've grown to at least 30% of the population. It seems that having a lack of emphasis on family is what's bringing their numbers low compared to the rest of the pop.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Much ado about nothing.

On britghter note: Somalis have replaced black americans, they are so photo and ty-genic! :hillarybiz:

Hodan from HR

Be Kind Online.
Staff Member

I wonder why such cases are not prevalent in back home considering prenatal care is not a common practice, preconception health is almost nonexistent and the women tend to give birth to multiple children.

Plus, supplements have a lower bioavailability compared to obtaining essential vitamins and minerals from our diet or natural surroundings.

I came across a video shared by someone here of a Swedish doctor who conducted a case study on the high rate of Somali children born with autism. He attributed this phenomenon to low levels of vitamin D. Although spina bifida is a distinct condition, I can't help but wonder if a combination of poor diet and the inability to naturally acquire sufficient vitamin D from sunlight, as our ancestors did, could be contributing to the increasing number of children being born with lifelong disabilities?

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot

Dude! This is an old clip.

I ran with it on my Twitter freelance Somali news.
She was actually outraged. She felt betrayed by the doctor. She wrote abt it in a long statement.

Apparently she got bamboozled.

johnsepei5

Head of Somalia freemasonry branch
Somalis need to take a page out of the jews book and create their own hospitals,cadaans can’t be trusted

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Anyone who is pregnant should regular to check-up. This should have been a general rule.

It is true that, somalis have anemia
It is often diet-related but could be due to an underlying health condition.
u mentioned in a past post you believe at home births are the best option for you, could you expand on that
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I wonder why such cases are not prevalent in back home considering prenatal care is not a common practice, preconception health is almost nonexistent and the women tend to give birth to multiple children.

Plus, supplements have a lower bioavailability compared to obtaining essential vitamins and minerals from our diet or natural surroundings.

I came across a video shared by someone here of a Swedish doctor who conducted a case study on the high rate of Somali children born with autism. He attributed this phenomenon to low levels of vitamin D. Although spina bifida is a distinct condition, I can't help but wonder if a combination of poor diet and the inability to naturally acquire sufficient vitamin D from sunlight, as our ancestors did, could be contributing to the increasing number of children being born with lifelong disabilities?
It could also be due to higher rates of obesity in the west as well. As well as more exposure to environmental toxins. That could negatively influence birth outcomes. As for bioavaliablity of supplements vs. food that is correct. However, individuals with MHFR gene mutation actually have greater risk of birth defects (i.e spine abifida) from issues metabolizing B-vitamins so nutritional supplementation might be of benefit. Also, the urbanized Somali diet is far from nutrient dense. I also presume when you add to that the standard American diet its even worse. So I see no harm in high quality food grade supplements.

You are correct. I assumed that was the incentive of home births. I consider this an individual choice though.
Are you built for that amount of pain though?
Also home births drugs can still be administered by nurses, that's assuming if you have a nurse, some are qualified to give painkillers etc.. otherwise there would probably only be midwives there.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Are you built for that amount of pain though?
Also home births drugs can still be administered by nurses, that's assuming if you have a nurse, some are qualified to give painkillers etc.. otherwise there would probably only be midwives there.
Only time will tell. All I can say is my diet and lifestyle coupled with the absence of FGM (a strong risk factor for birth complications) may provide favourable conditions. I'm not against pain medications I just prefer not to take them due to side effects and implications on the baby.

They can contribute to prolonged labour, difficulty urinating, trouble breathing, delayed milk onset, problems breastfeeding, increased infant weight loss, higher cesarean section rate, more likely to need pictocin, higher post-partum hemorrhage and neonatal jaundice rates to name a few. I suppose most people are fine though. I'm more my own person so I'll do me. Insha'Allah.

Only time will tell. All I can say is my diet and lifestyle coupled with the absence of FGM (a strong risk factor for birth complications) may provide favourable conditions. I'm not against pain medications I just prefer not to take them due to side effects and implications on the baby.

They can contribute to prolonged labour, difficulty urinating, trouble breathing, delayed milk onset, problems breastfeeding, increased infant weight loss, higher cesarean section rate, more likely to need pictocin, higher post-partum hemorrhage and neonatal jaundice rates to name a few. I suppose most people are fine though. I'm more my own person so I'll do me. Insha'Allah.
I actually agree with what you are saying but as a man holding these opinions is dangerous as I will be seen as a misogynist for holding this view or any view on womens matters despite the fact I have research this
here in the UK we have a big problem with overuse of cesareans on women, right now the rate is around 35% of births are by c-section

Trending

Latest posts