Praising Somali women for being strong

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
somali women are the cornerstone of our society and have been like that for centuries

BUT one thing I don't agree with and which I see alot is Somali women being praised for raising 10-15 kids singlehandedly on their own on top of the childrearing she's cooking as well as cleaning after all those kids

I don't think this is something to praise or normalize where are the fathers?

What should be normalized is lifting the burden of carrying a family off of women in Somali households

It's disturbing, men are physically stronger than women so why is it celebrated when the weaker sex is physically exhausted.

In households where women do most of the work, the man is just another child waiting to be fed and taken care of. Some of these man-children have the nerve to complain about their overworked and neglected wives being tired, instead of supporting their wives and managing their households, they run to find another wife to turn into a second overworked donkey.

This is why the divorce rate is higher in the diaspora than in Somalia, diaspora women don't need to rely on a man's financial contribution and can actually live happier, with more time by cutting the man-child loose and many find more decent second husbands.

Whereas Somali women back home are often burdened with such creatures due to financial difficulties, so they cannot ask for a divorce, smh.

Lazy Somali men are tolerated at best, but they are dumb enough to think they are appreciated.
The prophet SAW was a prophet, a businessman etc, and he still had time to carry out household duties, what's the excuse for lazy "Muslim" males.

Aisha, the wife of the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh), was asked, β€œWhat did the Prophet (ο·Ί) use to do in his house?” She replied, β€œHe used to keep himself busy serving his family (ΩƒΩŽΨ§Ω†ΩŽ ΩŠΩŽΩƒΩΩˆΩ†Ω فِي Ω…ΩΩ‡Ω’Ω†ΩŽΨ©Ω Ψ£ΩŽΩ‡Ω’Ω„ΩΩ‡Ω) and when it was the time for prayer he would go for it.” (Bukhari)

The word used in the hadith is mihnah (Ω…ΩΩ‡Ω’Ω†ΩŽΨ©), which is translated as β€˜busy serving’ here, also means in the Arabic language β€˜work’, β€˜job’, β€˜profession’, etc. This implies helping your wife in the house is a full time job as well. Whether it’s helping wash the dishes, cooking, cleaning, raising the kids, etc., is all part and parcel of being the β€˜man’ of the house. The notion that it is somehow degrading for men to help and work with the wife around the house is foreign to Islam.

In another report Aisha is reported to have said, β€œHe did what one of you would do in his house. He mended sandals and patched garments and sewed.” (Adab Al-Mufrad graded sahih by Al-Albani)

In yet another report it is said that she said, β€œHe milked his goat.” (Ahmad)

Hence, he did not find such things too β€˜womanish’ for him to do. It is no wonder that he said, β€œThe best of you is the one who is best to his wife, and I am the best of you to my wives.” (Tirmidhi; Ibn Majah)

Last edited:
In the past and in 3rd world countries today men had to and have to work hard to earn enough wealth and to survive in general. On the other hand, first-world modern conveniences have led to laziness becoming prevalent, unfortunately. I myself often succumb to laziness, it is a disease tbh.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
somali women are the cornerstone of our society and have been like that for centuries

BUT one thing I don't agree with and which I see alot is Somali women being praised for raising 10-15 kids singlehandedly on their own on top of the childrearing she's cooking as well as cleaning after all those kids

I don't think this is something to praise or normalize where are the fathers?

What should be normalized is lifting the burden of carrying a family off of women in Somali households

The fathers have lived their uses. A worker bee job is to sting the Queen bee, and then collapse dies. The Queen bee lays eggs

Cerberus

I started my own security company Cerberus.
VIP
Women be it Somali or not are more important than men and should be respected. Because the woman has to carry the child in back pain for 9 months. Then she has to painfully birth child and then take care of him, then she has to raise him up. That's why the prophet said even if you Carry your mom back and forth to Hajj 7 times you still can't repay her.

Here in Kampala where I am temporarily at, my wife told me one of her friends has a Canadian husband and he refused to take her to Canada as he promised but he still sends money to her. I told her to tell her if she really wants Canada she can contact Canada through Uganda Canada Embassy to report her husband promised to take her and their child to Canada but the Somali husband isn't fulfilling his promise and Canada will take her in anyways after getting hdr story. You saw how Canada took in that Saudi Arab girl who was fleeing her deadly abusive Arab family.

Trending

Latest posts