Practising Mindfulness in Islam

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

NaomiHoney

Recently, I've gathered an interest in learning concepts and theories regarding how to be present in terms of salah, my surroundings, and actions.

However, majoring of these teachings derive from Buddhism or/and Hinduism

Who it be considered haram if there is some cohesive learning between Islam and mindfulness?

I understand that what am currently learn is written for,

Allah swt knows my intentions. Which is why i am channelling this whilst practising Islam and seeking more knowledge to self-improve.

Siddhartha

future pirate king
VIP
I asked this question on reddit, these were some of the responses

Haha of course it isn't forbidden. Reading the Quran is meditation. The salah is meditation. So many aspects of Islam involve meditation but one might not realise that.

As long as you aren't doing the meditation using a method that might contradict Islam, it's fine

Goodness no, it's not haram. Like /u/Bathera said, a lot of what we do is essentially meditation in a way, even if it doesn't always feel like it! In Sufi practices, muraqaba is practiced primarily by the Naqshbandi if I remember right, but it's not an entirely uncommon practice.

Al Dhoobe

Dr. Dhoobe
Recently, I've gathered an interest in learning concepts and theories regarding how to be present in terms of salah, my surroundings, and actions.

However, majoring of these teachings derive from Buddhism or/and Hinduism

Who it be considered haram if there is some cohesive learning between Islam and mindfulness?

I understand that what am currently learn is written for and channelling this whilst practising Islam and seeking more knowledge to self-improve.

This is cilmu tasawwuf or taziyatul nafs purification of the heart. It's the highest form of belief and is the rank of the Muhsin which is mentioned in the quran and hadith. To worship Allah as if you see him, although you can't see him you are aware that he sees you! Ilaahi haku fuduudeyo, it takes a calm humble soul to reach this spiritual state.

Imam Hamza yusuf has a translation of a book an Islamic scholar wrote titled "purification of the heart". You can listen ti the audio and commentary of this book on YouTube in 48 parts by Imam Hamza Yusuf.

There's also alot of great books written by Imam Ghazali that talks about such topics, he's basically the master of Islamic spirituality and was known as "hujjatul islam"- The proof of Islam for his outstanding scholarship. He was alive around 500 Hijri calender

N

NaomiHoney

This is cilmu tasawwuf or taziyatul nafs purification of the heart. It's the highest form of belief and is the rank of the Muhsin which is mentioned in the quran and hadith. To worship Allah as if you see him, although you can't see him you are aware that he sees you! Ilaahi haku fuduudeyo, it takes a calm humble soul to reach this spiritual state.

Imam Hamza yusuf has a translation of a book an Islamic scholar wrote titled "purification of the heart". You can listen ti the audio and commentary of this book on YouTube in 48 parts by Imam Hamza Yusuf.

There's also alot of great books written by Imam Ghazali that talks about such topics, he's basically the master of Islamic spirituality and was known as "hujjatul islam"- The proof of Islam for his outstanding scholarship. He was alive around 500 Hijri calender

Ameen ya raab. May Allah swt grant us and our family jannatul fardous.

This is great info! This is what i am seeking. Spirituality!

I shall collect some books you've recommended!

Status
Not open for further replies.