Practicing Mindfulness To Understand One's Self

Hodan from HR

Be Kind Online.
Staff Member
It is often said, the most hardest battle is battle against one's self. Be it breaking off bad habits or negative ways of thinking to trying to be more helpful and give back to your community.

Most of the time, our feelings are not the actual facts. Emotions are usually temporary and subject to change. Practicing mindfulness helps us choose which emotions to respond to and which ones to patiently acknowledge but not react to.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
It is often said, the most hardest battle is battle against one's self. Be it breaking off bad habits or negative ways of thinking to trying to be more helpful and give back to your community.

Most of the time, our feelings are not the actual facts. Emotions are usually temporary and subject to change. Practicing mindfulness helps us choose which emotions to respond to and which ones to patiently acknowledge but not react to.

I remember that Native American parable.

Mindfulness is one of my weak spots when it comes to wellness. Having a racing mind that refuses to slow down is difficult. What do you suggest, Ms. Hodan?

True, I used to meditate and try other techniques when stressed with work/studies but wallahi I dont think theres honestly nothing works better than praying salah

Hodan from HR

Be Kind Online.
Staff Member
I remember that Native American parable.

Mindfulness is one of my weak spots when it comes to wellness. Having a racing mind that refuses to slow down is difficult. What do you suggest, Ms. Hodan?

Hi @sophisticate :)

Thinking of other positive/realistic outcomes, using personal mantras or taking deep breaths when having such thoughts are good practices to overcome racing mind.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited: