Post your favourite quotes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zayd

Habar Magaadle
The free soul is rare, but you know it when you see it - basically because you feel good, very good, when you are near or with them.

Bukowski

The true genius shudders at incompleteness — imperfection — and usually prefers silence to saying the something which is not everything that should be said.

Edgar Allan Poe

"Do not allow your heart to take pleasure with the praises of people, nor be saddened by their condemnation."

Imam Ghazali

What can my enemies do to me? I have in my breast both my heaven and my garden. If I travel they travel with me, never leaving leaving me. Imprisonment for me is a chance to be alone with my Lord. To be killed is martyrdom and to be exiled from my land is a spiritual journey .

-Ibn Taymiyya

Figo

|Garowe|Jalam|Galkacyo|
VIP
“If you are truthful you will survive but if you lie you shall perish.”Khalid Ibn AL Walid (ra)

“Don’t forget your own self while preaching to others.” Umar Ibn Khatab (ra)

“A man may be as straight as an arrow, but even then he will have some critics.” Umar Ibn Khatab (ra)

Figo

|Garowe|Jalam|Galkacyo|
VIP
A room without books is like a body without a soul.
Marcus Tullius Cicero

He who has not a good memory, should never take upon him the trade of lying. Montaigne

A nickname is the heaviest stone the devil can throw at a man. Anon

If the enemy has guns and you have spears – You have a chance. If they have nukes and you have rocks–You still have a chance. However, if they have unity and you have disunity–there is no hope!

.- ' Geeljire

True freedom is not only the right to vote, but the right to self-define and the right to interrogate definitions imposed and formulate new ones, which favor the Subject in any given political climate

-Alik Shahadah

Bielsa

Free Wi-Fi > Free Palestine
VIP
"In a room of 10 people, 3 will like you, 3 will hate you, and 4 will be indifferent to you. So if someone doesn't like you, don't sweat it, that's life."

Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery.
Malcolm X

A man who stands for nothing will fall for anything.
Malcolm X

I don't even call it violence when it's in self defense; I call it intelligence.
Malcolm X

Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.
Sun Tzu

Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness. Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness. Thereby you can be the director of the opponent's fate.
Sun Tzu

A good commander is benevolent and unconcerned with fame.
Sun Tzu

Two of my favorite quotes:
"He is not strong and powerful who throweth people down; but he is strong who witholdeth himself from anger."
- Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W)

“Beware of speaking too much, for it increases mistakes and engenders boredom.”
- Ali Ibn Abu-Talib (A.S)

Figo

|Garowe|Jalam|Galkacyo|
VIP
I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed. –MJ

br-2089511.jpg

Figo

|Garowe|Jalam|Galkacyo|
VIP
If you hear a voice within you say “you cannot paint,” then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced. –Vincent Van Gogh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending