Possible Tiktok ban in US and Elon continues to make Twitter user experience worse

US congress voting today to attempt to force parent company of Tiktok, Bytedance, to divest from the company (aka sell it to an American company/put it under American ownership) or app will be banned in 6 months and taken off Apple Store and Google store. Reason given is national security and link to CCP.

Article: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna142047

My thoughts: They'll never say this but I think this has to do with the fact that most users of Tiktok are young people who are pro-Palestinian and this is a way of stopping them from spreading anti-Israel talking points. Jewish community members like Sasha Baron Cohen, showed up to tiktok headquarters to request they do something about antisemitism.

Meanwhile on Twitter, Elon confirms he will get rid of the number likes and reposts from showing on the timeline. You will only be able to see them when you click on the post.

My thoughts: It's going to be harder to see if you ratio'd someone so the dopamine that most twitter users get by dunking on people will be gone.

Tiyeglow

A Laandheere always pays his debts
Who would have thought in 2024.... Rumble & SSpot are the last remnants of freespeech on the world wide web.

Only issue has always been SSpot gotta move to app man, cant believe I'm logging onto forums like its 2000's somnet.

Yami

4th Emir of the Akh Right Movement
US congress voting today to attempt to force parent company of Tiktok, Bytedance, to divest from the company (aka sell it to an American company/put it under American ownership) or app will be banned in 6 months and taken off Apple Store and Google store. Reason given is national security and link to CCP.

Article: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna142047

My thoughts: They'll never say this but I think this has to do with the fact that most users of Tiktok are young people who are pro-Palestinian and this is a way of stopping them from spreading anti-Israel talking points. Jewish community members like Sasha Baron Cohen, showed up to tiktok headquarters to request they do something about antisemitism.

Meanwhile on Twitter, Elon confirms he will get rid of the number likes and reposts from showing on the timeline. You will only be able to see them when you click on the post.

My thoughts: It's going to be harder to see if you ratio'd someone so the dopamine that most twitter users get by dunking on people will be gone.
NOOOO MY EAST AFRICAN BAD B!TCH FYP

dee.gif

Who would have thought in 2024.... Rumble & SSpot are the last remnants of freespeech on the world wide web.

Only issue has always been SSpot gotta move to app man, cant believe I'm logging onto forums like its 2000's somnet.

Yeah, for SSpot to do that, it would probably have to use Tapatalk or something, but I do like the fact that it's not an app, it gets too cluttered on my phone.

I think people are tired of the big social media apps, the user experience on all of them is crappy. Lots of bots, misinformation, and ragebait. My prediction is people will start to migrate out to smaller apps and forums.

NOOOO MY EAST AFRICAN BAD B!TCH FYP

View attachment 319437

Time to say goodbye to your favorites folder and your extensive collection. My condolences on your loss, sahib.

I'm so happy for the Somalis back home though, they can do their fitna in peace without attention-seeking American Somalis translating their ceeb for views. Huge win!

Yami

4th Emir of the Akh Right Movement
Yeah, for SSpot to do that, it would probably have to use Tapatalk or something, but I do like the fact that it's not an app, it gets too cluttered on my phone.

I think people are tired of the big social media apps, the user experience on all of them is crappy. Lots of bots, misinformation, and ragebait. My prediction is people will start to migrate out to smaller apps and forums.

Time to say goodbye to your favorites folder and your extensive collection. My condolences on your loss, sahib.

I'm so happy for the Somalis back home though, they can do their fitna in peace without attention-seeking American Somalis translating their ceeb for views. Huge win!
Time to save everything. This piece of baddstory will never be forgotten :ohhhdamn:

Wonyluvr

“la vie en rose🥀 ~”. on hiatus
VIP
Inshallah, if the US bans it a lot of other countries will feel bold enough to do it. I know Somalia and Kenya were both considering it last year.
they need to hurry up crazy shit is going down on that side of TikTok to say the least

Trending