Possible Solution to clan violence

Internet Nomad

๐‘ฎ๐’๐’๐’† ๐’‡๐’๐’“ ๐’ˆ๐’“๐’†๐’†๐’๐’†๐’“ ๐’‘๐’‚๐’”๐’•๐’–๐’“๐’†๐’”
VIP
There needs to be a Somali version of the Berlin conference where clan elders come together with the research and evidence they have conducted and carve the land out.

Until there is a functional government which controls all lands this is the best possible solution.

If two clans cannot agree then it should be voted upon.

Too many times have i heard two clans are fighting over some red dirt which cannot produce a single plant.

There needs to be a Somali version of the Berlin conference where clan elders come together with the research and evidence they have conducted and carve the land out.

Until there is a functional government which controls all lands this is the best possible solution.

If two clans cannot agree then it should be voted upon.

Too many times have i heard two clans are fighting over some red dirt which cannot produce a single plant.
Clan elders are themselves the main problem we should ban clan elders first

Yusuf Abdi Ali Rashid

King of Prussia
We need one winner, my grandfather regularly wakes me up throughout the night shouting curses directed towards the Hawiye ethnicity. He regularly tells me that the war hasnโ€™t ended but it will soon.

Internet Nomad

๐‘ฎ๐’๐’๐’† ๐’‡๐’๐’“ ๐’ˆ๐’“๐’†๐’†๐’๐’†๐’“ ๐’‘๐’‚๐’”๐’•๐’–๐’“๐’†๐’”
VIP
We need one winner, my grandfather regularly wakes me up throughout the night shouting curses directed towards the Hawiye ethnicity. He regularly tells me the war hasnโ€™t ended but it will soon.
One โ€œwinnerโ€ will only cause thousands of deaths and restful clans.

There are no winners.

Imagine the situation in Somalia like this 5 people are sitting in a boat each person is trying to poke a hole near the other person side.

Internet Nomad

VIP
Clan elders are themselves the main problem we should ban clan elders first
True but that can only come with a stable strong government.

We dont have that right now.

Internet Nomad

VIP
Itโ€™s what the people want, itโ€™s what they need. Donโ€™t deny them their right to die for their clan
The children yearn to be child soldiers and die at the ripe age of 15 for the sake of some old man who wants to annex some lifeless dirt from another clan.

GemState

36/21
VIP
The only way out is probably a theocracy. If Iran can get Kurds, Persians, Arabs, Turks, Balochs into 1 organized state ready to fight for it due to Islamic nationalism it could probably work for Somalis. It's also probably telling the most effective fighting force against Khawaarij wasnt from secular Syria or Turkey but from a Theocratic Iran, it'd probably produce more asabiyah than the status quo

Ethnic Nationalism is fake and gay, and most importantly somalis don't want it.

Last edited:

Gacmeey

Madaxweynaha Qurbo Joogta ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ด
One thing you canโ€™t do is ignore qabiil and act like it doesnโ€™t exist. Islam already has laws and mechanisms to settle tribal disputes. We just need a court system to implement it

Three Moons

Give Dhul-Suwayqatayn not an inch of the Sea!
Introduce factories across Somalia, set up multiple sports leagues and entertainment centers, that way you keep all the young manpower busy, establish state owned permanent ranches in every region with sustainable grazing zones accessible with ID cards, the system could flag individuals attempting to overgraze, this way you prevent petty fights. Tie the entire country together with a rail network and entice young people from one city with specific incentives to move to a different city in another part of Somalia, this way the lines of ancestry and โ€˜home regionsโ€™ will eventually get blurred within one or two generations. Set up small police stations spread out across the country manned by officers from different clans, this will assure neutrality.

Most importantly empower the central state (this does not mean dictatorship or strongmen but powerful institutions). This is literally how European countries in the 19th century unified and prospered.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Naah. I say violence is qabil is the only way. I suggest MJs to recruit their large clan, military them- and extinguish any qabil who opposes their reign of govt. Khengis Khan way :hillarybiz:

Bazed

Tired.
VIP
Many of these elders will be dead in a decade or two, but the rot they've caused will stay unless the government can provide youth a way out. If a young man is given the choice to work a good job for good pay or to fight for some dusty village for clan elder, I garentee you he'd pick the former. That the youth away from these old fools and you'll get a bunch of senile old men shouting at each other.

Education is vital to the success of our nation. We have a young population and its probably the greatest advantage we have, far greater than any resources. Give this boys a way out from the cycle of violence and indoctrination.

Many of these elders will be dead in a decade or two, but the rot they've caused will stay unless the government can provide youth a way out. If a young man is given the choice to work a good job for good pay or to fight for some dusty village for clan elder, I garentee you he'd pick the former. That the youth away from these old fools and you'll get a bunch of senile old men shouting at each other.

Education is vital to the success of our nation. We have a young population and its probably the greatest advantage we have, far greater than any resources. Give this boys a way out from the cycle of violence and indoctrination.
i really hope clan elders and the scum that is the people pushing clan aganda are tormented. What gives them the right to elect MP's, presidents, prime ministers. They destroyed our country. I hope the youth put them on trial for their crimes and shithole they created

Bazed

Tired.
VIP
i really hope clan elders and the scum that is the people pushing clan aganda are tormented. What gives them the right to elect MP's, presidents, prime ministers. They destroyed our country. I hope the youth put them on trial for their crimes and shithole they created
Facts.

I truly despise the concept of allowing old men to control so much of the state while common people suffer. The youth would probably pay them no mind if they were simply given the chance at something far better. Hearing about how 15-18 year old boys are dying on behalf of the elders ambition for more land is disgusting. I understand we have duty to our elders however that duty must end at continuing blood feuds and petty revenge killings.

I think we also need a huge land redistribution movement. If you aren't willing to set up a farm and work you land for the foreseeable future then it should be given to the state. Enough with the killings for dusty villages that aren't going to produce anything of value.

Trending