Votes: 9 40.9%
  • near 2 million

Votes: 6 27.3%

• Total voters

alien

📍outer space
VIP
Somali Bantu Population

Y'all I'm wondering what is the SOMALI BANTU POPULATION.

How high is it. I'm guessing around 1 million but probably more.

QueenofKings

Kick in the door wavin the .44
I saw this Bantu Somali girl on YouTube. She said she’s Somali Bantu but 1) she wasn’t born in Somalia, 2) doesn’t speak Somali, 3) identifies ethnically as a Tanzanian tribe and speaks that tribal language. So confusing, makes me wonder how many other ‘Somali’ Bantus there are. I think she identified as Somali because her parents were probably born in Somalia.

I think a distinction needs to be made between Somali Bantu - as in people who’ve lived there for 100s of years and speak Somali etc. And other Bantu people who migrated recently - like I remember watching a video some years of Tanzanian refugees going to Somalia ( though I cannot understand why they’d do that).

alien

📍outer space
VIP
I saw this Bantu Somali girl on YouTube. She said she’s Somali Bantu but 1) she wasn’t born in Somalia, 2) doesn’t speak Somali, 3) identifies ethnically as a Tanzanian tribe and speaks that tribal language. So confusing, makes me wonder how many other ‘Somali’ Bantus there are. I think she identified as Somali because her parents were probably born in Somalia.

I think a distinction needs to be made between Somali Bantu - as in people who’ve lived there for 100s of years and speak Somali etc. And other Bantu people who migrated recently - like I remember watching a video some years of Tanzanian refugees going to Somalia ( though I cannot understand why they’d do that).
It is probable they migrated before the civil war or that some Somali bantu tribes retained their language and culture

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
1614008307584.png
1614008309217.png

Trending