Popular Somali Instagram account celebrating self hate and marrying out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
Nomad

Sxb a third of topics here is about a Halima with an “ajnabi” bloke. On Twitter, instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms, the majority of topics are similar. All this coming from a supposedly “enlightened, well educated and tolerant” young Somalis. These guys aren’t the ages they are claiming, or we are doomed.

Put all these people together and you wouldn't even get 5% of all Somalis. You seriously overestimate the numbers here. Regardless, that isn't even relevant to my question.

VixR

Veritas
I don't see how Somali culture is any different from the other patriarchal cultures in the world. Why don't we see the same amount of frustration and venting coming from Arab or Indian girls?
That's your own ignorance.
There is frustration and clash from Indian/Arabs/Afghan/Iranians girls, you have blinders on because you're Somali guy, who's more attuned to your own criticisms. The average Afghan doesn't know what mess Somali Twitter is like and the same is true the other way around, unless you share these things cross-culturally with friends in your group, which you can happily go look into the community bickering and cultural struggles going on among them.

On another note, online Somali male trolling is absolutely unparalleled by any group I can think of, except maybe Black men, only they don't troll other outside groups and stick to tormenting each other, so it's not as pronounced to the outside world as 'we' are. Online Somali men, on the other hand, are actually somewhere on the bipolar spectrum when it comes to Somali women wherein you (collective) simultaneously use Somali women as a troll toolkit against other groups and then turnaround and troll us as well. That said, there's plenty of frustrations to be had, and how much of it there is is quite galling, on both ends, but especially the women (unsurprisingly to me).

I reported that post because of the Puntland hashtag. I want #Puntland to be associated with port deals, oil explorations, and relatively low inequality according to the world bank survey. I don't want it to be associated with interracial nonsense.

There is no south-west hashtag

Forever avoidng L :trumpsmirk:

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
That's your own ignorance.
There is frustration and clash from Indian/Arabs/Afghan/Iranians girls, you have blinders on because you're Somali guy, who's more attuned to your own criticisms. The average Afghan doesn't know what mess Somali Twitter is like and the same is true the other way around, unless you share these things cross-culturally with friends in your group, which you can happily go look into the community bickering and cultural struggles going on among them.

On another note, online Somali male trolling is absolutely unparalleled by any group I can think of, except maybe Black men, only they don't troll other outside groups and stick to tormenting each other, so it's not as pronounced to the outside world as 'we' are. Online Somali men, on the other hand, are actually somewhere on the bipolar spectrum when it comes to Somali women wherein you (collective) simultaneously use Somali women as a troll toolkit against other groups and then turnaround and troll us as well. That said, there's plenty of frustrations to be had, and how much of it there is is quite galling, on both ends, but especially the women (unsurprisingly to me).

You're telling me Afghan Twitter, or Arab Twitter is as dysfunctional and toxic as Somali Twitter? I somehow doubt that, but i guess i could always go and check and see what i find. It's interesting to note that i've even seen ajnabis noticing the gender wars between Somalis, it's clearly much more pronounced.

As for your second point, yeah, i agree. Somali males do like to troll, but clearly some of that attitude is rubbing off on Somali women as well.

VixR

Veritas
You're telling me Afghan Twitter, or Arab Twitter is as dysfunctional and toxic as Somali Twitter? I somehow doubt that, but i guess i could always go and check and see what i find. It's interesting to note that i've even seen ajnabis noticing the gender wars between Somalis, it's clearly much more pronounced.

As for your second point, yeah, i agree. Somali males do like to troll, but clearly some of that attitude is rubbing off on Somali women as well.
Somalis have a collection of problems, not just gender wars. They have criminality/gang violence, and poor people issues lol. You'll find some criminality/gang issues overlap like ours among the Kurds and Iraqis (post Iraq war refs), for instance, but it's nowhere near as pronounced.

That isn't trolling so much as having a bone to chew.

These waaaa :frdfvsb: Somali men this, waaa :frdfvsb:Somali women that ppl are legitimately actually frustrated with the opposite sex in reality.

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
Somalis have a collection of problems, not just gender wars. They have criminality/gang violence, and poor people issues lol. You'll find criminality/gang issues overlap like ours among the Kurds and Iraqis, for instance, but it's nowhere near as pronounced.

That isn't trolling so much as having a bone to chew.

These waaaa :frdfvsb: Somali men this, waaa :frdfvsb:Somali women that ppl are legitimately actually frustrated with the opposite sex in reality.

Actually, the crime rate in Europe is dominated by groups like Arabs, kurds, North Africans. Somalis are usually in the top 10, but not nr.1 in most cases. In Sweden for example Arabs are the most criminal group. So in many ways our cultural situation is similar to theirs, and yet we see different attitudes online.

I call it trolling because in many cases it goes beyond constructive criticism and enters into pointless venting territory.

Honestly, there are far more pressing concerns than individuals marrying out of their free will. This 'problem' (if I could call it that) is exaggerated & non-existent since most Somali marriages in the diaspora are, in fact, full Somali marriages (according to various anecdotal accounts).

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

VixR

Veritas
Actually, the crime rate in Europe is dominated by groups like Arabs, kurds, North Africans. Somalis are usually in the top 10, but not nr.1 in most cases. In Sweden for example Arabs are the most criminal group. So in many ways our cultural situation is similar to theirs, and yet we see different attitudes online.

I call it trolling because in many cases it goes beyond constructive criticism and enters into pointless venting territory.

I'm speaking from an American perspective. I've seen Iraqi boys and Afghan boys up to shenanigans as well as Somalis, only over here they're not killing each other. We don't have the french/euro North African ghettos you guys have. How's it I know it exists from a supposedly White Croat in America who has ppl in France, and you're here telling me there's no internal communal frustrations about the situation there in Europe?

VixR

Veritas
What if I told you their North African facebook gender wars beef of the kind you guys enjoy the most (wez femailz) has been posted right here on SS before, or do you have a short memory?

Yonis

Puntland Youth Organiser
FKD Visionary
VIP
What if I told you their North African facebook gender wars beef of the kind you guys enjoy the most (wez femailz) has been posted right here on SS before, or do you have a short memory?
Abaayo north african females don't go on twitter informing the whole world about how they're doing charity by marrying north african males
:ohno:

VixR

Veritas
Abaayo north african females don't go on twitter informing the whole world about how they're doing charity by marrying north african males
:ohno:
:cryinglaughsmiley:
Since you're on a Woe is we the Somali male bender, don't let me stop you. A good dose of self-pity sometimes does the spirit well, or whatever.

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
I'm speaking from an American perspective. I've seen Iraqi boys and Afghan boys up to shenanigans as well as Somalis, only over here they're not killing each other. We don't have the french/euro North African ghettos you guys have. How's it I know it exists from a supposedly White Croat in America who has ppl in France, and you're here telling me there's no internal communal frustrations about the situation there in Europe?

If there is, they are not as vocal about it on online platforms like Twitter. You'd be hard pressed to find tweets after tweets about how Arab men are trash with thousands of likes.

Look at the UK. Pakistanis, despite having been there for half a century, are not doing much better than Somalis. There's crime, gangs, rape, sexism, honor killings, you name it. Now find me a huge online presence of Pakistani women shitting on Pakistani men, good luck. See my point?

Btw, don't misunderstand me. These frustrations are based on reality. I never contested that. The best course of action is to solve the underlying problems in the community.

XoosBoos

Hiraab Commander
I find it funny you posted this! Is it threatening you’re manhood or something? Women can marry whoever no ugly,single,internet troll and sad excuse for a human is going to change the fact our Somali women deserve better than our men! Take a hint! By 2050 most somalis are gonna be mixed whether you like it or not
Just because you are a mix bred doesn’t mean a whole pure ethnicity shouldn’t follow your steps and become garacads. If you think Somalis would want to be creole’s or fucking AA’s then gtfoh you barawani langaab :susp::camby:

Last edited:

VixR

Veritas
If there is, they are not as vocal about it on online platforms like Twitter. You'd be hard pressed to find tweets after tweets about how Arab men are trash with thousands of likes.

Look at the UK. Pakistanis, despite having been there for half a century, are not doing much better than Somalis. There's crime, gangs, rape, sexism, honor killings, you name it. Now find me a huge online presence of Pakistani women shitting on Pakistani men, good luck. See my point?

Btw, don't misunderstand me. These frustrations are based on reality. I never contested that. The best course of action is to solve the underlying problems in the community.
Like I said, you're not in tune. You get what you look for.

I agree that publicly berating and complaining about shit doesn't do much, but social media provides just that kind of release for tons of ppl, so that's just what it's become.

I wonder what these girls will do in the future when they have Somali looking sons, will they tell them they're not good enough for Somali women?

And how will they deal with their sons screwed up self-esteems?

Maybe this is the price they'll pay for all their transgressions against their own men.

VixR

Veritas
I wonder what these girls will do in the future when they have Somali looking sons, will they tell them they're not good enough for Somali women?

And how will they deal with their sons screwed up self-esteems?

Maybe this is the price they'll pay for all their transgressions against their own men.
I would advise you to get off Twitter.

VixR

Veritas
I would advise you to stop replying to me until you develop the ability to carry a linear conversation without pseudo-intellectual tangents.
You're too emo for Twitter beef. After a while, I imagine it chips down on anyone to have those gender wars all the time. You don't prove your self-worth by battling some online non-entity behind a screen who's in a state of frustration/annoyance/anger

IMG_2336.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending