poor hygiene due to hijab

Alluring

Sayonara
I'm sure everyone here knows of at least a few girls who have inadequate hygiene but hide behind their hijab.

I remember when I use to go to dugsi back in the day, when I would go to the bathroom to make wudu, like 1/3 of the girls in the bathroom had unbrushed dry hair from neglect. This might be controversial but I think a big factor as to why so many girls don't go to the gym or have proper haircare routines or even moisturizing themselves is because they can hide behind an abaya and hijab. I always advocate for Muslim girls to wear hijab but just because you wear hijab, does not excuse poor hygiene and poor body image.

A lot of these morbidly obese girls can swallow themselves in jilbab so they won't really feel society's opinions on their bodies. Whereas, if you're unhygienic or fat and wear western clothing, you will certainly be judged. Islam heavily promotes cleanliness so I don't get why some choose to use modesty as a way to avoid taking care of one's self. I guarantee that if hypothetically, most girls didn't wear modest clothing, they would feel pressured to change their unhygienic and bad eating habits.

Not to say people shouldn't wear hijabs, because they most definitely should. But, they should keep in mind that going to the gym, being hygienic, taking care of your hair and moisturizing should not be neglected simply because other people can't see it.

Hassan mahat

I karbash wahabist salafis daily.
I'm sure everyone here knows of at least a few girls who have inadequate hygiene but hide behind their hijab.

I remember when I use to go to dugsi back in the day, when I would go to the bathroom to make wudu, like 1/3 of the girls in the bathroom had unbrushed dry hair from neglect. This might be controversial but I think a big factor as to why so many girls don't go to the gym or have proper haircare routines or even moisturizing themselves is because they can hide behind an abaya and hijab. I always advocate for Muslim girls to wear hijab but just because you wear hijab, does not excuse poor hygiene and poor body image.

A lot of these morbidly obese girls can swallow themselves in jilbab so they won't really feel society's opinions on their bodies. Whereas, if you're unhygienic or fat and wear western clothing, you will certainly be judged. Islam heavily promotes cleanliness so I don't get why some choose to use modesty as a way to avoid taking care of one's self. I guarantee that if hypothetically, most girls didn't wear modest clothing, they would feel pressured to change their unhygienic and bad eating habits.

Not to say people shouldn't wear hijabs, because they most definitely should. But, they should keep in mind that going to the gym, being hygienic, taking care of your hair and moisturizing should not be neglected simply because other people can't see it.
:mjlol: :dead::chrisfreshhah:

Boogie

Islam wins doesnt take Ls Long Live Somalia 🇸🇴
U been missing a lot lately ngl
fetchimage.jpeg

This may be exclusive to girls born in America.

Alluring

Sayonara
This is rubbish lol. Alright dugsi times when as a kid but these grown women out here are not like that.

Think so lol.
The weight part is still very relevant to adult women. I know so many girls who are comfortable with being overweight and will only attempt at being healthy when marriage roles around the corner because that is the only time someone sees her w/o the hijab.

QueenofKings

Kick in the door wavin the .44
Obesity is a big problem for many Somali girls. Every time I go pass a cheap ‘chicken and chips’ shops it’s packed ( almost exclusively) with Somali women and children. We need to do better for ourselves.

Jungle

VIP
The weight part is still very relevant to adult women. I know so many girls who are comfortable with being overweight and will only attempt at being healthy when marriage roles around the corner because that is the only time someone sees her w/o the hijab.
Did you see a xalimo you've known to be fat n dusty her whole life glo up recently? :pachah1: The fact you said unhygenic first says it all :mjlol: you xalimos out here in jeans are mad a few of the covered up 1s stay dusty and fat but glo up in time for the wedding and you feel you have to stay in shape due to the clothes you wear? :heh:

Alluring

Sayonara
Did you see a xalimo you've known to be fat n dusty her whole life glo up recently? :pachah1: The fact you said unhygenic first says it all :mjlol: you xalimos out here in jeans are mad a few of the covered up 1s stay dusty and fat but glo up in time for the wedding and you feel you have to stay in shape due to the clothes you wear? :heh:
Please go back to school, it is evident that you lack any form of proper reading comprehension. I stated multiple times that I believe Muslim women should be hijabis, I am a hijabi myself and have been for years. So, maybe actually read what I said before you make unfounded assumptions to back up your claims in the womens den.

Jungle

VIP
Please go back to school, it is evident that you lack any form of proper reading comprehension. I stated multiple times that I believe Muslim women should be hijabis, I am a hijabi myself and have been for years. So, maybe actually read what I said before you make unfounded assumptions to back up your claims in the womens den.
I pefectly understood what you said love. Im just letting you know how your post and this thread comes across to me. Poor hygenine due to hijab?:mjlol: Dogshit but carry on.

Villainess

smooth talk on a rainy summer evening
Accurate. And the prophet spoke on obesity before. What a shame. I dont wear jilbaab either but I noticed when I was a kid some habayars fully hiding their pregnancy.

AND WE NEVER NOTICE!

Those with unkempt hair have unkempt mothers. My mother would butcher me if I walked around the house with messy hair, long nails, dirty clothes and ashy elbows and feet looool. Cleanliness starts at home.

And the modest clothing is definitely one reason as to why obesity is so prevalent in the Somali community. Beauty standards have also changed to be more lenient to "thicc" girls who in reality are overweight.

I wear hijab and abaya and know what she is talking about. As a man, how do you know what she is saying is true? You can't see our hair so you have no idea if some of us are walking around with unkept hair.

No one here is advocating for jeans and short tops ect. Well I hope not. We're all Muslim women who believe in modesty.

So knowing this, what is your problem then?

Her whole post is merely encouraging women to take better care of themselves and not think just because people cannot see your body, doesn't mean you should let yourself go.

Why would you have an issue with that?

Trending