Poor diet: Children 20cm shorter as a result, analysis says

The team analysed data from more than 65 million children and adolescents aged 5 to 19 years from more than 2000 studies between 1985 and 2019.
They found that in 2019, on average, children and teenagers in north-western and central Europe (eg those in the Netherlands and Montenegro) were the tallest in the world.
Meanwhile, the 19-year-olds who were on average the shortest lived in South and South-East Asia, Latin America and East Africa.
https://www.bbc.com/news/health-54828544

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
The team analysed data from more than 65 million children and adolescents aged 5 to 19 years from more than 2000 studies between 1985 and 2019.
They found that in 2019, on average, children and teenagers in north-western and central Europe (eg those in the Netherlands and Montenegro) were the tallest in the world.
Meanwhile, the 19-year-olds who were on average the shortest lived in South and South-East Asia, Latin America and East Africa.
https://www.bbc.com/news/health-54828544
But, there are some south Asians (Indians, bangladeshis and nepalis) and south east Asians who born or raised in the west and still have almost the same height as their counterparts in their native countries.

Comparing changes in average heights by country effectively rules out a genetic component. Dutch have long had a dairy rich diet and now many Asians also have easy access to dairy. In SE Asia, particularly in China, one is immediately aware of how much taller children are than their parents. Diet, particularly one rich in dairy products, appears to be a huge factor in determining a child's height.

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
So you are telling me that South Sudanese who are, on average, the tallest people in the people have an excellent diet?!!

So you are telling me that South Sudanese who are, on average, the tallest people in the people have an excellent diet?!!
Screenshot_2020-11-08_020314.jpg

Trending