Poor cadaan guy exasperatedly gives up riding his bike bc of horrible Somali drivers N MN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
Hey all,

I'm not trying to be offensive here at all, honestly:

Is it just me, simply a bad series of events, or are many of the Somali drivers some of the worst drivers on the road? Let me explain...

I recently returned to motorcycling after taking a break for several years. As anyone who drives a motorcycle, or rides a bike for that matter knows, if you want to survive long you must pay close attention to EVERYTHING going on around you on the roads at all times. All drivers should, but bikes/motorcycles especially, your life depends on that attentiveness even more. Now to the subject line of my post that likely already has many of you assuming I am some racist troll. I assure you that's not the case.

The majority of the "close calls" I've had on the streets this year - be it someone suddenly switching into my lane without any indication, or stopping suddenly in the middle of the street for no apparent reason, to pulling out from a stop sign directly into my path, as though I didn't even exist, has been someone who appears to be Somali. I haven't noticed any difference with gender or age of these drivers, equal opportunity horrible driving. That's only the really dangerous stuff, the sheer number of stop in the middle of the road to chat with someone else who stopped in the middle of the road, simply discourteous borderline dangerous behaviour is also off the charts by those from the Somali community.

I should also mention I don't have any qualms with the large Somali population here in Minneapolis. No issues whatsoever - beyond dangerous and discourteous driving. I don't believe any of this is intentional, I'm not looking to "get these people off the streets" or anything like that, I'm wondering if it's something others have noticed, and if so, what can be done about it? Is it community based driver education that needs to happen? Is it cultural? Is it lack of experience? Is it simply an "I don't give a **** about other drivers" attitude (I don't believe that's it)?

Feedback? Thoughts? Anyone from the Somali community care to chime in?

http://www.city-data.com/forum/minn...neapolis-just-me-they-disproportionately.html

:jcoleno::jcoleno:

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
I bet you were one of the drivers he mentioned :siilaanyolaugh:

Absolutely not! The one thing he mentioned that's so true is that these xooos would stop all a sudden to speak to a person on the side of the road as if they are in Somalia

Anecdotally I saw a Somali driver today suddenly change lanes while a giant lumber truck was barreling down the road—they almost crashed but the truck driver hit the breaks just in time.

Somalis believe whatever happens on the road is the will of Allah...or so my mom tells me after I tell her chattering away on her cellphone at high volumes while driving with only one hand and rummaging through her purse with the other is NOT OKAY. ESPECIALLY WHEN I AM IN THE CAR WITH HER.

Nightline Kid

Hippo Crate
That's only the really dangerous stuff, the sheer number of stop in the middle of the road to chat with someone else who stopped in the middle of the road, simply discourteous borderline dangerous behaviour is also off the charts by those from the Somali community.
Reminds me of my hometown in a way, Somali taxi drivers would have conversations at stop lights
:mjlol:

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Things must be different in the states. Here Somali drivers are formula one class. In fact, I usually have more problems with useless cadaan female drivers and white-van drivers.

Some Somali guys, usually fobs, drive like absolute maniacs. No turn signals, zigzagging through traffic, braking at the absolute last second etc.

The vast majority of Somali women are just very very poor drivers i.e. 30 in a 45, randomly changing lanes without a care in the world, refusing to turn on intersections despite being literally half way into the turn and then blocking traffic etc

When I see a Somali woman on the roads I make sure to drive very carefully

:manny:

Some Somali guys, usually fobs, drive like absolute maniacs. No turn signals, zigzagging through traffic, braking at the absolute last second etc.

The vast majority of Somali women are just very very poor drivers i.e. 30 in a 45, randomly changing lanes without a care in the world, refusing to turn on intersections despite being literally half way into the turn and then blocking traffic etc

You just described the UK roads. Ileen y'all actually follow the rules of the road? You Yankees would have a heart attack if you ever drove around the UKs tiny lawless roads.:mindblown:

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
ngl huge difference between american somali drivers and canadian ones

whenever i see those new york or ohio plates on the road i legit grip my steering wheel tighter and brace myself for the shitty lane change that is about to happen

they rarely signal, they hardly every merge correctly, they also seem to be under the impression that the shoulder lane off the freeway will continue forever so when they eventually run out of real estate they try to sandwich back in

paramedic

Call me ayeeyo

Send me your address, I just wanna talk
giphy.gif

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
All of my road rage episodes are because of Somali drivers, these idiots don't know what a signal or a stop sign is.

Somali men are the worst...

Hey all,

That's only the really dangerous stuff, the sheer number of stop in the middle of the road to chat with someone else who stopped in the middle of the road, simply discourteous borderline dangerous behaviour is also off the charts by those from the Somali community
Lmaooo This I know. All hoyos everywhere do this

dr.leorio

death\emitter
I can't speak for everyone but every Somali that I know drives safely on the roads here in MN. Granted my dad is a truck driver so I learnt from him to always be cautious on the roads but their are some older Somali FOBs that may drive a bit reckless. But to be fair all the cadaan motorcyclists I've seen on the roads seem to have a deathwish by always cutting lanes and tailgating like crazy. The never seem to follow the rules unless its some senior driving a Harley Davidson. This guy probably just had a couple of bad run-ins with Somalis on the road and never thought to leave it as coincidence.

Hmm. Maybe just the female fobs. Somali drivers are like the general public.

I'm not sure how anyone can single out the Somali drivers when there are 10x as many Asian drivers on the road.

Indian drivers are probably the best. They don't have any shitty drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts