Polygamy should be shunned by Somalis

Its damaging the social fabric. With how common it is in Somalia, you'd think its Wajib when in fact Islam says its preferable for men should limit themselves to one wife. Really it should be an exception to ballers. In the diaspora you have taxi drivers juggling 3 wives with all 3 on welfare and in Somalia you have khat junkies looking for his fourth. How can a man be responsible for his household when his responsibilities are being stretched to such a degree, the result you get is the trending thread.

Apollo

VIP
It is nonexistent in diaspora Somalis except for a handful of Salafis.

I think this is more of a meme than a reality. Never see Somali guys with multiple wives in the West. Only heard of some who had a secret wife back in Somalia or some shit like that.

I think this is more of a meme than a reality. Never see Somali guys with multiple wives in the West. Only heard of some who had a secret wife back in Somalia or some shit like that.
Huh where do you live? Its common where I live in the US and moreso in the UK

How are Somali men marrying so much women??

Is there an imbalance proportion of Somali females compared to males or???

It is illegal in many countries, lol.

And really ''common''. I think it is a big meme.

I’m baffled that you think it’s a meme. I would say around 50% of diaspora Somali men over the age of 40s are polygamous. In the homeland it’s around 70%.

Gladiolus

Somali, is a race
Somali men need a complete religious reeducation. They do not have fear of Allah when it comes to their children and wives, which is one of the first things Allah will question them about.

Yahya

2020 GRANDMASTER
VIP

It's not realistic. I am polyamorous tho. Nothing wrong with dating multiple chicks at the same time, but i could never bring myself to carry that mess over into marriage.

:pachah1:

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
What’s hilarious is that the Shafici sect is critical of polygamy and prefers men to stick to one wife.

Even the surah that allows polygamy also says don’t do it if you fear injustice. It also goes onto say that most will be unjust.

So it begs the question, if they’re not doing it for religion, why are they doing it?

Trending

Latest posts