Polygamy is not mandatory in Islam

Fay

DELETED
They tend to take care of their wives and children. Only converts (black mainly and ex cons) , african Muslims and very very wealthy gulf arabs practice polygamy for the most part.

No wonder other muslims look at me sideways when i say somali men have multiples wives

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I have this uncle and he's had 7 wives. Not at the same time. He married one at 19.then divorced in a year after having a child. Then at 20 he married again. Had two children then had a second wife and had 3 children. At 25 he was divorced of the first one then he married again. then he got a third wife at the same time by 30. At older 30 he married a 4th wife. A little while later he divorced the one that gave him 2 children. Then he married again. He's got around 13 children. All living with the mothers. some not having a father figure in their life. the divorced ones he doesn't pay bill. He lives in somalia

Serial marrying and divorcing cheapens marriage. And shows some degree of instability, irresponsibility and creates a series of broken homes and practically fatherless children. Luckily, it's not that common in 'mainstream' Somalis .

alien

📍outer space
VIP
Serial marrying and divorcing cheapens marriage. And shows some degree of instability, irresponsibility and creates a series of broken homes and practically fatherless children. Luckily, it's not that common in 'mainstream' Somalis .
Mother magnolia. You changed your profile pic. That breaks my heart

images (20) (17).jpeg

It is rare in Somalis. Personally never met one, only heard memes about their existence.
It happens a lot back home. And it used to occur more often during the colonial times and prior to it.

Heck, even my grandfather had 2 wives. But the ones before him each had 4 wives and at least 20-30 children. It's usually practised by large tribes and it's a trick to stay 'landheer'. :sass1:

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
One thing in my opinion alot of people forget with polygamy is that the more wives you get the less time you gonna have for your kids if you got 4 wives that means you only see your kids once a week it aint worth it in my eyes

I have this uncle and he's had 7 wives. Not at the same time. He married one at 19.then divorced in a year after having a child. Then at 20 he married again. Had two children then had a second wife and had 3 children. At 25 he was divorced of the first one then he married again. then he got a third wife at the same time by 30. At older 30 he married a 4th wife. A little while later he divorced the one that gave him 2 children. Then he married again. He's got around 13 children. All living with the mothers. some not having a father figure in their life. the divorced ones he doesn't pay bill. He lives in somalia
My great grandfather did a similar thing but he didn’t abandon his kids tho

but I don’t blame Him if your cumar Maxamud you need to make more soldiers:manny:

most of the wives he married were his brothers wives so he married them to take care of his nephews and nieces

alien

📍outer space
VIP
My great grandfather did a similar thing but he didn’t abandon his kids tho

but I don’t blame Him if your cumar Maxamud you need to make more soldiers:manny:

most of the wives he married were his brothers wives so he married them to take care of his nephews and nieces
hey I'm cumar maxamuud too. The nigga starting the qabil is too :damn:

Trending